Who wants to tank?

MojaveJT

Reaction score
I'll go on the record as saying I don't want them to tank. You don't improve the team or the young players by giving up midseason. Besides that, if the team (including Jerry) were to intentionally tank, then those games would have no bearing on whether Jason stays or goes anyway. You can't blame a coach for not winning games he was instructed to intentionally lose.

I agree you don’t improve by tanking but instead put the young guys out. Play the rest of the season evaluating your future instead going for 8-8 and get those moral victories. Throw White and Rush out there. Continually playing Dak and losing benefits nothing.

cml750

Reaction score
Wasn't the "tank" decision made when Jerry brought Garrett back for another year? Good job Jerry, the plan is working.

ksadler1

Reaction score
Regardless of what we want, or don't want, this team is doing a great job of tanking all on its own. I haven't seen a team quit like this team did against Tennessee since the Colts obviously tanking to get Andrew Luck...

aria

Reaction score
I’ve been pretty mum on the subject but since I’m the one who brought it up I guess I should chime in.

I’ve always stated I’ll always be against tanking, no matter what the outcome. Last night, I lost my nerve a bit and stated otherwise but it was more out of frustration than my true thoughts. I honestly can’t stand the thought of hoping we lose. If we do, then so be it but I will NEVER hope for a loss (again, last night I made some mistakes and was frustrated) but other than that I have always been on record against tanking.

I’m still confused on whether to despise those who do want us to lose (for a better draft pick, JG being fired, etc) or just accept it. I’m leaning towards just accepting it. We all want whats best for the Cowboys but it’ts hard for me to ever advocate losing whether intentional or not or whether it benefits us in the long run.

I sure as hell would hope none of our players would ever adopt the tanking philosphy, I would lose all respect for them. I can somewhat understand fans wanting to lose for the better but as with many of us (middle school, high school, college, etc) I would never be able to be in a competition and not give it my all, there’s personal pride and self respect on the line.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
The only reason to tank is to get rid of Garrett. I'll be rooting for the Cowboys though because everytime I root for them to tank they win.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ha, so does my gambling account to the tune of $700. I hardly ever bet on a team I love but I thought it was a lock. The 3rd worse offense against one of the alleged best defenses. I’ve always thought our D has been over rated based on the competition, or lack thereof, but I wasn’t expecting that.

Ouch!

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
DOES NO GOOD TO TANK. No first rounder!
Hoping we lose is not about a 1st rounder. It’s about Garrett getting the boot! We will lose without tanking. We are playing good teams. Garrett consistently losses to good teams.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Hoping we lose is not about a 1st rounder. It’s about Garrett getting the boot! We will lose without tanking. We are playing good teams. Garrett consistently losses to good teams.
Goes without saying we need JG gone. That said, and I have said this before, most of us on this board will be in a pine box taking the dirt nap by the time this team will appear,let alone, WIN a SB . The day the Jones cartel leaves the league is the day we win the big game. NOT BEFORE. Hurts because I been a fan since 1974...but enough is enough. The ineptitude is abundant,to the point that my heart aint in it 100% anymore.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
So I’ve seen several people in different threads advocating tanking if it means JG gets fired. Assuming we lose the majority of our games and that means JG getting fired, who will go on record saying they want us to lose? This means starting Sunday, who wants the Eagles to win to help JG get fired?

I would like Garrett to go, but I cannot ever watch hoping they lose if you get my drift

Ren

Reaction score
If we had our 1st i'd be all for Garrett fired + a top 5 pick, but since we traded that i don't care either way

TooTall_Jones

Reaction score
So I’ve seen several people in different threads advocating tanking if it means JG gets fired. Assuming we lose the majority of our games and that means JG getting fired, who will go on record saying they want us to lose? This means starting Sunday, who wants the Eagles to win to help JG get fired?
I will go ON RECORD as saying I would agree to ANYTHING that IMMEDIATELY dispenses of the red-headed FRAUD HC and purges this cancer of a soft-culture that has enabled mediocrity to seep into the very pores of this once proud and mighty organization!

If that means tanking, IM ALL FOR IT.........WHATEVER it takes......I can not stomach one more second of seeing that sorry excuse spit and clap gleefully on the sidelines as our team gets embarrassed.......

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
I will go ON RECORD as saying I would agree to ANYTHING that IMMEDIATELY dispenses of the red-headed FRAUD HC and purges this cancer of a soft-culture that has enabled mediocrity to seep into the very pores of this once proud and mighty organization!

If that means tanking, IM ALL FOR IT.........WHATEVER it takes......I can not stomach one more second of seeing that sorry excuse spit and clap gleefully on the sidelines as our team gets embarrassed.......

LLLOOLLL, TooTall you are TooMuch.

TooTall_Jones

Reaction score
Goes without saying we need JG gone. That said, and I have said this before, most of us on this board will be in a pine box taking the dirt nap by the time this team will appear,let alone, WIN a SB . The day the Jones cartel leaves the league is the day we win the big game. NOT BEFORE. Hurts because I been a fan since 1974...but enough is enough. The ineptitude is abundant,to the point that my heart aint in it 100% anymore.
:hammer::hammer: