Who's been more disappointing in the playoffs. Dak or Lamar? (SAS discussion)

leeblair

Reaction score
so Lamar gets all the excuses, but Dak doesn't. so are you blaming Dak for losing to Rodgers and GB?
How about the loss to Rams after giving up 257 yards on the ground?

Dak is 2-5, Lamar is right behind him at 2-4.

everything else is an excuse...according to you
Dak IS the reason Green Bay beat Dallas with Rodgers.
He choked in the first half and Green Bay coasted until he tied the game.
Rodgers made a great play to put Green Bay in position to win, but if Dak hadn't choked early the Cowboys would have been in control.
I don't remember the Rams game well, but if memory serves Dak shut down and the Rams got a big lead. The Cowboys got a late touchdown to make it look closer than it was.

khiladi

Reaction score
So Lamar has a better team but Dak doesn’t play in the most garbage division in football?

If our defense let us down, then what about the defense of these horrible defenses in the NFC East?

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Lamar plays in a much tougher division and actually made an AFCCG. I have more faith that he can get to a SB then Dak.

kskboys

Reaction score
Lamar plays in a much tougher division and actually made an AFCCG. I have more faith that he can get to a SB then Dak.
Running QBs don't win super bowls. While I don't like the shot of either getting there, the passing QB has a better shot.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Good points by all involved but I think Lamar has been more disappointing. His team and organization and coach and defense is better. His running game is WAY better.

Also...Dak can get his team across 20 points. Against Rodgers and McVay he did that. Lamar has yet to cross the 17 point threshold in his 4 playoff losses.

But...why really is Josh Allen exempt from this conversation? Dude had 186 yards in his most recent playoff game.

Against the Bengals, he got the ball past midfield 5 times and came away with 10 points - not sure he's been playing much better than either.

Dak sucks, there is no way around it. Stop the worship.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Dak IS the reason Green Bay beat Dallas with Rodgers.
He choked in the first half and Green Bay coasted until he tied the game.
Rodgers made a great play to put Green Bay in position to win, but if Dak hadn't choked early the Cowboys would have been in control.
I don't remember the Rams game well, but if memory serves Dak shut down and the Rams got a big lead. The Cowboys got a late touchdown to make it look closer than it was.
see, there you go again. everything is blamed on Dak while you make excuses for everybody else.

btw, you were one of the biggest Garrett Haters around, I mean post after post, you even wrote something on bleacher reports when it was amateur hour..

so now you say Dak choked against Rodgers, but most of us didn't forget how much you blamed Garrett for everything. so now its Dak's fault? not the defense giving up not one, but three big plays unable to make a single stop At the end. we scored 30 points. isn't that enough!? shouldn't that be enough? however you are complaining about style points...

and you don't remember the rams game? let me remind you 273 yards rushing. 120 yards in the first half. the defense couldn't get off the field. they had 30 first downs...cound them. 30!. they never got sacked. converted over 50% of 3rd and 4t downs. defense got owned.

and even last year against GB y ou want to put all the blame on Dak. one side of your mouth said the WR dropped a pass else blah blah blah..but yet you didn't say CD dropped a pass killed a drive...no it was all dak. lets not forget the defense opened the game. GB marched right down, with only one third down the whole drive, taking 8 minutes....

now, I am sure you and other pundits will say I am defending Dak. not true. Dak didn't play well, but to lay 100% of blame on him for the loss, well then you have an agenda to drive. that much is obvious.

leeblair

Reaction score
see, there you go again. everything is blamed on Dak while you make excuses for everybody else.

btw, you were one of the biggest Garrett Haters around, I mean post after post, you even wrote something on bleacher reports when it was amateur hour..

so now you say Dak choked against Rodgers, but most of us didn't forget how much you blamed Garrett for everything. so now its Dak's fault? not the defense giving up not one, but three big plays unable to make a single stop At the end. we scored 30 points. isn't that enough!? shouldn't that be enough? however you are complaining about style points...

and you don't remember the rams game? let me remind you 273 yards rushing. 120 yards in the first half. the defense couldn't get off the field. they had 30 first downs...cound them. 30!. they never got sacked. converted over 50% of 3rd and 4t downs. defense got owned.

