Who will rep the AFC in the superbowl?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
KC their defense is legit. I don't see the Ravens or Dolphins being able to win that game.
KC has issues at WR. They’ve become very dependent on Travis Kelce. They lost their opener when he was out and they lost last night with him having a bad game.

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
Is anyone else getting tired of the narrative on Sports' shows that the AFC is so much stronger than the NFC? I feel like the top four teams in the NFC (Philly, SF, Detroit, and us) are stronger than the top 4 in the AFC.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Is anyone else getting tired of the narrative on Sports' shows that the AFC is so much stronger than the NFC? I feel like the top four teams in the NFC (Philly, SF, Detroit, and us) are stronger than the top 4 in the AFC.
I suspect they say it because the AFC wins more games head to head vs. the NFC.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I agree. And it doesn't look good with the Chiefs being the best and looking that bad. I think Ravens are the best team as of right now.

Motorola

Reaction score
Who will be the AFC representative in the SuperBowl this year?

Having not watched the game last night (not much interest for me) ..and catching up on it today....I had NO idea KC was THAT devoid of receiving talent. Even Kelce is finally starting to slow a bit (he's still a great savvy vet, but he doesn't have the physical skill he used to). Last night wasn't a fluke...they've sucked all year.

3rd straight game with ZERO second half points?

That's a BIG problem if ur a K.C. fan.

So who makes it this year? Sticking with KC?

Or Ravens? Maybe the Bills or Fins get hot in December. Could Texans be an extreme dark horse? Don't think anyone is dying to play them right now.

I guess I'd still bet on K. C. if I had to...just due to experience....but it's kinda wide open.
Ravens have a strong shot.
Ravens I think currently. I would have said Cincy but with the QB getting hurt, no chance. Same for Cleveland, even if they were a long shot with their QB healthy. KC has a shot because their D is legit. But man their WR core just doesn't come thru in the clutch. The Ravens D is scarey good. Thier QB is a true threat with both his legs and now his arm. Miami is like Dallas,, beat a team with a winning record and we can talk. The Bills are good if they can get their act together and stop turning the ball over. But today, the Ravens are the best team in the AFC.
Ravens and I have Houston as my dark horse... Stroud seems to be the real deal
1) Ravens - defense, plus TE Andrews and now OBJ onboard will help QB Jackson to run significantly less -- achieve more as a passer
2) Dolphins - Hill, Waddle, and RBs
3) Chiefs - Reid, Mahomes...5 straight AFC Championship Game appearances (deep playoff experience runs --been there, done that)
4) Jaguars - a notch or two below the top 3 - playoff run last year boost team's confidence = a round deeper in the postseason?
5a) Steelers- Houdini Thomlin with smoke & mirrors
5b) Bills - circle the wagons one last time before they blow it up
6) Texans - 1st year HC, rookie QB, decent D...stay tuned

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I haven’t been watching any of these sports shows, but I don’t see anyone in the AFC better than Philly and San Francisco. Currently, Baltimore is currently the best team in the AFC but Lamar Jackson has yet to prove he can get it done in the playoffs.

slick325

Reaction score
Not at all. And I called it. Everyone got so fascinated by the quarterbacks.......but didn't look at the teams. Cowboys, 49ers and Eagles are better than any teams in the AFC.....and I felt that before this year. Now you have to add Lions to that I think too. I also think Ravens are better than I thought so not to discredit them I do think they belong in that mix I Just didn't see that before the season so I was wrong there. Bengals dropping back down to earth is long overdue they've committed too many NFL sins lol.
Agreed on Baltimore. If Lamar Jackson stays healthy, they have enough on both sides of the ball to beat Kansas City.

The Chiefs will probably end up as the 1 seed just because of their incredibly weak schedule. But, they are vulnerable and very beatable by the Ravens.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
1) Ravens - defense, plus TE Andrews and now OBJ onboard will help QB Jackson to run significantly less -- achieve more as a passer
2) Dolphins - Hill, Waddle, and RBs
3) Chiefs - Reid, Mahomes...5 straight AFC Championship Game appearances (deep playoff experience runs --been there, done that)
4) Jaguars - a notch or two below the top 3 - playoff run last year boost team's confidence = a round deeper in the postseason?
5a) Steelers- Houdini Thomlin with smoke & mirrors
5b) Bills - circle the wagons one last time before they blow it up
6) Texans - 1st year HC, rookie QB, decent D...stay tuned
I agree but i'm not sure if Andrews is coming back. But I think they can get creative with their receivers and Odell is getting healthier.

starfan1

Reaction score
Whoever gets hottest and remains the healthiest

Raven or Chiefs I suspect

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The way he was moving the previous Thursday night- the vast majority of fans would have not believe he suffered all of those major leg injuries.
Yea he looked great. I had flashbacks of him, Diggs and Micah going to the Mavs game and my thoughts were he was cooked...not what it looks like.

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score
Buffalo will work their way back in and hit for the Super Bowl loss cycle by losing to all NFC East teams.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Ravens or kc. Would be funny if the Texans did make it. Would be a huge suprise that never really happens.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Buffalo will work their way back in and hit for the Super Bowl loss cycle by losing to all NFC East teams.
meaning.gif