Who would you replace with the #27 pick

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
btgboys41;3239206 said:
If that is the pick. We are so mad at different players but I would like to hear who you feel confident can be replaced and should be replaced with our best draft pick?

The KICKER! :laugh2:

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Cochese;3239513 said:
Id take my anger out on toasty Terrence. Sensy had a bad play in this game, but a good season overall, while Newman has been gunshy roadkill.
but Sensy makes no plays just like all our dbs except Jenkins. Bethea is a playmaker.

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
My thoughts are no different than everyone else's.

I think our top priorities are offensive line (interior and at right tackle if Free is indeed a long-term LT), inside linebacker (must get quicker) and kicker. Of course, we hopefully won't spend a high pick on the latter.

I think our next needs -- positions that could use upgrading, but are serviceable as is -- are a ball-hawking safety and a speedy, quick-twitching wide receiver.

Lastly, I think we need another cornerback and another pass rushing prospect in the stable.

As for guys currently on the roster who I have hope can fill some of those needs, I hope Jason Williams can emerge as a legitimate passing-downs inside linebacker and that Butler can be that legit backup for Spencer or Ware. I'm also optimistic Ogletree is the smaller, quicker receiver we need, and that Brewster might be able to be a prospect for us up front.

Sixert

Cowboys for Life
Reaction score
Sensabaugh played well this year and was one of our best tacklers.

Newman and Hamlin are stealn money. Terrible technique by Newman. Most of the big pass plays given up this were when he allowed the receiver a free run at the safeties.

Trade up from 27 shopping Pick, Roy or Bennett for Eric Berry only.. No Berry, OT.

Take a flier on Pierre Henderson Niles as a DL., Basketball player for University of Memphis, in 7th round or free agent. 6-7 285, great basketball feet

Eskimo

Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;3239476 said:
We will be trading up (or try to) for a long term anchor on the OL. either LT or LG.

You don't need to trade up from the bottom of the first to draft an OG, in general.

LTs that can play next year are usually drafted in the top 10 unless there are four of them in one draft. We don't have enough ammunition to get up there without giving up a premier player. This isn't worth it unless you are trading up for a franchise QB prospect.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Eskimo;3239784 said:
You don't need to trade up from the bottom of the first to draft an OG, in general.

LTs that can play next year are usually drafted in the top 10 unless there are four of them in one draft. We don't have enough ammunition to get up there without giving up a premier player. This isn't worth it unless you are trading up for a franchise QB prospect.

O-line (guard) because I am unimpressed by Kosier.
Tackle.. I would rather replace Columbo...Free is the future LT.
WR-RW11 flat out stinks and this team needs a game breaker.
CB-Newman is part of the losing culture

utrunner07

Reaction score
Haha, I just read the first page of this and the responses are HILLARIOUS!!!!

Flozell was a name I saw several times....:laugh2: ....yeah draft a college kid to come in and replace a pretty dang good LT...see how that goes...

Roy Williams...again...:laugh2: ....yeah lets waste even MORE draft picks on Roy W.

Sweet Homer some of you are just out to lunch.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
It should be packaged with other picks to move up and make a play for Eric Berry :starspin:

...a man can dream can't he?

But I do think this is a draft about quality over quantity. Let's not forget our entire draft class was hurt this year (including Brewster who they really like) and we have starters set pretty much across the board. Coaches like OTree and Roy, Austin, and Crayton aren't going anywhere.

So, I'd like an impact player at safety, some pass rushing depth (which we might have with Brandon Williams), a kicker, and a KR. I don't think that's too much to want.

utrunner07

Reaction score
Rampage;3239490 said:
they're both bums. Sensa-do-nothing was the one who guaranteed a win and proceeded to get schooled by lord Favre on the vikes 1st td. Hamlin doesn't do anything either. Bethea is a better safety than Hamlin and Sensa-do-nothing combined.

Are you serious? Bashing Sensabaugh? Really? It took a perfect pass + perfect pass protection + Newman forgetting to jam for that one bad play to occur. ON top of that Sensabaugh was ALL OVER HIM, you will not get better coverage. Sensabaug is a stud. Calling him out is absolutely ridiculous...I would imagine you were one of the many calling out Jenkins last year though...Its amazing the number of people here who just never get it.

UnoDallas

Benched
Reaction score
Oh_Canada;3239875 said:
O-line (guard) because I am unimpressed by Kosier.
Tackle.. I would rather replace Columbo...Free is the future LT.
WR-RW11 flat out stinks and this team needs a game breaker.
CB-Newman is part of the losing culture

1 OG Mike Iupati, Idaho
2a DT Lamar Houston, Texas
2b CB Kyle Wilson, Boise State
3 FS Robert Johnson, Utah
4 OT Kyle Calloway, Iowa
6 PR KR Dexter McCluster, Ole Miss
7 C/OG Erik Cook, New Mexico

RESIN8

Reaction score
Aikbach;3239465 said:
Dallas can't sign free agents, remember? Plus this guy will be fresh off a ring so why leave the team he won it with?

Dallas can sign free agents. The rule will restrict the final eight teams in the playoffs from signing free agents. The final four teams shall not be permitted to negotiate and sign any unrestricted free agent to a player contract except for players who acquired their status by being cut or were on the final four team when their contract expired. Playoff teams five thru eight get a break to sign one player with a salary of $4,925,000 or more and any number of players with a first-year salary of no more than $3,275,000 and an annual increase of no more than 30 percent in the following years.

There is a mechanism to permit the final eight teams to sign an unrestricted free agent for each one of their own unrestricted free agents who sign with another club as long as they don't spend more than what their own lost player received from his new club.

Gaede

Reaction score
I agree with the best OL available. Free can play one of the tackle spots, Columbo may be good to go next year, if not, draft a guy replace Columbo and put Free on the left. Call me crazy, but Free did pretty decent against Allen all game long...Susceptible to the bull rush, but that was it.

Davis is good at G...Kozier's up and down and who really knows on Gurode? I'd target interior lineman...WR (some speed perhaps?)...MLB...Safety (no faith in Sensabaugh after that first Vikings td)

UnoDallas

Benched
Reaction score
(no faith in Sensabaugh after that first Vikings td)

and what else could Sensabaugh do he was right there
I bet Rice did not even now how that ball fell into his hands

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
My pick right now would be Mike Iupati - best OG in the draft and could very well go in the teens.

If he's there at #27, snag him and you have a legitimate Pro Bowl candidate from day one.