Who's been more disappointing in the playoffs. Dak or Lamar? (SAS discussion)

Yobwocs

Reaction score
Good points by all involved but I think Lamar has been more disappointing. His team and organization and coach and defense is better. His running game is WAY better.

Also...Dak can get his team across 20 points. Against Rodgers and McVay he did that. Lamar has yet to cross the 17 point threshold in his 4 playoff losses.

But...why really is Josh Allen exempt from this conversation? Dude had 186 yards in his most recent playoff game.

Against the Bengals, he got the ball past midfield 5 times and came away with 10 points - not sure he's been playing much better than either.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
You're asking a diehard Cowboys fan who's been more disappointing? I don't care about the Ravens so Lamar could never disappoint me. It's obviously Dak.

leeblair

Reaction score
Dak has been more disappointing.
Lamar had his team in position to win the last playoff game, but the receiver fumbled the ball.
Dak never shows up at all versus tough teams.

Yobwocs

Reaction score
Dak because he plays for the Cowboys.
Yup...he takes the blame for every game we lose.

I can't believe people blasted him for the team's poor effort against Miami. He was firing at the very start...looked like he was about to eat them for lunch - just for Leukpe to fumble it away. Leupke ruined everything....we certainly beat them without that play.

Then takes the lead on a series of great passes finally on 4th down 20-19. And then they walk it off.

Then they blasted him for the Eagles too, for stepping out of bounds, and memed him for being flipped in the air by 2 Eagles defenders.... Skip then did that dumb commercial. :laugh:

We had 4 injuries against the Cardinals and they still cut him no break. Against the Bills we get run over by 2 running backs, and then a series of bad turnover/penalty calls and McCarthys inability to toss a red flag across the field. Josh Allen does nothing all game except all of his 94 yards and still Dak got all the blame.

They stay silent on Lamar until that last game.

Yobwocs

Reaction score
Dak has been more disappointing.
Lamar had his team in position to win the last playoff game, but the receiver fumbled the ball.
Dak never shows up at all versus tough teams.
Dak put his team in position to win. 4th and 10 and pressure right in his face. Cedrick Wilson can't catch a ball thrown as well as could've with 3 people in the Quarterback's face.

Wilson just needed to contort his body.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Dan Quinn more than Dak was the biggest issue in the last loss. Dak needed a better game but he dont play defense. Lamar was not good for BMore. Id still say Dak is the bigger disappointment.

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
I saw this episode, since I don't care about the Ravens at all.....its Dak.

I will say, Lamar with 2 MVPs is pretty terrible, but with Dak thinking about 60+ million for no damn reason at all, its Dak cause he disappoints me year, after year, after year, after year, after year....hasn't stopped.

stiletto

Reaction score
Lamar is more premier and more of a threat but he is on the verge of being a choker just like Dak. Not seeing them as any different thus far.

kskboys

Reaction score
Lamar is more premier and more of a threat but he is on the verge of being a choker just like Dak. Not seeing them as any different thus far.
Verge? No, sorry, he's already there. I mean, don't you listen to sports shows? They talk about it all the time.

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score
Lamar has been more disappointing. But then again, there team has been more disappointing simply because they’re better. They’ve have a tendency to get away from who they are during the playoffs and that’s on Harbaugh and staff but Jackson morphs into something different as well.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Heard the lame excuses from last year that Lamar failed because of the play calling, and him having to sit in the pocket which caused his issues. The fact is Lamar's expectations are far higher than Dak's as he was won 2 MVP awards in his short NFL career, and has next to nothing to show when it matters. As much as I want to move on from Dak, my expectations for him as a fan of this team for decades were that of a 4th rd QB, and nothing more. Considering this, Dak has given this franchise lots more than could have been expected, but in my eyes we must move on from him as he isn't the guy we need for post season success