and even last year against GB y ou want to put all the blame on Dak. one side of your mouth said the WR dropped a pass else blah blah blah..but yet you didn't say CD dropped a pass killed a drive...no it was all dak. lets not forget the defense opened the game. GB marched right down, with only one third down the whole drive, taking 8 minutes....

now, I am sure you and other pundits will say I am defending Dak. not true. Dak didn't play well, but to lay 100% of blame on him for the loss, well then you have an agenda to drive. that much is obvious.
Garrett was to blame, as well.
He's the reason Dak has a problem now.
He taught Dak to be the way he is- that it was okay.
If he hadn't been so desperate to believe Dak was the "phenom" that was going to finally make him look good he wouldn't have coddled Dak.
Dak was NEVER made to play behind the second and third string line. He was named Captain in his second year. He was never made to stand in and try to move the team with the backups.
The result is what you see now- a guy who thinks he is better than he is and who knows how to let others make excuses for his bad play.
Dak is Garrett 2.0; he is the way he is because Garrett taught him to be that way and he never matured past his college ways.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Garrett was to blame, as well.
He's the reason Dak has a problem now.
He taught Dak to be the way he is- that it was okay.
If he hadn't been so desperate to believe Dak was the "phenom" that was going to finally make him look good he wouldn't have coddled Dak.
Dak was NEVER made to play behind the second and third string line. He was named Captain in his second year. He was never made to stand in and try to move the team with the backups.
The result is what you see now- a guy who thinks he is better than he is and who knows how to let others make excuses for his bad play.
Dak is Garrett 2.0; he is the way he is because Garrett taught him to be that way and he never matured past his college ways.
so you think Garrett cuddled Dak? when he wanted Romo to become the starter again...you forget the culprit.

and nice spin on your previous drivel. so answer the question...should 30 points not been enough to win a game?

leeblair

Reaction score
so you think Garrett cuddled Dak? when he wanted Romo to become the starter again...you forget the culprit.

and nice spin on your previous drivel. so answer the question...should 30 points not been enough to win a game?
30 points versus a loose defense that is coasting because the game is already won is meaningless.
Dak fans like pointing out all of his stats but they are leaving out the whole story.
Green Bay was coasting because they already had the game won- and they got too comfortable. That allowed the Cowboys to catch up.
However, Aaron Rodgers and the offense had also been taking it easy, and were rested and able to easily get the winning score.
Dak's M.O. versus good teams has always been to choke and shut down while the game is in contention, then he racks up big numbers throwing against a defense that is coasting because the game has already been decided.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
30 points versus a loose defense that is coasting because the game is already won is meaningless.
Dak fans like pointing out all of his stats but they are leaving out the whole story.
Green Bay was coasting because they already had the game won- and they got too comfortable. That allowed the Cowboys to catch up.
However, Aaron Rodgers and the offense had also been taking it easy, and were rested and able to easily get the winning score.
Dak's M.O. versus good teams has always been to choke and shut down while the game is in contention, then he racks up big numbers throwing against a defense that is coasting because the game has already been decided.
I never said anything about points for the game last year. what I said and you avoided was that CD dropped two crucial passes, yet you said Love gets a pass because the WR dropped it!!! double standard?

and just because I am not vehemently crapping on Dak, doesn't make me a fan. that's all you all that its either incessently crap on Dak or you are fan....but then again, that's how a cult operates.
I didn't point to Dak's stats. I asked a simple question....against GB in 2016 we scored 30....and you said its Dak's fault we lost because earlier in the game he wasn't dominant..... so its about style points....not the outcome?
and nothing about defense giving up 3 big plays to cost us the game.

and no GB wasn't coasting. its a made up thing by Dak haters like you (if the shoe fits) to drive a narrative to try to prove something that nobody knows why. if you understood football and really looked at the details you realize they didn't take it easy as they continued to be aggressive with their passing game....

regardless....Dallas came back. scored 30+ and tied the game. Dallas had momentum (as you may not understand the game is 4 quarters and momentum of the game changes along the way, so there is a bit of education for you).

