Why a Cowboys-Eagles Bout in Round 2 of Playoffs Likely Looms

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
It’s been 4 years since the Cowboys advanced in the playoffs so I wouldn’t be speculating on a second round game just yet. just getting through the first round has been a major hurdle.

I just looked it up.... Philly has been #1 seed in playoffs 4 times since since 2000. They've never lost any of those 1st divisional round games they played those years, advancing to NFC CG each time, and winning two of them to go to SB.

Dallas was the #1 seed once since 2000....and immediately lost in the first game.

Dallas should focus on next week, and next week alone. We've done nothing in 30 years to suggest we should assume a win against team...including the Colts. Yet everyone in here is already trying to figure out who our SECOND opponent will be in the playoffs. We've already mentally put a W for us over Tom Brady in a playoff game? Welp, I guess our recent playoff success has given us that comfort.

Holy moly!

CWR

Reaction score
If the playoffs were to start today it would be Cowboys and Eagles in round 2 of the playoffs (assuming Dallas gets through it's wild card game). And even if things bounce around a fair bit with seeds shifting in remaining games...these two have a very good probability of ending up facing each other a third game this year--in round two.

This is the case even if Dallas wins the division.

I don't want to bore people with the details. If you have questions...I spent a bit of time looking at seeding/playoff format, current standings and odds... Here for you, as always.

*In before someone posts, "Stupid to talk about the playoffs so soon"*

I still think we win the division, although they need to lose to the Titans this week for me to continue that.

If that's the case, they will need to win a wildcard game before coming to us. Time will tell, but a division foe in the playoffs seems likely now, and I agree it's probably Philly.

CWR

Reaction score
It’s been 4 years since the Cowboys advanced in the playoffs so I wouldn’t be speculating on a second round game just yet. just getting through the first round has been a major hurdle.

Which is why we really needed to break the pattern and make the playoffs consistently. Then hopefully they learn from the experience, and we actually progress.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
If you looked it up how did you get it wrong?

If you looked it up how did you get it wrong?

Oh great.

My male stalker is back.

Hey male stalker....I looked up the Eagles history (don't know it by heart like you). They've been the #1 seed 4 times....as stated.

As a cowboy fan, I was trying to minimize our embarrassing playoff performances to all the Giants and Eagles fans infiltrating this site...by smudging the truth about us only being the 1 seed once and immediately losing.

BUT, just like when you announced to the world about the Packers and Eaglea not being the Team of the 60's, but rather the 40's, 50s, AND 60s...you've now "set the record straight" again, by letting everyone know that we've in fact shyt the bed TWICE as the #1 seed and immediately lost the 1st game, twice, not once....thus magnifying our shame.

Nice job, stoopid. Watch us lose to the Colts now.

Go away male stalker. Your infatuation with me is creeping me out (not that there's anything wrong with that)

b0xZZ

Reaction score
Get your Dak hate in, I know that's what you like guys to do, but show me an NFL QB right now besides a very select few, that you couldn't say the same about.

I don't care about the QB's on other teams. If Dak comes out and craps the bed it's over. He's either going to look phenomenal or the exact opposite, there doesn't seem to be a lot of in between with him and that scares me.

fansince68

Reaction score
Philly is one of the few 1-seeds that I would not mind seeing at all in the playoffs
IMHO, Philly does well with the things we do poorly. Philly will be a problem make no bones about it. Philly has a stout run defense, good secondary, good o line, good rb and wr, and a running qb that is hard to bring down yet doesn't turn the ball over. They are very consistent. They will be trouble. Defensively, I expect us to adapt but I worry about our OC play calling and Dak.

b0xZZ

Reaction score
Maybe therapy will help you

Dak has three game winning drives in the last four years. There are three QB's that have that many this year alone. Therapy can't change reality.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Dak has three game winning drives in the last four years. There are three QB's that have that many this year alone. Therapy can't change reality.

Why would I care about game winning drives when we are winning. If I’m beating you already, I don’t need a game winning drive :facepalm:

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
Oh great.

My male stalker is back.

Hey male stalker....I looked up the Eagles history (don't know it by heart like you). They've been the #1 seed 4 times....as stated.

As a cowboy fan, I was trying to minimize our embarrassing playoff performances to all the Giants and Eagles fans infiltrating this site...by smudging the truth about us only being the 1 seed once and immediately losing.

BUT, just like when you announced to the world about the Packers and Eaglea not being the Team of the 60's, but rather the 40's, 50s, AND 60s...you've now "set the record straight" again, by letting everyone know that we've in fact shyt the bed TWICE as the #1 seed and immediately lost the 1st game, twice, not once....thus magnifying our shame.

Nice job, stoopid. Watch us lose to the Colts now.

Go away male stalker. Your infatuation with me is creeping me out (not that there's anything wrong with that)
If you don’t like being corrected on your lies it seems like the easiest solution would be to quit lying. Or join a forum for other Eagles fans? Or stay here and get burnt for your off the rail rants. You’re super easy pickings Lombardi