Who's getting cut from the D-line?

BlindFaith

Reaction score
Alarcon & Bohanna i think are for sure gone. If Bohanna loves it so much in Dallas maybe he agrees to go the PS but i think he gets picked up. I think Gallimore gets a chance like they gave Hill but if he doesn't show up he will get cut early in season and a replacement will be looked for by the trade deadline. I think Golston is safe one more year. He started to show up late in the season and he offers that oh so important position flex :rolleyes:. Also he was one of Dan Quinns guys in the 2021 draft so doubt he is ready to rid of him.
We have one of the worst DT rotations in football. Yet you want to cut Bohanna and then think he'll be picked up by someone else?

Wow. Just wow.

kevinhickey

Reaction score
We currently have 12 D-lineman listed on the team. Don't think they keep more than 10 max. Who's getting cut? *Mods I'd love to see this as a poll question.

DE's:
Armstrong, Fehoko, Fowler, Golston, D-Law, Williams

DT's:
Alarcon, Bohanna, Gallimore, Hankins, Odighizuwa, Mazi

I'd have to think that Golston and Alarcon are the odds on favorites to be released.
Alarcon, Bohanna are on the bubble.

RandyOh

Reaction score
We have one of the worst DT rotations in football. Yet you want to cut Bohanna and then think he'll be picked up by someone else?

Wow. Just wow.
Trysten Hill who was cut from that terrible DT rotation was not only picked up after we cut him mid season, Was once again signed a few days into free agency. Same for Carlos Watkins. Same For John Ridgeway getting picked up immeditaly after cutting him. Seems to me our terrible DTs are a hot commodity. lol nice try lil buddy

BlindFaith

Reaction score
Trysten Hill who was cut from that terrible DT rotation was not only picked up after we cut him mid season, Was once again signed a few days into free agency. Same for Carlos Watkins. Same For John Ridgeway getting picked up immeditaly after cutting him. Seems to me our terrible DTs are a hot commodity. lol nice try lil buddy
Lol. Hot commodity.

Hill is a bust in his third team now.
Watkins wasnt cut, just not resigned.
Ridgeway, we probably gave up on him a little too early.

And I agree, Bohanna would be picked up in a heartbeat. Thats why we wont be letting him go if he keeps showing progress. Its only his third year.

RandyOh

Reaction score
Lol. Hot commodity.

Hill is a bust in his third team now.
Watkins wasnt cut, just not resigned.
Ridgeway, we probably gave up on him a little too early.

And I agree, Bohanna would be picked up in a heartbeat. Thats why we wont be letting him go if he keeps showing progress. It’s only his third year.
The hot commodity part was a joke but yes all of our terrible DTs still end up getting picked up by other teams so not sure how much of a joke it actually is now.

Bohanna is a space eater that offers not much else. Some team’s value just space eaters, just not sure this team does. He lost his spot to Watkins last season who was an improvement in both the run and pass rush even if only a slight improvement. Which is why I said cut and see if he makes it to the PS, but if Hill can keep finding work, I’m sure Bohanna gets picked up too. Probably by a division rival.

BlindFaith

Reaction score
The hot commodity part was a joke but yes all of our terrible DTs still end up getting picked up by other teams so not sure how much of a joke it actually is now.

Bohanna is a space eater that offers not much else. Some team’s value just space eaters, just not sure this team does. He lost his spot to Watkins last season who was an improvement in both the run and pass rush even if only a slight improvement. Which is why I said cut and see if he makes it to the PS, but if Hill can keep finding work, I’m sure Bohanna gets picked up too. Probably by a division rival.
Hankins? Thats literally all he does. Bohanna is a clone of him.

And if you recall, Bohanna was out a few games late due to injury.

DTs can take a while to develop. Or they just get tired of being beat up all the time. All Im saying is that we should at least give him a third year to show. Plus hes cheap.

RandyOh

Reaction score
Hankins? Thats literally all he does. Bohanna is a clone of him.

And if you recall, Bohanna was out a few games late due to injury.

DTs can take a while to develop. Or they just get tired of being beat up all the time. All Im saying is that we should at least give him a third year to show. Plus hes cheap.
We have Mazi now who on paper is far superior to Bohanna. Also someone posted a stat where we were one of the best run defending teams when Hankins was on the field last season. Only so many 1 techs a team is willing to keep and i cant see in any way we keep Bohanna over Hankins who is not only a better player, but can be a mentor to Mazi like Peters was to Tyler Smith. Also there are always a few Bohanna like DTs available day 3 of every draft so hes replaceable. If he can show any pass rush ability then maybe he pushes ahead of Gallimore but i think Mazi, Osa, Hankins, Golston, & Fehoko are locks to make the team. Alarcon, Bohanna, and Gallimore are on the bubble

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I think Gallimore's 'attitude' maybe under question, didnt he turn up to first training way over weight, not really the way to behave when youre expected to be pushing for a starting job.
I loved him as a pick. The changes we've had on defense have changed away from him. Bad luck for him. That would be bad for anyone's attitude, but you still gotta suck it up and do your best in the situation you've got.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
We have Mazi now who on paper is far superior to Bohanna. Also someone posted a stat where we were one of the best run defending teams when Hankins was on the field last season. Only so many 1 techs a team is willing to keep and i cant see in any way we keep Bohanna over Hankins who is not only a better player, but can be a mentor to Mazi like Peters was to Tyler Smith. Also there are always a few Bohanna like DTs available day 3 of every draft so hes replaceable. If he can show any pass rush ability then maybe he pushes ahead of Gallimore but i think Mazi, Osa, Hankins, Golston, & Fehoko are locks to make the team. Alarcon, Bohanna, and Gallimore are on the bubble
Developmental snaps go to Mazi, not Bohanna. And he still needs plenty.

The one advantage Bohanna has is that he's under contract for 2 years. And has been improving.

Conceivably he could get close enough to Hankins to get the push, but more likely he needs an injury upstream to stick with the team.

BlindFaith

Reaction score
Mazi will be a solid 3T, with pass rush abilities. He will be far more than a 15 play a game run stuffer like Hankins. He will be replacing what they were hoping to get from Gallimore.

Gholston will get Watkins snaps.

Fehoko will be a work in progress this year. But if he can add some size, keep his quicks and gets used to playing inside, he could be a good 3T.

They will give Bohanna every chance to be the next Hankins.

Verdict

Reaction score
We currently have 12 D-lineman listed on the team. Don't think they keep more than 10 max. Who's getting cut? *Mods I'd love to see this as a poll question.

DE's:
Armstrong, Fehoko, Fowler, Golston, D-Law, Williams

DT's:
Alarcon, Bohanna, Gallimore, Hankins, Odighizuwa, Mazi

I'd have to think that Golston and Alarcon are the odds on favorites to be released.
Two of: Fowler, Alarcon, Bohanna, Gallimore don’t make the cut. I would wager that Alarcon is one of the two to be cut and moved to the practice squad.