Let Zack Martin go to left tackle and let McGovern play RG

Martin
Tyler
Farinok
McGovern
Steele

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
Y’all keep forgetting that we have AI spelled backward on the team… Issac Alarcon… No worries…

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I think the Cowboys might wait to see what they have with Ball and probably Watetzko in TC.
If they're not satisfactory, a signing after the final cuts might possibly be their solution. :huh:

75boyz

Reaction score
Let Zack Martin go to left tackle and let McGovern play RG

Martin
Tyler
Farinok
McGovern
Steele

While I agree with you, this same thing came up last year when oline shuffling was taking place. For whatever the reason, Martin does not want any RG position change as long as he is healthy. So I guess disregard any move involving his normal spot.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Started a thread a couple of days ago on the idea of moving T. Smith to LG and having 1st round rookie Tyler Smith start day 1.

https://cowboyszone.com/threads/what-do-you-think-of-moving-tyron-smith-to-left-guard.496906/

I was severely roasted by so many here that I had to take time away from this forum to let my feelings heal. It was brutal.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...back-tightness-newly-signed-wr-in-ankle-boot/

But just saw the news above that Smith is in a walking boot and experiencing tightness in his back at OTAs. Most likely this is just precautionary.

But what's the plan for oline if Smith misses games during the regular season?

Move Steele from RT to LT and Ball at RT?

That sounds more risky to me than having Tyler at LT and #77 at LG day 1.

What's the plan when Smith misses games?

What do you mean "IF"?? You know he WILL miss at least 3 games this season. And play a couple other gamers not at full strength. His body will wear down quickly and nagging injuries will occur.. The FO would be idiots not to be preparing for life after TSmith.