Why all the negativity?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Ranching, Jun 11, 2021.

1. starfan1

starfan1 Well-Known Member

4,831 Messages
    4,220 Likes Received
    People have opinions and people have players they like and dislike. people also want to be right with their said opinions. Some handle disagreements better than others. Ill just blame jerry cause he is an easy and deserving target.

2. MarcusRock

MarcusRock Well-Known Member

6,153 Messages
    7,052 Likes Received
    I think I saw a few "skcus tterraG" posts out of him but I don't want to assume what was meant by them.

Ranching, Tangle_Foot and Haimerej like this.
  3. Aerolithe_Lion

Aerolithe_Lion Well-Known Member

5,913 Messages
    5,864 Likes Received
    hate to be that guy, but….

4 playoff wins

Flamma, 75boyz and Captain-Crash like this.
  4. ShortRound131

ShortRound131 Well-Known Member

16,639 Messages
    56,774 Likes Received
    PTSD? I can't wait for some football again though.

Ranching and Tangle_Foot like this.
  5. Creeper

Creeper Well-Known Member

4,842 Messages
    6,396 Likes Received
    We're fans. We watch and enjoy it, but we also want to win. Unlike being a player, we don't have the ability to play harder or prepare better. When I am driving my car I am quite confident in my driving abilities. When someone else is driving, I will hold on and white knuckle the entire ride.

Some of us like to be realistic. I see the team, identify what I think is a weakness, and rather than lie to myself and say that player is going to have a breakout year every year, only to be wrong, I say that guy is a weakness and I wish the Cowboys would get someone better to take his place. Is that what you mean by being negative?

Being negative about your team is not unique to Cowboys fans. Watch the movie "Major League" and how they depict Indians fans before and after they start winning. It is what being a fan is.

jnday, Ranching and MountaineerCowboy like this.
  6. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

100,482 Messages
    27,710 Likes Received
    Peoples own defensive mechanism in how they handle disappointment

Melonfeud, dogberry and Tangle_Foot like this.
  7. john van brocklin

john van brocklin Captain Comeback

11,443 Messages
    8,068 Likes Received
    Hard to argue lol

Fastpitch Dad, 75boyz and visionary like this.
  8. Verdict

Verdict Well-Known Member

23,380 Messages
    17,051 Likes Received
    I think some of these people just love pouring urine in their breakfast cereal because they like the taste. Reality is fine. Criticism is fine. Not liking a move is fine. But finding fault with literally every move or non-move made by the Cowboys is just beyond jacked up in my opinion.

I figure some team has to win a SB and every year I am hoping it is the Cowboys. And MOST years, they actually have a shot at getting it done whether they win it or not.

Ranching, blueblood70 and Creeper like this.
  9. Creeper

Creeper Well-Known Member

4,842 Messages
    6,396 Likes Received
    I agree with this. But I think a lot of fans don't see the light at the end of the tunnel because of the one constant - the owner. It is not hard to assume it will be another mediocre season for the Cowboys because we have been conditioned to it in 25 years. I am optimistic that the Cowboys will be a better team than in 2020, but winning a SB is a bridge too far for me. Something is missing from Jerry's teams. The Bucs had it last year. The Chiefs the year before. When the Cowboys players take the field they just don't look like champions and I think Xavier Woods admitted it when he said no one plays hard every play. Maybe getting rid of Woods will change the attitude of the entire team but I don't expect that.

Melonfeud, jnday and Ranching like this.
  10. Tangle_Foot

Tangle_Foot Well-Known Member

5,074 Messages
    21,434 Likes Received
    I'm never negative about the upcoming season, I always look forward to it. Right now I'm just waiting on training camp, hoping it can be both productive and injury-free. If others want to be negative that's out side of my control, for all I know, they could be irritated by my positivity. To each their own, the battle lines of fandom have been drawn. I will remain positive, respectful, and sometimes humorous:)

Let's Go Cowboys! :flagwave:

11. aikemirv

aikemirv Well-Known Member

13,710 Messages
    6,714 Likes Received
    No faith at all in the defense and no faith that Dak could really take us to the Super Bowl. Good QB and all but I have yet to see him really lead a playoff win. He struggles in the second half against tough teams to score points. We saw it many times in 2019. Minn, New Orleans, New England, Philly. 1 GWD since 2018 and that was one play after the onside kick recovery.

morat1959 and jnday like this.
  12. Jammer

Jammer Retired Air Force Guy Zone Supporter

5,138 Messages
    2,916 Likes Received
    Can't argue with that. I grew up KNOWING the Cowboys were going to win. Now, it's the opposite.

13. Hadenough

Hadenough Well-Known Member

6,584 Messages
    7,604 Likes Received
    It's not negative as much as it is pointing out what this team needs to become a real contender.

75boyz, Captain-Crash and Ranching like this.
  14. Ranching

Ranching Zone Supporter

30,319 Messages
    79,080 Likes Received
    Because it's healthier.

15. Ranching

Ranching Zone Supporter

30,319 Messages
    79,080 Likes Received
    Good point!

daboyzruleperiod and CowboyRoy like this.
  16. Runwildboys

Runwildboys Zone Supporter

32,366 Messages
    61,396 Likes Received
    You didn't have to tell us that. We recognize the symptoms.

CouchCoach and Ranching like this.
  17. Ranching

Ranching Zone Supporter

30,319 Messages
    79,080 Likes Received
    Garrett sucks was more of a joke...... although, he did suck!!

18. Ranching

Ranching Zone Supporter

30,319 Messages
    79,080 Likes Received
    So, why are you still here? If they piss you off and frustrate you, why stick with them? I mean that in general terms and not specifically, you...

daboyzruleperiod likes this.
  19. Ranching

Ranching Zone Supporter

30,319 Messages
    79,080 Likes Received
    Apparently so! Y que?

daboyzruleperiod and Runwildboys like this.
  20. ninja

ninja Numbnuts

13,068 Messages
    8,599 Likes Received
    Tampa Bays' GM Light (I think) finally made the playoffs in 2020 in his 7th year with TB. They also won the SB.