Why’d Smith dress? Why’d Martin sit? I thought Bladasz was a go?

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Football used to be the place where all of the meta humans got together to decide who was the biggest strongest and badest humans on the planet. The NFL is the place where people come together to try to get the biggest bag of money that they can, build their brand as much as they can, and hang on for as long as they can. The Dallas Cowboys is the shining example. Get all the attention, all the fame and all the money. Now winning required.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Jethro fans? Where. I’ve yet to meet one in person. Only online ..Lol

For the record what has been discussed is our OL starters nursing injuries which could have played if a big game were rested. Who made the call is unknown. But we can speculate.
You said it like you'd heard that somewhere, not that it was your own speculation.

And I can't see where your first paragraph has any relation to what I posted.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You said it like you'd heard that somewhere, not that it was your own speculation.

And I can't see where your first paragraph has any relation to what I posted.
I wish I could take credit for the thought but I can’t. I wasn’t even the first fan to mention it on this forum.

And my Jethro fan pun was in response to claiming there were fans of his:)

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Smith was the emergency back up. Martin's injury is likely worse than we know. Biadasz has trouble anchoring up when healthy. How effective will be be on a bad hammy. Look for both Martin and Biadasz to be out for the upcoming game as well.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
To anyone paying attention the Martin injury was very predictable. The hold out was calculated and necessary for a guy on the decline. Oh well he got his money and his fame so all is good I suppose.

Brax

Reaction score
This babyfied mindset has been the undoing for the Cowboys going on 30 years now.

You don’t feel great? You’ve got a hang nail? You’re a little nervous?

Just sit this one out.

Everybody gets paid, but nobody grits through anything because they don’t have to. It’s not expected. They are coddled.

They know it. We know it. Everyone knows it.

They’re the softest team in the NFL.
MM and the crew thought this was a cake walk, 2 TD favorite, Doomsday D, top O, great play caller, show up and it’s a win. They were legends in their own minds.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I said in another thread, that all 3 of those linemen could have played yesterday. It feels like the coaching staff just told them to sit this one out because we'll win this one without you. Looked like the whole team thought they'd win just by showing up.
if that's the message they heard, then it explains the lethargic play yesterday. it did look like they thought we just show up and AZ is going to roll over and play dead.

well, welcome to the NFL boys!

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Apparently this was Jethro’s decision as he had told MM that whoever needed rest with any lingering injuries should sit as our amazing owner felt this was a Gimme game .

Obviously he had bought into his own hype that this was best team he’s had . Lol

Looked as though he and former Gov Christie were having a big time in the stands .

All of this just another reminder why it’s difficult to take our franchise too seriously anymore on the football field .
where did you hear these rumors? I am interested.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
where did you hear these rumors? I am interested.
I think it was pregame chatter on radio that our OL who were nursing injuries were being rested and it possibly came from our owner. I saw someone had posted in forum as well and when I posted it.

Ken

Reaction score
This babyfied mindset has been the undoing for the Cowboys going on 30 years now.

Just sit this one out.

Everybody gets paid, but nobody grits through anything because they don’t have to. It’s not expected. They are coddled.

Finally, a good topic.

Yes, this is a problem. We have been artificially hamstringing ourselves the first 3 games. I have no idea why either.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
I

Just sit this one out.

It's no wonder the team didn't show up, the mentality was set by the coaching staff.

conner01

Reaction score
Jerry does not make these decisions. Another fan hating myth.
Obviously they sit to heal nagging injuries and not make them worse. Smith dressed in case of emergency. The idea makes a lot of sense though I think it may have led to other players taking this game lightly

Creeper

Reaction score
I said in another thread, that all 3 of those linemen could have played yesterday. It feels like the coaching staff just told them to sit this one out because we'll win this one without you. Looked like the whole team thought they'd win just by showing up.
I can't help but think this as well. And think of how this set the mindset for the rest of the team. "We can sit 3 all pro linemen and still win". Could this be why the team was flat at the start? If this is what the Cowboys coaches were thinking then maybe the loss will wake them up to the fact this is the NFL and sitting players for any game carries a huge risk no matter who the opponent is. Even if 2 of those guys play, it is a different game.