Who's getting cut from the D-line?

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Remember too that they may be moving Parsons to DE.

I think they keep 5 DTs. Alarcon will probably be waived to the practice squad.

I think they like Golston because he can play inside or out. Right now, I think they waive Fehoko and try to move him to the practice squad too like they did last year with Ridgeway.

We also have to wait and see if there are any injuries. If Fehoko gets a hang nail they will move him to IR and keep him there for the season. If Alarcon makes the team at DT, it is a sign we are thin at that position.

This is a make or break year for Gallimore and Bohanna I think. If those two don't step up we could see one of them cut as well. I just don't think that will happen this year.
Fehoko probably ends up on PS, Alarcon is cut and the last two spots are down to Gallimore, Bohanna and Colston.

My guess is Gallimore gets cut but it's really a toss up.
Putting a 4th rounder on the PS is practically guaranteeing he gets poached

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
We currently have 12 D-lineman listed on the team. Don't think they keep more than 10 max. Who's getting cut? *Mods I'd love to see this as a poll question.

DE's:
Armstrong, Fehoko, Fowler, Golston, D-Law, Williams

DT's:
Alarcon, Bohanna, Gallimore, Hankins, Odighizuwa, Mazi

I'd have to think that Golston and Alarcon are the odds on favorites to be released.
Im guessing they cut Alacorn, Bohanna and Gallimore. I could see them keeping Bohanna on the PS, because you aren't really worried about him getting poached

Whyjerry

Reaction score
We currently have 12 D-lineman listed on the team. Don't think they keep more than 10 max. Who's getting cut? *Mods I'd love to see this as a poll question.

DE's:

DT's:

I'd have to think that Golston and Alarcon are the odds on favorites to be released.
Alacron??? Lol that’s easy. Gallimore too.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score

DE's:

DT's:

I would vote for Gallimore and Bohanna if they both dont show anything in camp . Alarcon is a given unless he has PS eligibility.

Toro9

Reaction score
Gallimore and Alarcon. The former has simply underperformed, the latter is changing positions from OL to DL.

conner01

Reaction score
I think that Golston makes the team. Gallimore and Bohanna are on the bubble.
I think Bo is toast. With Hankins and smith he’s not even gonna be active
Gallimore is on the bubble for sure
But many times these things work themselves out due to injury

conner01

Reaction score
I would vote for Gallimore and Bohanna if they both dont show anything in camp . Alarcon is a given unless he has PS eligibility.
He should be PS eligible
I don’t think his exemption would count as accrued season
But remember you can even have vets on PS

BlindFaith

Reaction score
DE - Lawrence, Armstrong, Williams, Fowler

Micah - Count him with LBs, but will be mostly DE

DT - Hankins, Mazi (around mid year) : Bohanna, Odi : Fehoko, Gholston

Gallimore is as good as gone. Follow the money. And they were trying to get rid of him last year. Hankins is on a one year deal and Bohanna is just going into his third. They will give him every chance.

Mazi will show more 3T ability than most are giving him credit for. Plus hes used to playing around 50 snaps a game. He will play a ton here. Pairing him with Hankins on obvious run downs makes a ton of sense.

Odi and Gholston on nickel and dime. Bohanna as backup 1T. Fehoko spot plays, but focus is on getting bigger for next year. Hell, he may even come to camp around 290 +.

speedkilz88

Reaction score

DE's:

DT's:

They kept 10 DL at season's start (not counting Parsons) last year and moved Watkins to the practice squad.

Lawrence, Armstrong, Golston, Fowler, Williams
Odighizuwa, Bohanna, Gallimore, Hankins, Hill, Watkins

Last edited:

reddyuta

Reaction score
Gallimore was the biggest disappointment for me last season.he was supposed to take the next step but he took a step backward and was terrible for most of the season.

quickccc

Reaction score
DE
Parsons
Dlaw
Sam-I-Am Williams
Armstrong
Fowler

DT
Mazzi
Osa
Hankins
Gholston
Fehoko

Gilmore is on the bubble. Similar to Trysten Hill of last year.
We likely will keep TEN, imo.

Depends upon how many DL guys and what particular players the club prefer to keep.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

DE's:

DT's:

Alarcon and Gallimore are gone.

quickccc

Reaction score
Gallimore and Bohanna. Both these players saw their playing time go down last year and essentially Mazi and Fehoko drafted to replace them.

Alarcon also will be cut, but he's not really a consideration, just an exempt player being given a chance to fill a camp role.
This is the summer where i think we are done with Bohanna,.as far as the regular season roster on the 53 roster- with the re-signing of Hankins and the drafting of Mazzi

More likely headed to the practice squad- like Watkins was last year.

817Gill

Reaction score
Fehoko is a project. He is a less flexible Bradley Anae. They want to move him to tackle because he will not make it as a DE in the NFL. I just do not see them cutting Gallimore or Bohanna for a project player like Fehoko.

But like I said, someone will undoubtedly get some kind of injury by the time the final cut day arrives and whoever that is will hit IR faster than Jerry hits a snifter of brandy.
Not at all lol. Fehoko is a 280 pounder who will play inside. Anae was 250 pound edge tweener.

Two completely different types of defensive linemen.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

DE's:

DT's:

Golston was coming on at the end of last season.

Alarcon can go to the ps.

Gallimore sucks.

Bohanna ?

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score

DE's:

DT's:

If cutdown day were today, I'd cut Bohanna and Alacron. I'd try to trade Gallimore and maybe Armstrong as they have trade value. Then keep the rest.

McMicah

Reaction score
Bohana and Gallimore. It’s time to call it for those two

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Remember too that they may be moving Parsons to DE.

I think they keep 5 DTs. Alarcon will probably be waived to the practice squad.

I think they like Golston because he can play inside or out. Right now, I think they waive Fehoko and try to move him to the practice squad too like they did last year with Ridgeway.

We also have to wait and see if there are any injuries. If Fehoko gets a hang nail they will move him to IR and keep him there for the season. If Alarcon makes the team at DT, it is a sign we are thin at that position.

This is a make or break year for Gallimore and Bohanna I think. If those two don't step up we could see one of them cut as well. I just don't think that will happen this year.
Moving him? LB is just a silly title. He played DE 84% of all his snaps last year.