Who will rep the AFC in the superbowl?

ghst187

Reaction score
The AFC is looking weak.
Yeah shockingly. Chargers and Bengals won’t even make the playoffs, Bills may or may not…
Ravens are good but not sure I’d pick them to beat KC esp in KC. I think Miami is good but I don’t think they are ready for prime time.
Jacksonville is good enough to make it but can’t see them in the AFCCG.
Houston may make it.
Idk, just as long as neither SF or Philly win the sb…..good gosh please no.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
meaning.gif
This a typical game your Egirls could be down . Not only could there be a huge emotional let down after knocking off the Champs in their backyard in biggest matchup of the season but it’s also following MNF which there is typically a let down with short week,

This is pretty much a must win for Bills if they are serious about playoffs. Falling to 6-6 will have them on the outside looking in.

I understand just a couple years ago they came back from 7-6 to make it to that big playoff loss to Chiefs but that’s a tall order to repeat.

Not to mention they could be looking ahead to SF. This is one of those games they don’t expect to lose but a very losable game for them.

Afterall even if they do lose a couple games in this stretch 14-3 will win division and prob home field.

rambo2

Reaction score
Yeah shockingly. Chargers and Bengals won’t even make the playoffs, Bills may or may not…
Ravens are good but not sure I’d pick them to beat KC esp in KC. I think Miami is good but I don’t think they are ready for prime time.
Jacksonville is good enough to make it but can’t see them in the AFCCG.
Houston may make it.
Idk, just as long as neither SF or Philly win the sb…..good gosh please no.
The Ravens are weak without the tight end.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
This a typical game your Egirls could be down . Not only could there be a huge emotional let down after knocking off the Champs in their backyard in biggest matchup of the season but it’s also following MNF which there is typically a let down with short week,

This is pretty much a must win for Bills if they are serious about playoffs. Falling to 6-6 will have them on the outside looking in.

I understand just a couple years ago they came back from 7-6 to make it to that big playoff loss to Chiefs but that’s a tall order to repeat.

Not to mention they could be looking ahead to SF. This is one of those games they don’t expect to lose but a very losable game for them.

Afterall even if they do lose a couple games in this stretch 14-3 will win division and prob home field.
It is the other Kelly Green game though. They played their best game in the last one

Maybe we lose, but we’ll look damn good doing it

Motorola

Reaction score
Heard that the injury was not as bad as originally feared and there's a chance he could come back during the playoffs.
Yeah I mean I guess that's good news but I have hard time seeing he'll be healthy by then. I like their backup Likely though.
After what Terrell Owen's did in Super Bowl XXXIX - coming back from his injuries that late in the season (against the Cowboys - the infamous Roy Williams Horse Collar Tackle) - you cannot count out some of these players reaching deep down and summoning up so deep resolve to overcome some serious odds to play so soon - and well.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It is the other Kelly Green game though. They played their best game in the last one

Maybe we lose, but we’ll look damn good doing it
Hurts has an incredible stretch with 13 straight wins against winning record teams in regular season. That has to end sometime.

Bills are very unpredictable. But good enough to pull off an upset under these circumstances.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Ravens, KC, Dolphins I think are the favorites to make it. But the Jags, and Houston could make a case.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It’s actually pretty wide open in AFC this year after KC.

The top 2 recent rival contenders are on the ropes with Burrows out and Bills on verge of reeling. If they could upset Egirls I’d notch them up.

Miami is like Cowboys rolling against bottom dwellers . Ravens just when you think they’re ready drop like a turd in a punch bowl. Jags maybe ready to take next step but don’t see it.

Browns had a shot until their QB went down. Texans not quite ready for prime time . Steelers, not yet,

Chiefs and Mahomes will continue being the fav until you knock them out.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
What AFC team do you realistically see winning the SB?
Realistically, there’s several teams that have a shot. There’s still 7 games left to be played and a lot can happen. Injuries can change a lot of things. Teams can get hot late in the season and some teams begin to fade. Currently the Ravens are playing the best in the AFC but you can’t count out KC. If they didn’t have all those drops, including one that would’ve been a TD giving them the lead again they would’ve beat Philly. Kelce’s fumble deep in Philly territory also helped cost them the game. They had a 10 point lead and blew it. You’re jumping to conclusions way too soon if you don’t think things can change in the next two months.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
After what Terrell Owen's did in Super Bowl XXXIX - coming back from his injuries that late in the season (against the Cowboys - the infamous Roy Williams Horse Collar Tackle) - you cannot count out some of these players reaching deep down and summoning up so deep resolve to overcome some serious odds to play so soon - and well.
Oh I don't disagree coming back just not being himself. Even TO wasn't TO when he came back.

Mark

Reaction score
You’re jumping to conclusions way too soon if you don’t think things can change in the next two months.
I don't currently envision a situation whereby any currently-struggling AFC club is going to leapfrog all of the four NFC teams I regard as the best in the League overall.

Amarillofan82

Reaction score
Chiefs, Ravens, Dolphins, and Bills will be one of the teams to be in the SB.

In the NFC though, it is the Eagles, 49ers, Lions, and Cowboys who will be one the teams to make the SB.

Pretty even overall as far as top teams and pretenders. Yes the Jags, Texans, have a better chance than the Seahawks, Vikings, and Saints, but we pretty much know (depending on injuries) who the probable top teams with a chance will be at this point.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I don't currently envision a situation whereby any currently-struggling AFC club is going to leapfrog all of the four NFC teams I regard as the best in the League overall.
Sounds like you haven’t been following the NFL very long. Like I said we still have 7 games left and a lot can happen. Baltimore isn’t struggling, they’ve won five of their last six games. Just because KC lost last night doesn’t mean they’re struggling. They had the Eagles down by 10 points and blew it. Hurts has a bad knee and if something goes wrong with him, Philly would be in a lot of trouble unless his backup can recapture what Nick Foles did a few years ago in the playoffs. No one saw him out dueling Tom Brady in the Super Bowl. How a team is playing in November doesn’t mean they’ll be playing the same way in December and January. Anything is possible in the Super Bowl. No one saw the Giants beating the Pats in the 2007 Super Bowl. There’s no world beaters in either conference this season. San Francisco just snapped a 3 game losing streak.

cowboys1732

Reaction score
Just my opinion, but I think people are dismissing the Chiefs way too easy and giving too much credit to the Eagles. Credit to the Eagles for a finding a way to win but KC gave the game to them. The Chiefs defense had Hurts running for cover most of the night. Mahomes is still the best QB in the league and it’s not even close. They don’t have a legitimate #1 wide receiver for Mahomes this year and it’s hurting them. KC’s remaining schedule looks pretty soft. Hurts and Purdy are system Qb’s that win. Mahomes could go to any team and win with decent talent.

Having said all that screw the Chiefs, 49ers and especially the Iggles…Go Cowboys.