Why a Cowboys-Eagles Bout in Round 2 of Playoffs Likely Looms

Dallasfann

Reaction score
I still don't trust Dak, he could come out next week and look like a 4th round reach again. It's looking likely we get a wildcard but I can't see this team stringing together three playoff caliber wins. Too sloppy with penalties (leading the league again) and Dak is Dr Jekyll a Mr Hyde, even OBJ can't compensate for that.

Cowboys reached for Prescott in the 4th round? Out of pure curiosity what round should the Cowboys have drafted Dak?

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
If the playoffs were to start today it would be Cowboys and Eagles in round 2 of the playoffs (assuming Dallas gets through it's wild card game). And even if things bounce around a fair bit with seeds shifting in remaining games...these two have a very good probability of ending up facing each other a third game this year--in round two.

This is the case even if Dallas wins the division.

I don't want to bore people with the details. If you have questions...I spent a bit of time looking at seeding/playoff format, current standings and odds... Here for you, as always.

*In before someone posts, "Stupid to talk about the playoffs so soon"*
Thanks for doing the research.
:thumbup:
Winning the Division is huge because that would determine where the game is played.
Both teams have good/great homefield advantages in my opinion.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
For some it is. I really don’t get why you guys still watch.

I truly believe that for many on this board it's not about the Cowboys at all. It's about being proven right about their negativity. For example, I absolutely love it when players prove me wrong. I'm on the cusp of admitting that CeeDee Lamb has proven me wrong this year about being able to handle true number 1 duties. I hope he has a 200 yard game Sunday and all but buries me. Many here are not like that though. The more Dak struggles the happier they are. They realize that they get to start there little threads on Monday explaining how smart they are and how dumb Cowboy fans are for believing in him.

You and I will never understand it. I would be willing to bet that you have had other interests in your life that you have enjoyed similar to the Cowboys that you have lost interest in. I'm also willing to bet
that because that didn't bring you joy anymore you moved on with life. Most of the people you speak of that we don't understand why they watch truly have nothing else outside of hating the Cowboys. Hell, it's probably even what they are known as in there own personal circle.

I actually used to like the Bulls as much if not a little more then the Cowboys 15 years or so ago. Was on numerous Bulls forums. Watched all their games, loved them. The Derrick Rose injury really got me, I slowly started to lose interest when he came back and the team just lost it's edge. I stuck around and watched as many games as I could for awhile but I realized that the team just wasn't bringing very much enjoyment to my life. I'd go on message boards and be negative about everything and it finally just hit me that the Bulls were doing nothing for me but making me mad. So..I quit watching games, I quit buying the NBA pass, I quit visiting message boards. I still check there scores at night and see how they are doing in the standings, but I don't let them ruin my day. If something makes you that miserable..move on with your life.

b0xZZ

Reaction score
Cowboys reached for Prescott in the 4th round? Out of pure curiosity what round should the Cowboys have drafted Dak?

We shouldn't have drafted him at all. This team hasn't drafted a round one QB since Aikman in 1989. Coincidently we haven't won a superbowl or even a conference championship since that QB.

817Gill

Reaction score
We shouldn't have drafted him at all. This team hasn't drafted a round one QB since Aikman in 1989. Coincidently we haven't won a superbowl or even a conference championship since that QB.
We shouldn’t have drafted a pro bowl QB lol? In what world is it a bad idea to draft a franchise QB? This team got lucky to find Dak. We would’ve had 3-4 years of 2015-like football to watch.

Every 2016 re-draft ever made has him in the top 10 let alone the first round. But hey I bet you’re the type that thinks Dak isn’t even starting caliber lol. If that’s so then I won’t even bother responding.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
It’s been 4 years since the Cowboys advanced in the playoffs so I wouldn’t be speculating on a second round game just yet. just getting through the first round has been a major hurdle.

Reactions: CWR

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Dallas / Philly NFC Championship

Dallas gets the 5 knocks off 4 seed Tampa

Washington wins their playoff game, we go to Minnesota

We then play in the nfc championship in Philly

A Dallas/Philly NFC CC is unlikely.

For starters...the odds of one of them not making it, is at least 50% I'd guess. Maybe 66% if you gave equal Dallas, Philly and Minnesota equal odds to make it and none to anyone else.

But then there's the problem of seeding.

Philly is locked in at either #1 or #5. With 6 games left and a win over Minnesota, they'd have to loose 2 with Minnesota winning out in order to drop to #2. In that scenario *if* Dallas wins out and Minnesota loses one, then Dallas is #1 and Minnesota is #5, so in most scenarios, you'll have:

1- Philly
2- Minnesota
3- San Francisco
4- Tampa
5- Dallas
6- NY Giants
7- Washington

So let's say Dallas wins...unless the Giants or Commanders upset Minnesota or SF...then it's a round 2 matchup for Dallas and Philly

Cowboys1966

Reaction score
If the playoffs were to start today it would be Cowboys and Eagles in round 2 of the playoffs (assuming Dallas gets through it's wild card game). And even if things bounce around a fair bit with seeds shifting in remaining games...these two have a very good probability of ending up facing each other a third game this year--in round two.

