Who wants to tank?

aria

Reaction score
I will go ON RECORD as saying I would agree to ANYTHING that IMMEDIATELY dispenses of the red-headed FRAUD HC and purges this cancer of a soft-culture that has enabled mediocrity to seep into the very pores of this once proud and mighty organization!

If that means tanking, IM ALL FOR IT.........WHATEVER it takes......I can not stomach one more second of seeing that sorry excuse spit and clap gleefully on the sidelines as our team gets embarrassed.......
LOL, I may not agree but I truly appreciate your passionate honesty. I love the CAPS for emphasis.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I never would have thought 30 years ago that tanking was ever an option. We played to win championships. Jerry, Garrett etc. have sucked the life out of this franchise.

Beaker42

Reaction score
So I’ve seen several people in different threads advocating tanking if it means JG gets fired. Assuming we lose the majority of our games and that means JG getting fired, who will go on record saying they want us to lose? This means starting Sunday, who wants the Eagles to win to help JG get fired?
I’ll say it. I hope we lose every remaining game and bad.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Can't tank for a number one draft pick since Jerry gave that away. But, I'll have to settle for having a losing record so bad that Jerry has no choice but to fire Garrett.

losersgetcute

Reaction score
Lol, as soon as I hit enter, I started kicking myself. I thought TN would be a cake walk too.
This team has the potential to win out from this point if everything clicks...if they get a couple of wins the next few weeks they could end up 10-6 and peaking just in time for the wildcard, or they could end up 3-13...

wssaustin

Reaction score
Jerry and Co. have successfully killed the hope for not just this season but also next season. We are never so doomed.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I will go ON RECORD as saying I would agree to ANYTHING that IMMEDIATELY dispenses of the red-headed FRAUD HC and purges this cancer of a soft-culture that has enabled mediocrity to seep into the very pores of this once proud and mighty organization!

If that means tanking, IM ALL FOR IT.........WHATEVER it takes......I can not stomach one more second of seeing that sorry excuse spit and clap gleefully on the sidelines as our team gets embarrassed.......

tyx9emw.gif

aria

Reaction score
This team has the potential to win out from this point if everything clicks...if they get a couple of wins the next few weeks they could end up 10-6 and peaking just in time for the wildcard, or they could end up 3-13...
Very insightful. I may get hit by a truck tomorrow or I may not.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They weren’t saying he was the right guy , but they were content with him because they were afraid of who Jerry might bring in. My point if Garrett is hurting your chances of winning a Super Bowl you get rid of him and move on, regardless of everything else( you might get a worse coach).

I've seen a couple of those kinds of posts. I think that's a very small number of folks that think that way though. I get the point that not all coaches are going to work well with Jerry, but realistically I think the team would be better served with someone that doesn't work as well with Jerry and will challenge him more. It's going to take the right guy who can both challenge Jerry, but have Jerry's respect as well, but it being difficult to find that guy is not a reason to not try.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
So I’ve seen several people in different threads advocating tanking if it means JG gets fired. Assuming we lose the majority of our games and that means JG getting fired, who will go on record saying they want us to lose? This means starting Sunday, who wants the Eagles to win to help JG get fired?
The team is tanking. It's happening no matter what we want and not by design.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree you don’t improve by tanking but instead put the young guys out. Play the rest of the season evaluating your future instead going for 8-8 and get those moral victories. Throw White and Rush out there. Continually playing Dak and losing benefits nothing.

I have no problem putin Rush and/or White in at some point, but I don't think now is the time. Like it or not for now Dak is the best chance to have any production from the QB, and without that production the rest of the offense can't get better. Maybe with about 2-3 weeks left in the season is when we start using the backup QBs.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Can we PLEASE stop talking about tanking?

1. It's not in our DNA to tank.
2. We have zero reason to do so anyway with no 1st round pick...

silvrNblue

Reaction score
So, would just absolute junk offensive/defensive play, getting blown out while actually thinking "we got this, our grand scheme of INT, fumble,over throw wide open receivers, clap, clap, clap, run straight up the middle on 1st down, throwing on 3rd and 1 on the 1 yd line into double coverage" considered "tanking"?

dcowboysfan76

Reaction score
The only people who need to tank are the fans. Jerry Jones is like most people with money....they want more. Jerry cares about the relevancy of the team, the ratings, and selling merchandise. If he cared as much about winning as he says he does, he would allow others to make decisions (other than family members), like the Kraft's and Lurie's do. The fans need to boycott the purchase of merchandise, tickets, etc until Jerry gives us a product that we can be happy with.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Goes without saying we need JG gone. That said, and I have said this before, most of us on this board will be in a pine box taking the dirt nap by the time this team will appear,let alone, WIN a SB . The day the Jones cartel leaves the league is the day we win the big game. NOT BEFORE. Hurts because I been a fan since 1974...but enough is enough. The ineptitude is abundant,to the point that my heart aint in it 100% anymore.
I’ve been a fan since the early to mid 70’s too. To me this team is so hard to watch because the game plans are so bad on a consistent basis and brilliant Garrett and Linehan don’t make adjustments until the game is lost. Garrett and Linehan don’t coach to the strength of their players, especially Dak. I do think this team has the talent to make the playoffs with better coaching.

I’m not a big fan of Jerry’s, he meddles to much and gets in the coaches way, but he does do a good job of acquiring talent. I actually think we can win a Super Bowl with Jerry if he hires the right coach and stays the hel_ out of the way this time. Just maybe, Jerry will realize he needs to take a step back and let the coaches coach.