Who Will Be the First $60M Per Year Quarterback?

Bagman

Reaction score
If you want a TRUE VALUE gauge, there is one way to do it.
The NFL should allow a QB salary cap exemption for every team. Simply not counting the QB salary against the year's cap. .In almost every case, that QB will be the highest paid guy on his team. Knowing the sky is the limit for QB pay, teams will look for the best TALENT, not cost. A much better gauge of value will be available this way.

Last edited:

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Anything under 100 million a year will be an insult to Dak (the goat) Prescott!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Get er done Jerry, best GM in the league! first 10 year billion dollar contract!

ALL INNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!! LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

KURT WARNER VIDEO!!!!!!!!!!!! Three 12 win seasons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No Trolls in Hawaii!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 135 years of coaching experience!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Gonna probably put some of the trolls on ignore for a couple of days, getting admitted to the hospital and don't need the aggravation. Lol!
See you in a couple of days, God willing. Be good a day don't talk about me. Go Cowboys!

glimmerman

Reaction score
These owners and GMs need to stand there ground and just say the QB salary is going to be capped until the salary cap hits a certain number and set a % of that cap for franchise starting QBs. As a matter a fact they should get with the NFLPA and set % limits for each position. These numbers go up accordingly with the salary cap. These % can be adjusted every 3 or 5 years.

Boom I just solved the problem. They should give me 1 million from each team for the next 3 years. 1 year up front now as a signing bonus.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Gonna probably put some of the trolls on ignore for a couple of days, getting admitted to the hospital and don't need the aggravation. Lol!
See you in a couple of days, God willing. Be good a day don't talk about me. Go Cowboys!
Dak deserves it! 10 year Billion dollar contract!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
In no world will it/should it be Dak. If Jerry wanted him he would have got his $55 knowing that if he waited he'd have to pay $60+. Then again, this is Jerry et al

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
These owners and GMs need to stand there ground and just say the QB salary is going to be capped until the salary cap hits a certain number and set a % of that cap for franchise starting QBs. As a matter a fact they should get with the NFLPA and set % limits for each position. These numbers go up accordingly with the salary cap. These % can be adjusted every 3 or 5 years.

Boom I just solved the problem. They should give me 1 million from each team for the next 3 years. 1 year up front now as a signing bonus.
Isn't that collusion? (LOL)
Something we need to keep in mind.......players are making a killing only coz owners are making one. Honestly, it just shows the popularity of the sport, coz at the end of the day, we the fans are paying the owners who have to share with the players.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Look how they structured Daniel Jones Contract. With an out after 2 years.
This is exactly how I would do my rookie QB first big contract before his 4th year. This way he gets some real money and I get to 2 years to see if he's the real deal.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Ultimately, the decision concerning what to offer Dak is mostly in the hands of the Cowboys' front office.

Of course, the competition between Rush and Trey Lance in TC could also affect a part of that decision.

Last edited:

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If you want a TRUE VALUE gauge, there is one way to do it.
The NFL should allow a QB salary cap exemption for every team. Simply not counting the QB salary against the year's cap. .In almost every case, that QB will be the highest paid guy on his team. Knowing the sky is the limit for QB pay, teams will look for the best TALENT, not cost. A much better gauge of value will be available this way.
Defeats the entire purpose of the salary cap.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
If the NFL teams have decided that his value is 60m then his value is 60m. Value is not what people wish something were but instead what it actually is.

This question is silly though in that even talking about Stroud as a 60m QB implies no one will hit that number in the next 2 years which is unlikely. Either Love or Purdy will get that number if Dak does not get it first which means thinking of Stroud in that context is meaningless.
It is all crap being spewed for clicks.
I dont care who it is, but it will be someone.

plymkr

Reaction score
  • Dak
  • Purdy
  • Love
  • Stroud
Honestly, the fact Dak is in the conversation shows his value is way more than some fans want to believe.

If I was a betting man I’d bet on Dak. Not sure if he’ll get it with the Cowboys but if he hits the open market then he’ll get 60 first. I think if Dak hits the open market and signed for 60 then Purdy will sign for 62. I bet Purdy waits till Dak signs to start negotiations.

I don’t think either one is worth 60 a year but that’s more of a market discussion.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
If I was a betting man I’d bet on Dak. Not sure if he’ll get it with the Cowboys but if he hits the open market then he’ll get 60 first. I think if Dak hits the open market and signed for 60 then Purdy will sign for 62. I bet Purdy waits till Dak signs to start negotiations.

I don’t think either one is worth 60 a year but that’s more of a market discussion.
I agree he will get it on the open market, especially with early projections of a weak QB draft class........but I think $60M is going way too high for Jerry regardless of what happens this season.

John813

Reaction score
IMO Stroud.

I know agents know the cap is blowing up. However, I just can't see a 5 mil AAV increase when Lawrence just re-signed for 55mil, which matched Burrows.
I could see a 57-58mil contract for the next true top 5-10 QB.

Stroud is 2 years away from asking for a new deal, and if last year wasn't a fluke, he'll for sure will be asking for 60mil+.

IMO Purdy will probably "buy in" and take still a big deal but not a resetting deal.

stinkface

Reaction score
There needs to be a salary cap exemption for the QB position for one player (the starter). Cap on the rest of the team. Surprised someone hasn't proposed it already.