Whose future looks brighter the Raiders or the Cowboys?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I don't understand..........even if you think Dak sucks and Garrett sucks........the Cowboys have a lot of youth that have proven to be good. Raiders have nothing. Carr looks like he sucks and Gruden sucks even worse. I'm not seeing what promise or future the Raiders have.

Well yah, if you think they all suck, then you don't see it.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
As bad as we think it is to be Cowboys fans at times let's have a little perspective. That 12-4 year the Raiders had a few years ago with a potential young MVP QB in Carr turned out to be a mirage. Carr has regressed and they have had one winning season in 15 years. let that sink in for a second...one. And although Gruden is not the GM it's pretty easy to see who is running things in Oakland. After winning a SB with Dungy's players in TB, he pretty much run that franchise in the ground after that, especially on draft day.

Again, Im not talking about the past, I am talking about the future.

Ill take Gruden over Garrett as a HC and Ill take Gruden over Jerry as the GM. Hands down.

Last edited:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Exactly. And they are presently the ones who choose their draft picks lmao and these are their current rosters

Didnt help yourself at all bud

Maybe your not up on current events but this is Grudens first year with the raiders so the current roster has nothing to do with him. Hes actually clearing out the roster and mopping up first round draft picks in the process. Fleeced Jerry already on the Cooper trade.

That being the case, Im on the fence about which team has a brighter future. We have seen pretty clearly that the combination of Garrett and Jerry gets us nowhere. If Garrett gets another 5 year deal and they sign Dak to a 7 year big contract and he continues to struggle, the Cowboys wont have much of a future.

Last edited:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I'd say Cowboys. Raiders have draft picks but if they screw those draft picks up then they have nothing. You can't just assume someone has a future because of draft picks especially when they seem to have a personnel issue.

They also have more than 75 million in cap space going into next season.

Motown12

First words were not Mom or Dad but Flex Defense
Reaction score
Again, Im not talking about the past, I am talking about the future.

Ill take Gruden over Garrett as a HC and Ill take Gruden over Jerry as the GM. Hands down.

It's not that I think Gruden sucks, I just have doubts about his ability to construct a team.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
It's not that I think Gruden sucks, I just have doubts about his ability to construct a team.

And why would that be? Can it be any worse then the job Garrett and Jerry are doing?

5 first round picks in the next two years and the first pick in the draft is a pretty nice beginning don't you think?

Elusive6thRing

Reaction score
Unanswerable question right now.

The Raiders have almost no talent left and a bunch of draft picks. You would think several first round picks would translate to talent but it's not a guarantee.

It would take until 2-3 years after the draft picks to evalate where the teams are then. Right now I'd rather be us, but depending on how the draft picks end up that could change in the future. Even if they draft successfully it doesn't guarantee the entire team ends up great.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
They also have more than 75 million in cap space going into next season.
To sign who with? Free agency class sucks next season....and free agency isn't about "future". ITs about win now. Most free agents are either at the end of their prime or past their prime so that still doesn't really make their future bright.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Maybe your not up on current events but this is Grudens first year with the raiders so the current roster has nothing to do with him. Hes actually clearing out the roster and mopping up first round draft picks in the process. Fleeced Jerry already on the Cooper trade.

That being the case, Im on the fence about which team has a brighter future. We have seen pretty clearly that the combination of Garrett and Jerry gets us nowhere. If Garrett gets another 5 year deal and they sign Dak to a 7 year big contract and he continues to struggle, the Cowboys wont have much of a future.
:lmao2:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
To sign who with? Free agency class sucks next season....and free agency isn't about "future". ITs about win now. Most free agents are either at the end of their prime or past their prime so that still doesn't really make their future bright.

Really, so you know the entire FA class? Thats pretty impressive. FA's aren't about the future? Interesting. So one year contracts then?

Motown12

First words were not Mom or Dad but Flex Defense
Reaction score
And why would that be? Can it be any worse then the job Garrett and Jerry are doing?

5 first round picks in the next two years and the first pick in the draft is a pretty nice beginning don't you think?

That would be based on his history in TB in running them into the ground. As far as JJ and JG trust me I'm no fan. We can bash the Cowboys for a lot of things but recent drafts for the most part have been very solid. Drafting is finally not the Cowboys problem IMO, it's been the same problem, other than a 4 year stretch from 2003-2006, it's coaching.

