Who Turned Heads At Thursday's Practice?

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Nashon Wright was the CB we drafted with the pick the Eagles gave us in trade so they could use our 10th overall pick to draft WR DeVonta Smith. Wouldn't it be ironic if Nashon Wright became known as a DeVonta Smith killer when the Cowboys and Eagles play?

It would put us in really good shape at corner if both he and Joseph work out. Similar to what we were hoping with Awuzie and Lewis. Hopefully, we'll end up doing better than that.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Don't think this is true. Some of us don't judge picks at the time that we make them. Just like we don't judge them in minicamps and OTAs.

You mean you don't judge them negatively. You're fine with positive judgements.

I find that thoroughly boring. If I can have an opinion on the players before the draft I certainly can have those same opinions after it.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
I think everyone turned their heads at least several times each at practice Thursday

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
You mean you don't judge them negatively. You're fine with positive judgements.

I find that thoroughly boring. If I can have an opinion on the players before the draft I certainly can have those same opinions after it.

I don't judge them either way. I can't say they will turn out good or bad.

There are players that I prefer that we pick based on what I've seen of them, but I don't know if they are going to turn out any better than ones I didn't focus on. I didn't know anything about Wright before we chose him, but that doesn't mean anything.

I find it funny when fans don't like a player that Dallas took because of their opinion, which really only matters to them. I'm not saying I like all the players that we take, only that I don't dislike them because what do I know? Some posters are full of themselves about their views on the draft or draft picks when we are all just armchair GMs.

If you've held an opinion of each of Dallas' draft picks since you've been a Cowboys fan and it's been correct, then more power to you. I prefer to not let my view be clouded by any in-expert opinion I've formed.

nobody

Reaction score
I hope he can do in pads at full speed what he's been showing at OTA's.

I don't expect much from him yet because he's a rookie CB. Those usually take time to percolate before becoming good. I wish we had a fantastic CB to train the new ones.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
It would put us in really good shape at corner if both he and Joseph work out. Similar to what we were hoping with Awuzie and Lewis. Hopefully, we'll end up doing better than that.
Don't forget about Jabril Cox.

nobody

Reaction score
I know he was a safety But coverage is coverage and I think he has been working with the secondary players

If it works out, maybe Teague can stick around. He might want to or not...Since he's a HC at a High School, he's top dog. Still, this might be his way to intend to move up in the football world, or he's just helping out his old team. I'm not sure. I'll always remember his best play as when he hit Owens to defend the star.

RoboQB

Reaction score
Apparently, all the anointing oil has been used on this kid.
Everyone else will have to earn their spot.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't judge them either way. I can't say they will turn out good or bad.

There are players that I prefer that we pick based on what I've seen of them, but I don't know if they are going to turn out any better than ones I didn't focus on. I didn't know anything about Wright before we chose him, but that doesn't mean anything.

I find it funny when fans don't like a player that Dallas took because of their opinion, which really only matters to them. I'm not saying I like all the players that we take, only that I don't dislike them because what do I know? Some posters are full of themselves about their views on the draft or draft picks when we are all just armchair GMs.

If you've held an opinion of each of Dallas' draft picks since you've been a Cowboys fan and it's been correct, then more power to you. I prefer to not let my view be clouded by any in-expert opinion I've formed.

That's interesting. So all drafts look equal now since we don't know.

Does this extend to games too? Should I not know if the Chiefs could beat the Lions or the Ravens could beat the Jaguars? No opinions until the facts are in?

Do you even follow the draft then? It must be thoroughly boring for you if you do when the end result of all that time and effort is they all look the same and nobody knows yet.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
If he turns out to be a player, it’ll just go to show people that do this for a living know a lot damned more than people that post on message boards. Maybe it’ll shut a few up.

You mean scouts, other teams, analysts? They all do this for a living. How many busts and bad picks have the Cowboys had? But dont they do it for a living too?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Don't think this is true. Some of us don't judge picks at the time that we make them. Just like we don't judge them in minicamps and OTAs.

Ok, so if you said nothing at the time of the pick, then you didnt have an opinion. My point is that NO ONE should be telling ANYONE they told them so if this kid works out. NO ONE touted him as a good pick when he was drafted. He was the one consensus pick that no one liked.

Now you always get those homers that listen to a press conference and are now convinced it was a good pick. Blind homers will always back whatever the Cowboys say.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
You mean scouts, other teams, analysts? They all do this for a living. How many busts and bad picks have the Cowboys had? But dont they do it for a living too?
You mean just like all 31 other teams? You mean like that? All teams make bad picks. It’s not an exact science. Regardless, they know a hell of a lot more than you and me. I freely admit it, but many on here think they’re God’s gift to pro football. They should be embarrassed, but I guess they’re too stupid and delusional to know better.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Nashon Wright shouldn't have been taken at pick No. 99, he should have been taken sooner! I'm just preparing you for what football analysts will say this fall. The 6'4 rookie cornerback has made plays during minicamp. He has caught my attention in every practice I've witnessed, good or bad. Here's the bad: during his first rookie minicamp in individual drills Wright seemed uncomfortable with basic DB drills. I'm positive it was just his nerves because since rookie camp Wright has shined. Here's the good: Wright has an excellent jam at the line of scrimmage in press coverage (Isaiah Stanback from our show, Talkin' Cowboys, gave him the nickname E. Honda). He uses his long frame well to blanket receivers in man coverage and sit on routes in zone coverage.
https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/who-turned-heads-at-thursday-s-practice
umm real games will show this out..be cautious on practice heroes we have seen this before.. wish we had 5 PS games to see our rooks in live action to make real judgments but its good sign that some of these players some of you poo poo after the draft are showing up positively..

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
umm real games will show this out..be cautious on practice heroes we have seen this before.. wish we had 5 PS games to see our rooks in live action to make real judgments but its good sign that some of these players some of you poo poo after the draft are showing up positively..

At least he's not out there looking like he was a mistake...