Whose future looks brighter the Raiders or the Cowboys?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Weird question on a Cowboys board, but I’ll roll with it. Cowboys.

There were plenty of people that understood what I was getting at, but yah, I always forget that there are some people that really needs things spelled out clearly or they get confused.

This question is about which roster, HC, and draft assets, salary cap situation would you rather have. The Raiders or the Cowboys.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There were plenty of people that understood what I was getting at, but yah, I always forget that there are some people that really needs things spelled out clearly or they get confused.

This question is about which roster, HC, and draft assets, salary cap situation would you rather have. The Raiders or the Cowboys.

Yeah. Cowboys.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Its about the future, not the past. Im sure many raiders fans are NOT happy, but the smart ones will realize what Gruden is doing and how he is going about it.

Our future is what exactly?

-Garrett getting a new 5 year contract
-Dak getting a 150 million dollar contract
-NO first round pick next season
-just missing the playoffs

If your going to tank and rebuild the roster from scratch Gruden sure has the assets to do it. Plenty of first round picks, probably the first pick in the draft, Gruden pulling the strings.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Actually...I am a fan of both. I vividly remember the days of yore when The Oakland Raiders where in the upstart AFL...and the vaunted Dallas Cowboys were in the NFL. I pulled equally for both teams given separate leagues.

In the late 60s and thru the 70's and perhaps a year or two in the 90's.. I always had consternation over who I would root for if they ever met in the Superbowl...but alas...it never came to pass.

Regular season match ups weren't a thing back then, sans the 90's, so no worries there.

Used to love the Raiders vs Chiefs...Lamonica, Irons, Villapiano, Hubbard, Blanda, Otto, Tatum, Atkinson...the list can go on...versus Dawson, Taylor, Garret, Lanier, Bell et. al....them were some games back in the day.

Then you had the Rams...Gabriel, Snow, Jones...you get the point.

Go Cowboys!

I see some of you don't even bother to read anything but the title. This thread is about the future, not the past.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Never mind.
Cowboys because the Raiders will be a hot mess for quite some time. At least the Cowboys are mediocre. Gruden never really accomplished anything in is prime as a HC and he is running strictly on ego right now.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Cowboys because the Raiders will be a hot mess for quite some time. At least the Cowboys are mediocre. Gruden never really accomplished anything in is prime as a HC and he is running strictly on ego right now.

Im not sure I can really argue with that one. Our current roster is much better. Its not like they have some great young QB either. Although I think Carr can be a good QB with good players around him.

Can you really like the future of a team with Garrett as HC. You could make arguments both ways.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Im not sure I can really argue with that one. Our current roster is much better. Its not like they have some great young QB either. Although I think Carr can be a good QB with good players around him.

Can you really like the future of a team with Garrett as HC. You could make arguments both ways.
Garrett makes me sick, but Gruden would send me off the edge.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Garrett makes me sick, but Gruden would send me off the edge.

Im actually starting to like what he is doing. If you are going to rebuild, what better way do begin it? They are probably going to be bad for a year or two, but they have 5 first round picks in the next two years already. Probably will get the top pick this year. Gruden is much better coach then Garrett and he can build it the way he wants to. And more importantly they will have huge amounts of cap space to go out and sign all kinds of guys.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Im actually starting to like what he is doing. If you are going to rebuild, what better way do begin it? They are probably going to be bad for a year or two, but they have 5 first round picks in the next two years already. Probably will get the top pick this year. Gruden is much better coach then Garrett and he can build it the way he wants to. And more importantly they will have huge amounts of cap space to go out and sign all kinds of guys.
It's a bad sign when the team quits on you. That's what I saw Thursday night.

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Its about the future, not the past. Im sure many raiders fans are NOT happy, but the smart ones will realize what Gruden is doing and how he is going about it.

Our future is what exactly?

-Garrett getting a new 5 year contract
-Dak getting a 150 million dollar contract
-NO first round pick next season
-just missing the playoffs

If your going to tank and rebuild the roster from scratch Gruden sure has the assets to do it. Plenty of first round picks, probably the first pick in the draft, Gruden pulling the strings.

It's about being a Cowboys fan on a Cowboy's forum.

My post still stands

For those goofy enough to answer raiders

https://www.google.com/search?q=Rai...droid-samsung&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
It's a bad sign when the team quits on you. That's what I saw Thursday night.
They are terrible. And 80% of those players wont be on the team next year. Gruden has essentially thrown in the towel this year for the good of the future. Complete rebuild it seems.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I'd say Cowboys. Raiders have draft picks but if they screw those draft picks up then they have nothing. You can't just assume someone has a future because of draft picks especially when they seem to have a personnel issue.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Its just simple question. Nothing to get offended about.

Whos future is brighter? Its called a debate. Im on the fence personally.

Plenty of people on here want a brand new coaching staff, get rid of Dak of start over at the QB position.
I don't understand..........even if you think Dak sucks and Garrett sucks........the Cowboys have a lot of youth that have proven to be good. Raiders have nothing. Carr looks like he sucks and Gruden sucks even worse. I'm not seeing what promise or future the Raiders have.

Motown12

First words were not Mom or Dad but Flex Defense
Reaction score
Why the Cowboys?

As bad as we think it is to be Cowboys fans at times let's have a little perspective. That 12-4 year the Raiders had a few years ago with a potential young MVP QB in Carr turned out to be a mirage. Carr has regressed and they have had one winning season in 15 years. let that sink in for a second...one. And although Gruden is not the GM it's pretty easy to see who is running things in Oakland. After winning a SB with Dungy's players in TB, he pretty much run that franchise in the ground after that, especially on draft day.