I don't want to bore people with the details. If you have questions...I spent a bit of time looking at seeding/playoff format, current standings and odds... Here for you, as always.

We have all the intangibles in our favour on December 24… If we have to go into Philly for the division round, with them coming off of a bye, I hate to say it, but I think we get spanked pretty badly

Cowboys1966

Reaction score
A Dallas/Philly NFC CC is unlikely.

For starters...the odds of one of them not making it, is at least 50% I'd guess. Maybe 66% if you gave equal Dallas, Philly and Minnesota equal odds to make it and none to anyone else.

But then there's the problem of seeding.

Philly is locked in at either #1 or #5. With 6 games left and a win over Minnesota, they'd have to loose 2 with Minnesota winning out in order to drop to #2. In that scenario *if* Dallas wins out and Minnesota loses one, then Dallas is #1 and Minnesota is #5, so in most scenarios, you'll have:

1- Philly
2- Minnesota
3- San Francisco
4- Tampa
5- Dallas
6- NY Giants
7- Washington

So let's say Dallas wins...unless the Giants or Commanders upset Minnesota or SF...then it's a round 2 matchup for Dallas and Philly
Yep pray the six or seven seed pulls off a upset in the wildcard around

Wichitaleafs

Reaction score
I cannot, for the life of me, see how the Cowboys will win 3 road playoff games in a row.

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
Yeah cause I'm sure us drafting Paxton Lynch in the same draft would've worked out wonderfully cause he was a first round pick. Broncos saved Jerry from Jerry. Johnny Mandrel was gonna be a 1st round pick by this team as well. Back to the subject at hand, Dallas has as good of a shot as the Vikings, 9ers, and Eagles to run away with the NFC. Bucs, I'm just not buying the Brady thing. Didn't he go like 6 or 7 years straight without a playoff win?

Dallasfann

Reaction score

Do you know what would be really funny. If we went back to when Dak was drafted and looked at everyone drafted after him so you could tell us who we should of picked instead.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

What if:
Eagles lose 2 games
Vikings lose zero games

i.e.
Eagles 14-3
Vikings 15-2

meddleroidz

Reaction score
Dallas / Philly NFC Championship

Dallas gets the 5 knocks off 4 seed Tampa

Washington wins their playoff game, we go to Minnesota

We then play in the nfc championship in Philly
this is
I really don't think anyone fears the Eagles. I've heard people astonish over the Bills in the first 7 games, the Chiefs, the Niners in the last 4 games, and even the Cowboys in the last 2 games but I really feel like an overwhelming consensus believes the Eagles are overrated, worse than their record and their schedule so far has been a real cakewalk.

Also, if you ask the Vikings or Giants who they'd rather face.... Cowboys or Eagles, I'm betting they'll both say the Eagles. As for the Commanders I'm not sure what they'll say but they haven't had much, if any, success against Dak.
the strenght of schedule states that the eagles had a tougher schedule than the cowboys, because you played the bucs and rams who sucked this year who were suppose to be top tier. overrated how? if the eagles beat the cowboys again will you say they are overrated still? come on!

Yobwocs

Reaction score
this is

the strenght of schedule states that the eagles had a tougher schedule than the cowboys, because you played the bucs and rams who sucked this year who were suppose to be top tier. overrated how? if the eagles beat the cowboys again will you say they are overrated still? come on!

Stop sniffing glue. You beat the Vikings, the Commanders, and Cooper Rush.

We beat Giants, Bengals, Giants, Commanders, and Vikings. The math favors us. How in the world does the Eagles have the stronger schedule? Even the 3 games that weren't identical on our schedules you got the Cardinals, the Steelers, and the upcoming Saints. Doesn't get easier than that.

meddleroidz

Reaction score
Stop sniffing glue. You beat the Vikings, the Commanders, and Cooper Rush.

We beat Giants, Bengals, Giants, Commanders, and Vikings. The math favors us. How in the world does the Eagles have the stronger schedule? Even the 3 games that weren't identical on our schedules you got the Cardinals, the Steelers, and the upcoming Saints. Doesn't get easier than that.
i sniff what i want, jk also the eagles are gonna be 11-1, still think they would be overrated then again ? you beat the bengals when they were horrible, they are solid now! eagles and cowboys are both great teams that have a shot at a SB, lets leave it at that! go birds!