Why are big contracts so hard to negotiate 2024?

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Which is why Jerry Jones does the opposite. He runs the Cowboys, not the Eagles, or the Vikings, or the Chiefs. No one in the NFL is smarter than Jerry Jones.
Its easy to hate on Jerry and the sons.

But they really are cap challenged this season.

We all know why. Dak's salary.

kskboys

Reaction score
I hate the Eagles with every fiber in my being, and I will have to shower after I say this, but they never seem to have a problem getting their players signed.
Yes they do. Preseason 23 they had to release Seumalo, Hargrave, TJ Edwards, Marcus Epps, Anthony Harris, Miles Sanders, and CJ Gardner-Johnson.

That's 7 starters. 7. And that was just the starters they released. And this was the biggest reason they imploded in 24. They went w/ Offense, and it backfired mightily.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Yup, and that's why they started losing. Had to let go way too many important pieces, especially on D, to sign all those guys.
They are the most stupid franchise in the NFL. Everyone is talking about it. Lucky that the Cowboys’ owner is a genius. Whew!

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
The real concern here we have a general manager who has been the general manager for 35 years and is pushing 80. Maybe he needs to look in a different direction. But he won’t cuz he is still trying to prove he can win without jimmy but keeps coming up empty.

I say this and in fact I love Jerry. He has been the cowboys, he bought them when they were not worth Butkis and today they worth 7 billion dollars. Time for him to move but we don’t need salary cap boy in his place and I fear that’s what’s going to happen
Shame on you. He’s brilliant.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Its easy to hate on Jerry and the sons.

But they really are cap challenged this season.

We all know why. Dak's salary.
He’s owed $29 million for the balance of this season. Don’t drink the Kool-Aid. Dak’s salary is not the issue. The owner of the Cowboys doesn’t know what he’s doing anymore.