The Raiders only have a couple players left on their squad drafted in the past 4 years, that's 1995-2002 Cowboys bad. Heck yea 5 first round picks is a great spot to be in. But just like Jimmy Johnson has said many times, it's what we did with the Herschel Walker picks that created a dynasty. I'm not a Raider hater, I grew up 20 minutes south of Oakland in Fremont. I just like Gruden is over hyped and rated. Doesn't make it true, just my opinion.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You think Gruden and Carr are good? Because if you are impressed by them then you should be impressed by Dak and Garrett.......

I really like Gruden. AS far as Carr I am not impressed. However if they want to move on from him then they certainly have the assets to go out and get a great young QB. Unlike us.

One or two big decision could either propel the Cowboys into contender status in the near future, or send them into mediocrity for the next 5-7 years.

Anyone is better than Garrett. Gruden would be a 5 star upgrade.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
That would be based on his history in TB in running them into the ground. As far as JJ and JG trust me I'm no fan. We can bash the Cowboys for a lot of things but recent drafts for the most part have been very solid. Drafting is finally not the Cowboys problem IMO, it's been the same problem, other than a 4 year stretch from 2003-2006, it's coaching.

The Raiders only have a couple players left on their squad drafted in the past 4 years, that's 1995-2002 Cowboys bad. Heck yea 5 first round picks is a great spot to be in. But just like Jimmy Johnson has said many times, it's what we did with the Herschel Walker picks that created a dynasty. I'm not a Raider hater, I grew up 20 minutes south of Oakland in Fremont. I just like Gruden is over hyped and rated. Doesn't make it true, just my opinion.

You mean how he ran the Bucs into the SB. And with Brad Johnson as the QB no less. Very impressive.

In Super Bowl XXXVII, the Buccaneers faced the Raiders, and Gruden guided Tampa Bay to a commanding 48–21 victory. He experienced his first losing seasons as head coach the following two years, but Tampa Bay rebounded in 2005 to win a division title.

Gruden > Garrett by a wide margin.
Gruden >GM then Jones by a wide margin.

Raiders 5 first round picks in the next two years and including a top 2 pick this year and all the rounds.

Although the Cowboys have much cap room the Raiders have nearly 80 million in cap space going into next season. But this wont be a one year fix certainly.

The Cowboys roster is much much better, but if Garrett gets resigned the future is bleak. And you know that Jones is going to resign Dak for 150 million.

Do you see us winning a SB anytime soon with Garrett, Jerry, and Dak being our big 3 horses? And with no fist round pick next year?

Last edited:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I really like Gruden. AS far as Carr I am not impressed. However if they want to move on from him then they certainly have the assets to go out and get a great young QB. Unlike us.

One or two big decision could either propel the Cowboys into contender status in the near future, or send them into mediocrity for the next 5-7 years.

Anyone is better than Garrett. Gruden would be a 5 star upgrade.

What great young QB are you referring to? Because there about 5 or 6 franchise QB's in this league right now and 2 of them are young. So as hard as it is to get a QB in this league....I'm suppose to believe that just because you have a draft pick you will get one?

Either way, they don't have a running back, offensive line or receivers......whoever they do get is going to be throwing to trash.

And Gruden is garbage. You like him. Fair enough. But I don't respect what he did to the Raiders. The Raiders were a average team....a great coach should be able to propel a average team to a above average team and instead he made them the worst team in the league. HE's terrible. As bad as Garrett is.......he at least has enough sense to not get rid of a Khalil Mack.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Really, so you know the entire FA class? Thats pretty impressive. FA's aren't about the future? Interesting. So one year contracts then?
I Don't know the entire class but I'm well aware of who the best players are in the league and I can guarantee that none of them won't be in free agency.

You know what you get in free agency? You get the Sammy Watkins to fight over. Raiders need premiere players to improve their team.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I Don't know the entire class but I'm well aware of who the best players are in the league and I can guarantee that none of them won't be in free agency.

You know what you get in free agency? You get the Sammy Watkins to fight over. Raiders need premiere players to improve their team.

So gruden sucks, the draft sucks, and FA sucks. Got it.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Cowboys, and after much thought, the Cowboys. Cowboys over all 31 other teams hands down.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

so everyone is nowcalling to blow up the entire team. 80 million in cap space, the first pick in the draft and 5 first round picks in two years starting to sound better yet? LOL