Why’d Smith dress? Why’d Martin sit? I thought Bladasz was a go?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Well he has to he is the one that signs the checks. Actually he isn't, he is just the final yes man.
And if he tells MM to sit a couple key stars like Tyron and Zack nursing injuries cause are facing an easy opponent then MM has to convince our owner to go against his instincts .

I can definitely see this . And many fans prob would have agreed going in. And if we’d won prob a good call. And who knows , maybe this wasn’t a big factor . But it’s newsworthy now .

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Last time I checked our owner is most hated sports personality in Dallas .
Maybe so, but that does not mean he makes those decisions. I don't care about stuff like that. It has no bearing on my life. Just to see how some hate him so much in here is laughable at times.
I guess it is how some vent.
I am just checking in to read all the meltdowns. I have a busy day coming up soon. So I will miss a lot of posts (probably a good thing). :laugh:

Yes this team has problems. But it is week 3. Best to find this stuff out now, and get them fixed (hopefully) then during the playoff push. If we are in the running (I think I did that right). :muttley:

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Have you seen all the threads since the loss? Some rightfully so. Others, just the normal whining.
I’ve seen mostly realistic, smart, and common sense threads since the game last night.

The troll, uninformed, unrealistic threads have been getting made the past 2 weeks.

Mark

Reaction score
Until this year, I've never heard of making a decision beforehand to "rest starters" in the third game of the season. The mentality of this team's leadership is difficult to understand.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Until this year, I've never heard of making a decision beforehand to "rest starters" in the third game of the season. The mentality of this team's leadership is difficult to understand.
The preseason isn’t enough.

We’re gonna start resting guys until at least Week 4 going forward.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Maybe so, but that does not mean he makes those decisions. I don't care about stuff like that. It has no bearing on my life. Just to see how some hate him so much in here is laughable at times.
I guess it is how some vent.
I am just checking in to read all the meltdowns. I have a busy day coming up soon. So I will miss a lot of posts (probably a good thing). :laugh:

Yes this team has problems. But it is week 3. Best to find this stuff out now, and get them fixed (hopefully) then during the playoff push. If we are in the running (I think I did that right). :muttley:
First of all speculative thoughts are usually opinion driven unless a link is provided .

That’s fine if it has no bearing on your life. But here you are attempting to deflect than wanting to address the possibility of their credibility. Just saying..

I usually stay away after the game for some of your same reasons . After a loss like this it’s going to be tough standing up to all of the criticism . At least you acknowledge there are some issues to address. And there’s always next week.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This babyfied mindset has been the undoing for the Cowboys going on 30 years now.

You don’t feel great? You’ve got a hang nail? You’re a little nervous?

Just sit this one out.

Everybody gets paid, but nobody grits through anything because they don’t have to. It’s not expected. They are coddled.

They know it. We know it. Everyone knows it.

They’re the softest team in the NFL.
THEY'RE the softest team, not WE? Well there you go Sirianni....you came out!

Aven8

Reaction score
Tyron over their growling face and all. Looked silly. Obviously he could have gone but they were only going to put him in in case Ebogba sucked big time.

They acted like this game was a PS game.

StarLord

Reaction score
Regardless of who made the call, my thought pregame was they were giving extra to dinged up starters because of the idea that Arizona would be a cakewalk.

slick325

Reaction score
This babyfied mindset has been the undoing for the Cowboys going on 30 years now.

Just sit this one out.

Everybody gets paid, but nobody grits through anything because they don’t have to. It’s not expected. They are coddled.

These fools decided to load manage players in week 3. Ultimate sign of disrespect to an opponent and sign of arrogance that they KNOW they will be playing in the playoffs.

How many times have fans heard Jerry Jones talk about having someone "down the road"? Or "we'll need him down the road."? You don't get "down the road" without piling up wins first. Especially ones that you are supposed to win.

They needed a reality check and got one. If they overlook the Pats in anticipation of playing a better team than them in the 49ers, they will get another reality check.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
These fools decided to load manage players in week 3. Ultimate sign of disrespect to an opponent and sign of arrogance that they KNOW they will be playing in the playoffs.

How many times have fans heard Jerry Jones talk about having someone "down the road"? Or "we'll need him down the road."? You don't get "down the road" without piling up wins first. Especially ones that you are supposed to win.

They needed a reality check and got one. If they overlook the Pats in anticipation of playing a better team than them in the 49ers, they will get another reality check.
2-3 is very realistic.

Cmac

Reaction score
Tyron Smith's biggest problem is availability.

Chuck 54

Reaction score

Just sit this one out.

My guess is those were coaching and medical decisions.
RG and C were probably compromised and told that another week they’d be healthy to perform better. LT was probably our emergency swing T only. I’m guessing the coaches thought they could win without them and be at better strength vs string of tougher competition. Hubris. It was obvious Mike’s game plan was simplified to dump the passes off short to protect the backups, and the Cardinals were smothering those routes.

Carson

Reaction score
Regardless of who made the call, my thought pregame was they were giving extra to dinged up starters because of the idea that Arizona would be a cakewalk.
I felt that way as well.

But in reality it’s not true for Martin or Biadasz.

Biadasz was a DNP at practice on Friday and was a long shot.

Martin likely goes if it’s playoffs.

Smith was an absolute joke. Suiting? Making him a captain? Then when Chuma stunk it up to have him sit there and look angry? Stupid

CoachD

Reaction score
Smith suiting up and not playing was stupid, but it's a decision we're use to
He was an emergency only. The Cowboys are so thin on the o-line they had to suit him up just in case someone went down.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I've listened to the Ticket all morning and they haven't said anything about that. If it happened, they'd be talking about it. Everyone knows they're anything but Jerry fans.
Jethro fans? Where. I’ve yet to meet one in person. Only online ..Lol

For the record what has been discussed is our OL starters nursing injuries which could have played if a big game were rested. Who made the call is unknown. But we can speculate.