Why a Cowboys-Eagles Bout in Round 2 of Playoffs Likely Looms

jsb357

Reaction score
It's setting up so that Tampa heads to Jerry World for round one.

Let's get that one out of the way first.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Predicting the NFC playoffs is going to be tough this year. Projected division winners seem to be pretty weak overall. Philly is 10-1, but seems flawed on defense. If someone can get the formula to slow down Hurts they are in trouble. Minnesota seems to have overachieved so far this year, I could see them losing to a wild card team round 1. Tampa isn't even 500 on the year. SF is being touted by many as being the best team in the conference, and that may be true, but that is a very flawed offense. Granted they are dinged up right now, lets see how that plays out the next few weeks. Regardless they continue to get shut down by better defenses in the league, and with losses to Atlanta, Chicago, and Denver I'm struggling a bit with buying them as some shoe in for the NFC CG.

So I agree there is a good chance Dallas/Philly meet up pretty quick in the playoffs, but assuming Dallas is the 5 seed I wouldnt rule out a lower wild card team getting an upset in there either, especially Washington. They have a defense that will keep them in games, and while I dont fully buy into their QB that team certainly seems to be. Don't care how good or bad a QB is you get 11 guys on the field who buy in and said QB has some grit with a quality defense you've got a shot to at least make some noise.

Miguelitomama

Reaction score
If the playoffs were to start today it would be Cowboys and Eagles in round 2 of the playoffs (assuming Dallas gets through it's wild card game). And even if things bounce around a fair bit with seeds shifting in remaining games...these two have a very good probability of ending up facing each other a third game this year--in round two.

This is the case even if Dallas wins the division.

I don't want to bore people with the details. If you have questions...I spent a bit of time looking at seeding/playoff format, current standings and odds... Here for you, as always.

*In before someone posts, "Stupid to talk about the playoffs so soon"*

Philadelphia would be tough in their stadium but what could possibly be a sweeter win?

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Maybe but it depends on if we win a game and now the 6 & 7 seeds do. Philly as a 1 seed gets the lowest seeded team I believe

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
I still don't trust Dak, he could come out next week and look like a 4th round reach again. It's looking likely we get a wildcard but I can't see this team stringing together three playoff caliber wins. Too sloppy with penalties (leading the league again) and Dak is Dr Jekyll a Mr Hyde, even OBJ can't compensate for that.
Get your Dak hate in, I know that's what you like guys to do, but show me an NFL QB right now besides a very select few, that you couldn't say the same about.

fivetwos

Reaction score
You’re pretty much on the road the entire playoffs if you’re the 5-6 or 7 barring a massive upset
Looks like another one of those years where the 5 has a better record than the 4 but still goes on the road.

We are pretty much either the 1 or the 5.

The 5 will likely be at Tampa, the 6 at SF and the 7 at Min. Maybe flop those last two….but I think it’s important we avoid SF first, then a trip to Philly. Give me Brady all day in that case.

But yeah, unless teams like Wash, NYG or Seattle are going to pull upsets, there won’t be any home games for us in the playoffs.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If the playoffs were to start today it would be Cowboys and Eagles in round 2 of the playoffs (assuming Dallas gets through it's wild card game). And even if things bounce around a fair bit with seeds shifting in remaining games...these two have a very good probability of ending up facing each other a third game this year--in round two.

I don't want to bore people with the details. If you have questions...I spent a bit of time looking at seeding/playoff format, current standings and odds... Here for you, as always.

Maybe round 2 will be at Jerry World...there is that aspect of it.

blueblood70

Reaction score

sorry, it is , you knew it seeing how you finished our post.. too early to talk playoffs, can we enjoy the next 6? worry about meeting Tom brady whom we have never beta in the wc game first. Just like we thought we were finally going to whop ar12 AND WELL, GOT BEAT.

Baby steps, 6 games left., most like on collision course with TB and TB12, they whooped us game 1..

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
sorry, it is , you knew it seeing how you finished our post.. too early to talk playoffs, can we enjoy the next 6? worry about meeting Tom brady whom we have never beta in the wc game first. Just like we thought we were finally going to whop ar12 AND WELL, GOT BEAT.

Baby steps, 6 games left., most like on collision course with TB and TB12, they whooped us game 1..

Right ... qualify for the playoffs first. Then look at who and where we play.
Even if we end up the 5th seed, we will be a pretty good and strong 5th seed.

Eagles will be a weak 1st seed IMO. As they will play better competition at that point.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Right ... qualify for the playoffs first. Then look at who and where we play.
Even if we end up the 5th seed, we will be a pretty good and strong 5th seed.

Eagles will be a weak 1st seed IMO. As they will play better competition at that point.
no, the top seeds play the worst seeds LOL you have it backwards, the reward is the lowest seeds and if they keep winning sure maybe the NFCCG they will have tough team. 5 play's 4 that typically tough although TB12 is not as good, still its the playoff Tom owns the playoffs and the cowboys,

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
no, the top seeds play the worst seeds LOL you have it backwards, the reward is the lowest seeds and if they keep winning sure maybe the NFCCG they will have tough team. 5 play's 4 that typically tough although TB12 is not as good, still its the playoff Tom owns the playoffs and the cowboys,

Yes I know how it works. You misunderstood what I was saying.

SuperBowlz

Reaction score
As of now it would be
1) Eagles (bye)
2) Vikings vs Commanders (7)
3) 49ers vs Giants (6)
4) Tampa vs Cowboys (5)

Assuming we win we would play Philly round two unless the Commanders or Giants pull off an upset.

beacamdim

Reaction score
Dallas / Philly NFC Championship

Dallas gets the 5 knocks off 4 seed Tampa

Washington wins their playoff game, we go to Minnesota

We then play in the nfc championship in Philly

NFC Championships in Philly have not been kind to Dallas (see: 1980 season).