Who would you play at FS against Philly?

DallasDomination

Reaction score
PLay WAtkins!. Kieth Davis is a big hitter but He also misses alot of tackles and He takes bad angles in coverrage. HE's a mini ROy but worse.

cowboyed

Reaction score
LeonDixson;1244898 said:
I just go with Watkins unless he is stinking the joint up. He made a really good touchdown saving (for one play at least) tackle and had an interception in his last game. Let's see if he's getting it together or not.

I'm so anxious to see someone develop enough to permanently cast Davis as a ST'er and backup strong safety. It's a travesty we are still relying on him at the FS postition. We keep trying to replace him, but he keeps dodging bullets.....er, bad analogy there.

The game that helped get Watkins benched was against the Eagles. He has plenty to prepare for in terms of revenging.

morasp

Reaction score
Teague31;1244888 said:
depends. probably KD on short yardage and obvious running downs. Watkins on pass/run plays and nate jones in long yardage/obvious pass plays.

Beat me to it. With the addtion of Roy playing Bill Bates old position in nickel with the option of blitzing in the right situation.

Tuna Helper

Benched
Reaction score
Do we need to play a free safety?

McNabb was a running threat when we played the Eagles the first time. He was on pace to run more than he had in many years.

With that being said, Garcia is not near the running threat that McNabb was. I would employ a strategy where we substitute Aaron Glenn for the Free Safety. I've seen us use this package before on pass happy teams, with success.

I know it seems like strange logic, but if it works, then we should stay with it.

Bryan8284

Reaction score
Nothing can get worse than Davis.

But I vote Watkins.

Nate Jones finally saw time back there though, but still Watkins.