Who's better, Dak or Wentz?

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Here’s how I see them. Wentz, to this point, throws a more accurate deep ball. In every other category I'll take Dak. Also Dak was getting better at the deep ball with Coop last year and If gets close to Wentz in that, its no contest. Better intermediate and short passer, better decision maker, better ball security, stronger runner, much more durable and better leader.

mmohican29

Reaction score
Best indicator is recent play

See Dak's 1st 8 games of the season compared to his last 11 including playoffs:

QBRat Comp Att Pct Yds Y/A TD Int Att Yds Y/A Long TD Sacks YdsL Fumb FumL
89.9 18.6 29.6 63.0 207.5 7.0 1.3 0.6 5.3 30.9 5.7 12.0 0.3 3.5 19.1 0.9 0.5
95.3 23.0 33.2 67.6 251.1 7.3 1.4 0.5 4.6 10.0 1.9 7.4 0.7 2.9 20.5 0.5 0.2

This is with Linehan.

Compare that to Wentz's 11 games last season:

QBRat Comp Att Pct Yds Y/A TD Int Att Yds Y/A Long TD Sacks YdsL Fumb FumL
95.3 23.0 33.2 67.6 251.1 7.3 1.4 0.5 4.6 10.0 1.9 7.4 0.7 2.9 20.5 0.5 0.2 Dak
102.1 25.4 36.5 69.6 279.5 7.7 1.9 0.6 3.1 8.5 2.9 5.2 0.0 2.8 18.4 0.8 0.5 Wentz

Wentz is clearly the better qb. but can he stay healthy like dak and help the team in the playoffs?

False.

Recent play is not the best indicator of Wentz being the better QB.

Both QB's are entering their 4th season.

Career:
Dak has better career stats (fact)
Dak has a better h2h record (fact)
Dak has stayed healthy (undeniable)
Dak is the better dual-threat QB (not close)

Lol @ "recent play". Dak's "recent play" had his team in the NFC Divisional Round while the Wentz-led Eagles were highly likely to be eliminated from playoff contention after Dak's team beat them 2x last season.

"Recent play" for Wentz was wk 14 before he broke down again. The reigning SB Champs were 4-6 on that date thanks to his stellar play.

Big D

Reaction score
As its evident your a Dak fan first and foremost and couldn't care less about Team Cowboy what will you do when Dak ends up on some other teams bench....go Bucs-Bengals baby right?

P.S. How much is Dak's PR dept paying you man ....common the truth will set you free bud!
How you got all that from my post is mind blowing. :laugh: You're a goofball and your troll game is suspect.

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
False.

Recent play is not the best indicator of Wentz being the better QB.

Both QB's are entering their 4th season.

Career:
Dak has better career stats (fact)
Dak has a better h2h record (fact)
Dak has stayed healthy (undeniable)
Dak is the better dual-threat QB (not close)

Lol @ "recent play". Dak's "recent play" had his team in the NFC Divisional Round while the Wentz-led Eagles were highly likely to be eliminated from playoff contention after Dak's team beat them 2x last season.

"Recent play" for Wentz was wk 14 before he broke down again. The reigning SB Champs were 4-6 on that date thanks to his stellar play.

The only issue here is that Dak's best year was his first, while Wentz's first year was his worst. Can't discount that. Wentz has shown more improvement than Dak since their rookie years. Does that mean Wentz is better? No. I'll still take Dak based on his ability to stay on the field and his ability to generate TD's with his legs.

One other thing. Can't blame Wentz for 4-6. I live up here and saw an Eagle team with an absolutely decimated secondary and a LB corps on the verge of collapse. They were pulling guys off the street I never heard of to play defense. How Schwartz got that defense to play well the last four games of the regular season and in the playoffs was a near miracle.

C42

Reaction score
There’s only one fanbase of the 32 teams in the league where the majority of their fans choose Dak. Just wanna point that out.

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
There’s only one fanbase of the 32 teams in the league where the majority of their fans choose Dak. Just wanna point that out.
And there's only one fanbase of the 32 teams that's so infatuated with an opposing team that they'd live on their forum. Just wanna point that out.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Thanks for pulling out the interesting imaginary stat. Put it together with Wentz’ imaginary MVP trophy and pretty soon you’ll be able to justify that $107M guaranteed 6 year deal you just gave to a player who’s been injured each of the last four seasons.

C42

Reaction score
And there's only one fanbase of the 32 teams that's so infatuated with an opposing team that they'd live on their forum. Just wanna point that out.
Considering there is a member on this board who poses as a fan of another team on Reddit for the some purpose of defending Dak against critics, I think I’m good. At least I’m showing my true team and not posing as another fan. :Do_O

C42

Reaction score
Cool, i'll take the guy who plays his best when pressure is highest, in the 4th quarter, unlike Wentz.
I’m just pointing it out because it’s a safe assumption that if the jerseys were flipped I’m sure you guys would love the other guy. That’s just the way it works sometimes.

C42

Reaction score
Thanks for pulling out the interesting imaginary stat. Put it together with Wentz’ imaginary MVP trophy and pretty soon you’ll be able to justify that $107M guaranteed 6 year deal you just gave to a player who’s been injured each of the last four seasons.
Not an imaginary stat at all. I’ll go to any fanbase forum or facebook page or whatever you send me to and take a poll right now. How much would you wager on it?

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
I’m just pointing it out because it’s a safe assumption that if the jerseys were flipped I’m sure you guys would love the other guy. That’s just the way it works sometimes.

I like the guy who shows up in the 4th.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not an imaginary stat at all. I’ll go to any fanbase forum or facebook page or whatever you send me to and take a poll right now. How much would you wager on it?

Go for it. Check the fanbases and then come back with proof. Then you can at least support the claim we both know you otherwise just pulled out of your ***.

I don’t need to wager on it. It wasn’t a real point to begin with. You’ve already admitted to making it up.

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Considering there is a member on this board who poses as a fan of another team on Reddit for the some purpose of defending Dak against critics, I think I’m good. At least I’m showing my true team and not posing as another fan. :Do_O
Considering there’s about a dozen of you cretins struttin’ your ***** on our forum (not just one guy), you’re not “good”....just weird. Go back to your shanties.