Who was the taunting call on?

ESisback

Reaction score
It’s so offensive that no one knows for sure! Like 2 Cowboys getting fined for white sleeves (uniform “violation”), while Eagle DL Bennett struts around all ghetto with that stupid sleeveless jersey! Or flags flying over the kettle thing while other teams go through long, elaborate, embarrassingly lame TD celebrations!

Pick-n-Choose legislating!

Ebnorice

Reaction score
I said in the EDIT I know it was Woods and they called taunting but WHAT did he do? It wasn’t on tv that I saw.

Did he just run on the field? Did he throw the ball to a defender ? Did he say “Collin’s Mama is so fat her blood type is Ragu?” Just wondering if anyone actually knows.
I have a feeling woods talked some trash. He seems to get in some scuffles more often then most of the team. And always seems to have his jaw flapping after plays.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Doesn't matter cause we still won the game. Crap call like so many others this year. I don't mind penalties cause that is part of the game, but I do mind them when the calls are totally incorrect and affect the outcome of the game at the same time. That's when it ticks me off.

Totally agree. The Eagles score a meaningless touchdown and do a production of "Hamilton" for their end zone celebration. That's fine.

Cowboys celebrate winning a game? 15 yards to automatically put the Giants at midfield in the last two minutes.

I'm not claiming its a conspiracy before some clown jumps into the thread, but the No Fun League needs to give the players more leeway in these kind of things or they need to outlaw all celebrations. This situation is silly.

Cowboy-33

Reaction score
Glad others mentioned too - my point is the refs calling penalties that can change the outcome of a game that really don’t need to be called. Know the situation and decide to maybe let the players decide the game.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I think one of the announcers said something about a team sideline violation. As if they all ran onto the field to celebrate. So maybe Woods ran out there first, or further out than the others. Regardless, they should have shown it to explain it further.

But that is on the network, not the refs, as to know if it was legit or not for us to see it.
Or maybe the number 99 was just biggest and easiest to see. :muttley:

Kaiser

Reaction score
It was on the bench, players were on the field after the TD. Not sure why they just called it on 99.

They just showed a second of it but it was really funny after the 4th down stop to seal the win - Zeke was running down the sidelines dramatically yelling at players to get off the field. He was doing it in a joking way but it was funny, like "Not this snit again!".

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Totally agree. The Eagles score a meaningless touchdown and do a production of "Hamilton" for their end zone celebration. That's fine.

Cowboys celebrate winning a game? 15 yards to automatically put the Giants at midfield in the last two minutes.

I'm not claiming its a conspiracy before some clown jumps into the thread, but the No Fun League needs to give the players more leeway in these kind of things or they need to outlaw all celebrations. This situation is silly.
As someone else pointed out, the penalty wasn't for the celebration. It was for the team entering the field from the sideline. (Probably)

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
They just showed a second of it but it was really funny after the 4th down stop to seal the win - Zeke was running down the sidelines dramatically yelling at players to get off the field. He was doing it in a joking way but it was funny, like "Not this snit again!".
I didn't get to see that. Too bad it apparently didn't work.

They really need to start eliminating the stupid penalties that are so easy to avoid.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It was stupid. But where would this team be without Antuan Woods coming out of nowhere this season?
And if it was a sideline penalty, Woods was probably just the guy they picked to cite for the penalty.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I didn't get to see that. Too bad it apparently didn't work.

They really need to start eliminating the stupid penalties that are so easy to avoid.
It is quite apparent that refs are working it, and the players need to take notice, right or wrong, justified or not. There is no legal system involved, so they need to avoid the obvious. Glad to see the players have some spirit, but the focus needs to be there.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Woods gave us this, so I forgive him:
GO1epqlm.jpg

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Woods has developed into a valuable asset for the defense so he should be cut some slack BUT

• Your junior high coach tells you, "Don't taunt the other guys and get a penalty."
  • Your high school coach tells you, "Don't taunt the other guys and get a penalty."
  • Your college coach tells you, "Don't taunt the other guys and get a penalty."
Coaches everywhere teach this in practice. They remind players during all those games they played WITHOUT pay. Then they sign contracts, get paid, and develop total amnesia so that at the precise moment they can make an idiotic mistake that might cost the team the win?

Stupid is as stupid does but come on. Players do not need to be smarter. They should simply remember what they were taught umpteen times in life.