Whose to blame on the defense taking a step back this year?

Cowboyny

Reaction score
The front office pretty much kept the defense in tact for this season, outside of the addition of Robert Quinn.They did lose a quality player in Crawford, but in essence the same personnel for this unit.

Whose to blame for the unit's regression this year:

-Coaching Staff
-Scheme
-Players
-Offense

We can point to all the above. However, in my opinion, the offense sticks out to me. Zeke Elliot was drafted to not only help the offense, but the defense as well. The team's philosophy was a dominate ground rushing attack, that would control the clock, grind out first downs, wear their opponents out and most importantly keep their defense fresh! The team is currently 19th in the league in time of possession, they were 3rd in Zeke's rookie year, in which they earned the #1 seed in the playoffs. The defense has always been a problem spot of this team in recent years, perhaps a very overrated group.

The keys to success to pretty simple, return to their run first philosophy. I don't want to hear about teams loading the box, they have been doing that since Zeke arrived. Be successful on the ground, the defense will start to look so much better and success to far more attainable!

cityochamps

What Just Happened Here
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Right now I blame Jason G for everything, I could blame Jerry but heel Jimmy dealt with Jerry so why cant Jason or someone else preferable

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Good question but I honestly don't know the answer other than we basically have the same starters from last year yet there's been quite a drop-off. The biggest and most disappointing at LBer......which begs the question. Are we ask them to something different from last season?

foofighters

Reaction score
Poor coaching and the players too concerned about everything except football. This whole Hotboyz thing is so annoying. Then what's worse are all the dumb fans on facebook. The Cowboys FB page will post pictures and there will be DLaw and that stupid Hotboyz chain and everyone posts how they love the Hotboyz and so forth. It's nauseating.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
they fell of middle of the year last year its pretty much the standard dallas cowboys defense we have seen since garrett has been head coach

MojaveJT

Reaction score
Honestly had higher hopes with Richard calling plays but it’s still under Rod’s scheme/philosophy. We missed out on a lot of talent because they weren’t a fit because of Rod.

I want to see what Richard can do with Rod kicked out of the club. If not, we need a change to the defensive side like the offense that has breathed new life with Linehan gone.

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
Jourdan Lewis is our best DB and it took the coaching staff 3 years and an injury to another player to see it. I dont feel sorry if any or all of them get fired! Heaths been our starter how long?

DuncanIso

Reaction score
The front office pretty much kept the defense in tact for this season, outside of the addition of Robert Quinn.They did lose a quality player in Crawford, but in essence the same personnel for this unit.

Whose to blame for the unit's regression this year:

-Coaching Staff
-Scheme
-Players
-Offense

We can point to all the above. However, in my opinion, the offense sticks out to me. Zeke Elliot was drafted to not only help the offense, but the defense as well. The team's philosophy was a dominate ground rushing attack, that would control the clock, grind out first downs, wear their opponents out and most importantly keep their defense fresh! The team is currently 19th in the league in time of possession, they were 3rd in Zeke's rookie year, in which they earned the #1 seed in the playoffs. The defense has always been a problem spot of this team in recent years, perhaps a very overrated group.

The keys to success to pretty simple, return to their run first philosophy. I don't want to hear about teams loading the box, they have been doing that since Zeke arrived. Be successful on the ground, the defense will start to look so much better and success to far more attainable!

Zeke hate?

Marinelli is the problem.

has been for years.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Honestly had higher hopes with Richard calling plays but it’s still under Rod’s scheme/philosophy. We missed out on a lot of talent because they weren’t a fit because of Rod.

I want to see what Richard can do with Rod kicked out of the club. If not, we need a change to the defensive side like the offense that has breathed new life with Linehan gone.

KRichard is for real. Our best hope next season.

Legion of Boom don’t play BBDB defense