Who will be the most important person to our success this upcoming season?

Swagger

Reaction score
I can't limit it to one player.

The defense needs to play at Top 5 level in every single big game in order for us to have a good chance of winning given our limitations at QB.

kskboys

Reaction score
I can't limit it to one player.

The defense needs to play at Top 5 level in every single big game in order for us to have a good chance of winning given our limitations at QB.
Or whomever we bring in at DT.

Need that up the middle stuff to beat the big dawgs in the playoffs. Up the gut pass rush is by far the hardest for any Qb to deal w/.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
I say Kellen Moore. If he can revive this offense and be creative enough to give us an advantage (instead of ordering vanilla for much of a game), I think Dak can give us enough to get us into at least the NFC Championship Game - injuries notwithstanding.

Who say ye!
My face when I realize Kellen Moore is the key to this teams sucess.
iu

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Not sure about that. Cowboys went 10-6 and won the East without him last year. Not to mention the playoff loss that ended the season in which the defense couldn't stop the run to save their souls.
Just imagine how better they would have been with Fredrick.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I say Kellen Moore. If he can revive this offense and be creative enough to give us an advantage (instead of ordering vanilla for much of a game), I think Dak can give us enough to get us into at least the NFC Championship Game - injuries notwithstanding.

Who say ye!
I say Jon Kitna.

Kitna has to fit with both DAK and Moore for anything to work.

I just think no matter what, DAK is not going to ever be a classic passing QB.

To remain effective..he has to combine running with options and throwing 15 yd. passes to avoid sacks and interceptions.

This is what he did in 2016 and was so effective.

Witten was a big part of the passing game as was Beasley and kept the pressure off DAK.

I think we have to draft a new TE if we get the chance or trade for one soon.

I am hopeful this gets fixed before September.

In 2018 they tried to throw more to Zeke which worked but alot more is needed.

Does Kitna have influence on Moore and how?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Not sure about that. Cowboys went 10-6 and won the East without him last year. Not to mention the playoff loss that ended the season in which the defense couldn't stop the run to save their souls.

Frederick is the key to them taking the next step.

Whyjerry

Reaction score

Who say ye!

I think you nailed it. Defense is going to be really good. Offense has a ton of talent but has been hurt by terrible coaching for years. Moore needs to be good.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Of course it’s Dak. Jason Garrett could suddenly become Bill Walsh and Moore his George Seiffert... but if Dak poops the bed none of it matters.

On the flip side, if Dak ascends he could carry a subpar job done by those coaches.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Jones has made it abundantly clear that he wants Moore to run the offense.

You know why he said it - to make sure no blame whatsoever can fall on Garrett's shoulders when the team crashes and burns again.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I agree

X550i

Reaction score
It should be every executive, coach, and player saying this to themselves in the mirror.

panchucko

It's Back
Reaction score
We are about to find out how bad Linehan was. Moore is calling the plays. You can’t expect a whole new playbook. Just different wrinkles. But the situational playcalling will change and he has to hit. The first time we are 4th and 1 and get stuffed we will hate him. When we get it he is brilliant. Lol. This is could give JG a pass and a scapegoat if this goes bad.
So your saying it could be the same plays but with men in motion to disguise it
Let Coop line up in the slot or wide anything but the same place every play