Who was the taunting call on?

Cowboy-33

Reaction score
The ref said taunting on number 99 and we don’t have a 99 I don’t think. The commentator said players came on the field. Was there any clarification?

I’m not claim “conspiracy”. I just wish the refs would not take the game in their hands at crucial moments unless the penalties are directly game changing penalties.

EDIT: Sorry upon further review Woods is 99. So what did he do that warranted a 15 yd penalty that could have easily cost us the game?

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
The ref said taunting on number 99 and we don’t have a 99 I don’t think. The commentator said players came on the field. Was there any clarification?

I’m not claim “conspiracy”. I just wish the refs would not take the game in their hands at crucial moments unless the penalties are directly game changing penalties.

EDIT: Sorry upon further review Woods is 99. So what did he do that warranted a 15 yd penalty that could have easily cost us the game?
Taunting...

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
Taunting...

8oZh21u.gif

Setackin

radioactivecowboy88
Reaction score

Woods is 99

Cowboy-33

Reaction score
I said in the EDIT I know it was Woods and they called taunting but WHAT did he do? It wasn’t on tv that I saw.

Did he just run on the field? Did he throw the ball to a defender ? Did he say “Collin’s Mama is so fat her blood type is Ragu?” Just wondering if anyone actually knows.

Last edited:

lukin2006

Reaction score
I think the officials have to use better sense than that. In the heat of the moment on such big play, emotions will spill over...

But these calls are what lead some people to speculate that the NFL likes to control the game, even to the point of giving a team like the Gianst great starting field position. Who knows.

Virginia-Dave

Reaction score
That's twice a post-TD celebration cost us huge yards. The first time (Zeke-Dak kettle) I believe the skins scored a TD after a big return, and yesterday it almost cost us the game. Yes, it's stupid that the refs throw flags on celebrations that seem pretty tame, but players that draw these flags are just as stupid for doing something they know will get them penalized. I pray everyone on this team has learned this going into the playoffs.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I don’t like kicking off after a 15 yard penalty. Send your punter out. He should be able to get a fair catch close to the other team’s 30-35 yard line. (Or is a free kick against the rules? If so, squib it).

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It was an example of quarterbacks’ teammates selfish and/or stupid mistake committed late-in-a-game, which is minimized or forgotten by zealous quarterback critics, who automatically assign the loss to their favorite scapegoat. Luckily, the long-running tunnelvision nonsense was not rehashed this time around.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don’t like kicking off after a 15 yard penalty. Send your punter out. He should be able to get a fair catch close to the other team’s 30-35 yard line. (Or is a free kick against the rules? If so, squib it).
I think the possibility of the punter skanking the punt due to pressure, nerves or getting his punt blocked makes coaches believe kicking off is the safer option.

sunalsorises

Reaction score
I didn’t see anything egregious, especially when teams can stage small plays in formation after scoring, but Dallas can’t be doing things that could even potentially draw a flag like that at that moment in the game.

Swanny

Reaction score
I think the officials have to use better sense than that. In the heat of the moment on such big play, emotions will spill over...

But these calls are what lead some people to speculate that the NFL likes to control the game, even to the point of giving a team like the Gianst great starting field position. Who knows.
I think the officials got it right. There plenty of time left. You can't celebrate like you just won the Super Bowl.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
I think the possibility of the punter skanking the punt due to pressure, nerves or getting his punt blocked makes coaches believe kicking off is the safer option.
No chance of a block.

Very unlikely a punter gets anywhere close to the distance of a KO unless there is very little hangtime which would allow a better return.

Staubacher

Reaction score
It was an example of quarterbacks’ teammates selfish and/or stupid mistake committed late-in-a-game, which is minimized or forgotten by zealous quarterback critics, who automatically assign the loss to their favorite scapegoat. Luckily, the long-running tunnelvision nonsense was not rehashed this time around.
Thread hijack alert.