Who would you replace with the #27 pick

Gaede

Reaction score
UnoDallas;3241793 said:
(no faith in Sensabaugh after that first Vikings td)

and what else could Sensabaugh do he was right there
I bet Rice did not even now how that ball fell into his hands

Maybe tackle him?!?!?!

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I love Ramps idea on AB but there is simply zero shot that we even get a chance to look at signing him.

We need a quality O-Lineman or a playmaking FS at that first pick.

Bigdog

Reaction score
Just FYI, unless the jets make the Super Bowl we are picking 28 not 27. The draft order, I beleive goes by regular season record and the last two spots are the Super Bowl contenders.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Bigdog;3242214 said:
Just FYI, unless the jets make the Super Bowl we are picking 28 not 27. The draft order, I beleive goes by regular season record and the last two spots are the Super Bowl contenders.

Incorrect - here is the official rule behind it:

Teams that made the playoffs are then ordered by how they performed in the playoffs. The conference championship losers receive the third and fourth to last selections. Next are the four teams who lost in the divisional round, followed by the four teams who lost in the wild card round. Each team is ordered within this primary order by their regular-season record.

Here is the updated draft order also:

http://blogs.nfl.com/2010/01/17/updated-order-for-2010-nfl-draft/

Bigdog

Reaction score
Avery;3242392 said:
Incorrect - here is the official rule behind it:

Teams that made the playoffs are then ordered by how they performed in the playoffs. The conference championship losers receive the third and fourth to last selections. Next are the four teams who lost in the divisional round, followed by the four teams who lost in the wild card round. Each team is ordered within this primary order by their regular-season record.

Here is the updated draft order also:

http://blogs.nfl.com/2010/01/17/updated-order-for-2010-nfl-draft/
I stand corrected then. Thank you for clearing that up for me.

Gzus

Romosexual
Reaction score
I would be looking to replace WR #2 (Roy Williams), one of the two safeties (either one, doesn't matter). Other than that I don't see me replacing a starter with that pick. If anything I'd pick up a young talent to develop into a superstar, either an OLineman (a la Doug Free) or a MLB to develop behind Brooking. Personally my preference is a WR, I was wanting to draft DeSean Jackson when he came out b/c he was a duel threat but we ended up not getting a WR so I would say a WR to replace Roy is IMO a must. 1st round choices would be Dez Bryant, Golden Tate, or Arrelious Benn (maybe even Jordan Shipley). I would love to have Jordan Shipley to package with Miles Austin, Jason Witten, and Tony Romo. Shipley could turn out to be as dominant in the slot as Welker has been and I think we could really use that, even though Crayton is a decent slot WR. My choice is a WR to put opposite Miles Austin. I would actually really love to see them develop Kevin Ogletree like they did Austin. Ogletree's got the speed just needs more muscle on him, which I think an offseason w/ Joe Jurasek should help him a lot.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
htownboyzfan;3239270 said:
Chances are there will be top notch interior o-linemen there and, if there is, there is no way we justify not taking one of them. Otherwise, a WR with return ability, a ball-hawking safety or an ILB who can contribute immediately and start in a year or so would be my other three choices.

This or trade up for a LT to eventually replace Flo. Free is serviceable but doesn't look outstanding to me. And he certainly doesn't appear to be a viable LT candidate based on the MN game.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Woods;3239297 said:
You could end up with a stud OG/RT, however.

Maybe not a stud LT.

Personally, I'd go with OG/OT if there, otherwise I'd look at Safety or CB at 27. I wouldn't be disappointed with ILB or WR either, though I doubt we go that route at 27.

The most likely scenario is an interior lineman but I'd take a G/C and not a G/T. We have only a very marginal backup at center. Sooner or later Gurode is going to be injured.