Why are big contracts so hard to negotiate 2024?

blueblood70

Reaction score
The Cowboys had to pay Diggs because they needed the franchise tag for Pollard.
You didn't realize the fact is Jerry and the Jones family has always paid their players, all of them every single star on this team that's deserved to contract has been offered a fair contract and some of them way too much money got like jalen Smith didn't even deserve the money he got and he was way overpaid but everybody since the day they bought this franchise from the first time I met Smith held out to the second time Mrs. Smith held out they've been paying their players and I don't want to see why this is a big deal it is much more complicated now because these players aren't asking for just being paid top five money in their position anymore their egos have gotten so big and that pie has grown so big these players are demanding to be the highest paid player in the league outside of quarterback they want to be the second highest paid player in the entire league every one of these players are coming up they're they're not negotiating they're demanding.

They are not leaving much wiggle room in negotiations, when they're saying we'll only take the second most money ever handed it out to a non-quarterback...

Trayvon Diggs got done early because he wasn't greedy at the time he signed ,it was the 4th highest cornerback money which makes sense if he feels like he was a top five guy and now it's 5th he slipped the spot...

he's not complaining the man's making big time money but he didn't demand to be the second highest paid player in the league outside of quarterback that is making these negotiations tough it's the agent and the player have a big responsibility to why these things are slower...

And not all agents and players are like this but many of them that are on the Dallas Cowboys think that because they have the star they're entitled they have bragging rights to all their friends and families and fans and on social media,

to say look what I got and I don't like it and yes they deserve to get paid as much as they can get paid but blaming the Jones family for not acting fast enough is leaving out 2/3 of the equation...

blueblood70

Reaction score
Well, if you think it’s not difficult, then please become Cee Dee’s agent.
I agree and I don't think any of us know what the agent and the players are demanding... They all want to blame the Jones family for stuff they don't even know the damn details because we're not allowed to know unless they want us to know like all the nonsense like Prescott demanding 60 million we all feel that's untrue but do we know that's untrue? I doubt that's what he's demanding but negotiations happen behind the scenes with lawyers and agents who are sometimes lawyers and players they're 2/3 of the equation that people leave out they act like the Jones aren't trying to get them signed without realizing that's how other people involved in this..

There's no such thing as a blank check you can't ask an owner no matter how much money you think they have to just cave in to all demands by players.

Davidlee1973

Reaction score
You didn't realize the fact is Jerry and the Jones family has always paid their players, all of them every single star on this team that's deserved to contract has been offered a fair contract and some of them way too much money got like jalen Smith didn't even deserve the money he got and he was way overpaid but everybody since the day they bought this franchise from the first time I met Smith held out to the second time Mrs. Smith held out they've been paying their players and I don't want to see why this is a big deal it is much more complicated now because these players aren't asking for just being paid top five money in their position anymore their egos have gotten so big and that pie has grown so big these players are demanding to be the highest paid player in the league outside of quarterback they want to be the second highest paid player in the entire league every one of these players are coming up they're they're not negotiating they're demanding.

They are not leaving much wiggle room in negotiations, when they're saying we'll only take the second most money ever handed it out to a non-quarterback...

Trayvon Diggs got done early because he wasn't greedy at the time he signed ,it was the 4th highest cornerback money which makes sense if he feels like he was a top five guy and now it's 5th he slipped the spot...

he's not complaining the man's making big time money but he didn't demand to be the second highest paid player in the league outside of quarterback that is making these negotiations tough it's the agent and the player have a big responsibility to why these things are slower...

And not all agents and players are like this but many of them that are on the Dallas Cowboys think that because they have the star they're entitled they have bragging rights to all their friends and families and fans and on social media,

to say look what I got and I don't like it and yes they deserve to get paid as much as they can get paid but blaming the Jones family for not acting fast enough is leaving out 2/3 of the equation...
Good points. Except with Jalen smith they paid him on what they called a team friendly deal hoping it would encourage Zeke to do that same. We know what Zeke did and got. Jerry over paid on two deals. We are still paying for

Davidlee1973

Reaction score
The real concern here we have a general manager who has been the general manager for 35 years and is pushing 80. Maybe he needs to look in a different direction. But he won’t cuz he is still trying to prove he can win without jimmy but keeps coming up empty.

I say this and in fact I love Jerry. He has been the cowboys, he bought them when they were not worth Butkis and today they worth 7 billion dollars. Time for him to move but we don’t need salary cap boy in his place and I fear that’s what’s going to happen

Davidlee1973

Reaction score
Unfortunately, some of these fans don't even think about this. They just assume the money is available to spend.
The fact we are in salary cap hole is because of how Jerry negotiates. His deadlines makes deals philosophy is killing the franchise

blueblood70

Reaction score
Unfortunately, some of these fans don't even think about this. They just assume the money is available to spend.
I'm not reading all that nonsense because I have those guys I'm ignored but I looked over it real quick nobody's going to have to get cut,

that's ridiculous, they know this right now as the team stands we are going to field a competitive team this year, that's all we're worried about but they do know in the back of their mind these deals have to get done, not cut, if they renew Prescott , immediately they can start using his contract to push things down the field then lamb follows and then we start this process all over again....

All teams go through these cycles literally you pay a lot of guys the team starts aging out players get cut you have to pay dead cap, then you have drafted players who they're really good at drafting players now come due, now you have to redo their contracts... this is not new, it's a reciprocal thing it happens all the time they will figure it all out when they need to this moment right now in time they have a team with the same core players that have won 36 games two division titles and been to the playoffs 5 out of the last eight years...

I realize we want to get better and we wanted to see them do more but anytime they want it they will negotiate these contracts either right before the season or right after the season,

I don't know what the rules are they might even do it in the middle of the season five games in they all decide to do them all... All the whining about the three contracts that aren't done when there's plenty of time to do them, it's just useless the team as it stands it's pretty complete outside of probably what 10 or 15 guys to fill in that they're competing in training camp but the core 22 almost all of those decisions are made, we have a team for 2024 that's all that matters...

There is no true deadline right at this moment that have to make fans feel comfortable to get these deals all done, none of these big players are being cut if some reason they might be traded but they're not being cut... They call that being on the precipice ,as soon as the Jones family feels like they are up against a decision like that that's when these deals are all of a sudden just get done...