Why are big contracts so hard to negotiate 2024?

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Easy stay in 2024 that's all that matters they don't play two or three seasons all at once it's a year to year league start over next offseason worry about next offseason next offseason right now we have a starting team with a head coach and starting quarterback all under contract all making big time money I expect them all to be here game one play all 17 games plus hopefully go to the playoffs that's it how about that you carry on this team has been paid and is organized for 2024..

anything beyond that does not matter right in the here and now

I love it how y'all bring things up use words like here and now but then we're talking about next year's contracts they're all under contract every single player right now that we need this year is under contract that's all it matters nothing matters for the not here and now cause here and now would be this season and they're all under contract...

next..................................
Parsons is not an issue in any way.

Lamb and Prescott are issues in that they will both be free agents at the end of the season.
I think they should sign Lamb as soon as possible. I have no issue with signing Dak after the season in that you eat this year’s final year now instead of spreading it out into the future. You already owe him 40 million next year that will be loaded into any contract, so don’t include this year’s 53 million with it. The only risk is that some QB needy team with an otherwise good roster offers him a huge payday that you can’t match. At that point, you are in desperate need of a starting QB with no draft capital to speak of.

blueblood70

Reaction score

Lamb and Prescott are issues in that they will both be free agents at the end of the season.
I think they should sign Lamb as soon as possible. I have no issue with signing Dak after the season in that you eat this year’s final year now instead of spreading it out into the future. You already owe him 40 million next year that will be loaded into any contract, so don’t include this year’s 53 million with it. The only risk is that some QB needy team with an otherwise good roster offers him a huge payday that you can’t match. At that point, you are in desperate need of a starting QB with no draft capital to speak of.
Lamb is not a free agent YET.... They can easily be franchised tagged,

I don't know why you think that they're all lost because their contracts about to be up and never heard of the transition and franchise tag?

This is part of the CBA,

Prescott, I thought everyone wanted him gone anyway it's not an issue until it is an issue and even if he's a free agent you think that he won't give Jerry a second chance you know maybe if he shops around after the season ends before March new league year starts and somehow brings back these alleged deals for whatever they might be and then allows Jerry too match?

right now, it doesn't matter 2024 we have a team the rest of it will work itself out or it won't there's no need to sit here and discuss it to death when there's plenty of time... Talk about football training camp what's going on, on the field ,that's all that matters right now to me is game one all these dudes will be suited up the rest of it will work itself out they have an entire year to actually work it out if they want if not they'll tag lamb Parsons is already on his fifth-year option he's got two more years..

so yeah,

Prescott is the person that we should be concentrating on because he's the one holding up everything IMHO everything that's being discussed here with Parsons and lamb as well as the future of Martin, tank ,and diggs are all hinging on Prescott's deal...

if it doesn't get done these guys are going to be traded that is what's going to happen we're going to be rebuilding so be prepared in 2025 for one of those two scenarios to happen Prescott will return with the rest of them, but they're all gone...

But for fans , WHY worry about it, it's either going to happen or not...

right now for 2024 we have a football team...:popcorn::oldcouple:

CCBoy

Reaction score

Either player developments are franchise important or the team changes at the end of this season and Jerry and Stephen can't just look another direction here.

kskboys

Reaction score
Lamb is not a free agent YET.... They can easily be franchised tagged,

I don't know why you think that they're all lost because their contracts about to be up and never heard of the transition and franchise tag?

This is part of the CBA,

Prescott, I thought everyone wanted him gone anyway it's not an issue until it is an issue and even if he's a free agent you think that he won't give Jerry a second chance you know maybe if he shops around after the season ends before March new league year starts and somehow brings back these alleged deals for whatever they might be and then allows Jerry too match?

right now, it doesn't matter 2024 we have a team the rest of it will work itself out or it won't there's no need to sit here and discuss it to death when there's plenty of time... Talk about football training camp what's going on, on the field ,that's all that matters right now to me is game one all these dudes will be suited up the rest of it will work itself out they have an entire year to actually work it out if they want if not they'll tag lamb Parsons is already on his fifth-year option he's got two more years..

so yeah,

Prescott is the person that we should be concentrating on because he's the one holding up everything IMHO everything that's being discussed here with Parsons and lamb as well as the future of Martin, tank ,and diggs are all hinging on Prescott's deal...

if it doesn't get done these guys are going to be traded that is what's going to happen we're going to be rebuilding so be prepared in 2025 for one of those two scenarios to happen Prescott will return with the rest of them, but they're all gone...

But for fans , WHY worry about it, it's either going to happen or not...

right now for 2024 we have a football team...:popcorn::oldcouple:
Then why did you even click on this thread, as it was obvious that's what it was about.

Davidlee1973

Reaction score
After pondering for months, like the rest of us, I still don’t understand why they don’t try to get out ahead of these contracts (Lamb, Prescott, Parsons) and get them signed. To us laymen, it doesn’t make sense. The question begs, “how could they be so ignorant?”. I mean they did with other players like Diggs and some others so why not with these guys? It’s an interesting question and one in which I have no answer. The easy answer you see here daily is, “they’re a bunch of idiots, etc.” But could it be more than that? The GB GM stated how hard these big contracts are and how they take time. Tua may sit out. Aiyuk still unsigned and others. Cowboys aren’t the only team having big contract settlement issues.

It’s going to take someone way over my pay grade who knows the inside and out of NFL contracts 2024 and the CBA. Is there anyone here?
They really aren’t. It’s just Goober and Sons suck at them really bad

kskboys

Reaction score
Don’t blame Jerry.

Dak talked them into the $$$.

Our cap is now jacked.

They are smart to let him walk.
Ummmm, Jerry is the one in charge. Why wouldn't you blame him?

Dak is also to blame for his extreme greed that begot a contract that couldn't be worked w/ to build a contender.

Davidlee1973

Reaction score
Don’t blame Jerry.

Dak talked them into the $$$.

Our cap is now jacked.

They are smart to let him walk.
It’s Jerry. It always been how Jerry is. For 30 years he has been trying to prove he can win without jimmy and for 30 years he has failed. So now they just not going to pay anybody. Dal, cd, Micah. Let them all go. I agree