your spin doesn't add up. first you back tracked on Garrett, now you are not mentioning him and blaming Dak. did Garrett manage the game right? was he at fault at all?

if you understood football you would be able to put up better argument than this. there is a lot that I could point to about what went wrong and who is at fault, but its far above your head or level of understanding.

you failed misreably. very very unconvincing.

leeblair

Reaction score
I never said anything about points for the game last year. what I said and you avoided was that CD dropped two crucial passes, yet you said Love gets a pass because the WR dropped it!!! double standard?

and just because I am not vehemently crapping on Dak, doesn't make me a fan. that's all you all that its either incessently crap on Dak or you are fan....but then again, that's how a cult operates.
I didn't point to Dak's stats. I asked a simple question....against GB in 2016 we scored 30....and you said its Dak's fault we lost because earlier in the game he wasn't dominant..... so its about style points....not the outcome?
and nothing about defense giving up 3 big plays to cost us the game.

and no GB wasn't coasting. its a made up thing by Dak haters like you (if the shoe fits) to drive a narrative to try to prove something that nobody knows why. if you understood football and really looked at the details you realize they didn't take it easy as they continued to be aggressive with their passing game....

regardless....Dallas came back. scored 30+ and tied the game. Dallas had momentum (as you may not understand the game is 4 quarters and momentum of the game changes along the way, so there is a bit of education for you).

your spin doesn't add up. first you back tracked on Garrett, now you are not mentioning him and blaming Dak. did Garrett manage the game right? was he at fault at all?

if you understood football you would be able to put up better argument than this. there is a lot that I could point to about what went wrong and who is at fault, but its far above your head or level of understanding.

you failed misreably. very very unconvincing.
You are the failure because you either don't want to see the truth, or you wouldn't recognize it.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
I'd say Lamar... Better organization-better coach through the years-better GM...Better defense....

IceStar-D7

Reaction score

Can't blame Dak for 30 years of disasters in Dallas. Only ONE guy you can blame if you are serious. And that is BoZo Jones... I'd say Dak really lost one playoff gamed...If you want to say one guy lost it...I think this is Daks' year. You may ask why??? Second year in the McCarthy offense.... Everybody stays healthy and BoZo don't screw it up....I expect MVP numbers for Dak. Hopefully in the pla3yoffs also....

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
You are the failure because you either don't want to see the truth, or you wouldn't recognize it.
sorry, you failed again. you are blinded by your hatred. you have always been that way. at your age, you can't change. you are what you are.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Can't blame Dak for 30 years of disasters in Dallas. Only ONE guy you can blame if you are serious. And that is BoZo Jones... I'd say Dak really lost one playoff gamed...If you want to say one guy lost it...I think this is Daks' year. You may ask why??? Second year in the McCarthy offense.... Everybody stays healthy and BoZo don't screw it up....I expect MVP numbers for Dak. Hopefully in the pla3yoffs also....
people like @leeblair have to have something to complain about. something to hate. that's who they are. before Dak, he was on the board incessantly complaining about Garrett. then Garrett left and the complains and hatred turned towards Dak. I promise you a 1000000% that after Dak they will find something and somebody else to hate and be angry and complain about. its in their DNA.

now, ask them what's the solution and you will get a word salad spin.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
You know what is funny if they both were free agents I bet more teams would want Dak over Lamar.
Lamar is a harder quarterback for offensive coordinators because he doesn't fit the traditional QB mode. You really have to design a game plan for a running back who's an OK passer. Baltimore has shown that such a game plan can be effective, but hasn't really found a way to make that translate to getting to a Super Bowl.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
So Lamar has a better team but Dak doesn’t play in the most garbage division in football?

If our defense let us down, then what about the defense of these horrible defenses in the NFC East?
most garbage division? so Philly is garbage? didn't they just play in the superbowl? how about NFC south? they are what? the golden division of football? what about 2022? three playoff teams...hmmm and you forgot to look at NFC south and AFC south and NFC north....seriously stop pulling stuff from your behind and start doing some research first...