Why are folks so up in arms?

kskboys

Reaction score
lol..cand you read? I didn't say it was going to be instant, did you not get that when I said why are people up in arms, I'm on record saying cut Big Mike some slack, if folks felt this is the right move, why are they getting ready to leap.
Ah. Sorry, lotsa threads springing up right now. Maybe be more concise.

Dre11

Reaction score
You started the thread mentioning the last staff which you pom pom'd over all the time last year.

Garrett sucks.
again can you read, I mentioned staff and free agents, the majority of the post was the free agent signing and philosophy, which In have criticized here a hundred, but of course y'all are so infatuated with Garrett that all you saw was last staff, I bet you didn't even read past that.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
is it disappointing the season could be over already sure, but I don't get most of you.
a whole bunch of you wanted this or was fine if this happened. most of you wanted the last staff gone at all cost even if it meant they would struggle a couple years(so you said) so many was praising this hire and even proclaiming it night and day difference from the first press conference. so many praised the free agent moves and the change in philosophy on defense, Poe,McCoy,Haha was the saviors.
some here had questions about all 3 of those additions bit it fell on deaf ears. why are so many standing on the ledge now, it's what you wanted and praised.
I highly doubt most of wanted this or are fine with it. I think someone is projecting....

Dre11

Reaction score
Of course anyone with half a brain knows this is false. In other words, there is zero chance Dave Campo wins 6 Super Bowls if he had been the HC in New England instead of Belichick. Any person who thinks coaching is fungible and basically the same across the board should not be taken seriously.

It's actually ironic because I think you are or were a coach and with this one post, you basically just called your own profession un-important and a job any fool can perform.

I am a coach, but I know I can't begin to do what I do without good players to win consistently. the players are on the field playing, not me.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Of course I'd want a better outcome, but given the circumstances, I really don't understand all of the whining. Probably just comes down to some folks aren't going to happy regardless. It is entertaining to see some come undone and we're just half way through the season.

Dre11

Reaction score
I highly doubt most of wanted this or are fine with it. I think someone is projecting....

lol...there's been plenty who said they would take this if a change was made when the question was , what if it's worse?

Sydla

Reaction score
I am a coach, but I know I can't begin to do what I do without good players to win consistently. the players are on the field playing, not me.

And no one has denied that coaches still need talent to win. But you've gone beyond that claiming that basically claiming coaching is fungible. They are all the same. There is basically no difference in coaching.

That's pretty preposterous.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
lol...there's been plenty who said they would take this if a change was made when the question was , what if it's worse?

Mediocrity is the worst spot to be in sports.

Especially when the system rewards you for being bad with the option to get better talent.

Be great or be awful but don't be in the middle.

Dre11

Reaction score
Apparently, it's a pathetic attempt at a 'told ya so' from a guy whose credibility left town when Garrett did.

:lmao:

I notice no mention of the fact that Garrett's offense is in the toilet in New York and scoring the second fewest points per game in the league.

He's proven he's not fit to even be a coordinator.

here comes another Garrett slobber, when you going to let it go? this team is in the dumpster on all level and you're talking about another....lol classic fool.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
is it disappointing the season could be over already sure, but I don't get most of you.
a whole bunch of you wanted this or was fine if this happened. most of you wanted the last staff gone at all cost even if it meant they would struggle a couple years(so you said) so many was praising this hire and even proclaiming it night and day difference from the first press conference. so many praised the free agent moves and the change in philosophy on defense, Poe,McCoy,Haha was the saviors.
some here had questions about all 3 of those additions bit it fell on deaf ears. why are so many standing on the ledge now, it's what you wanted and praised.
I'm just glad Garrett is gone, because he SUCKS!!!!! The rest I can handle, injuries, shortened off season, new staff, lost starting QB, etc. That's part of the game, but having a coach that SUCKED as bad as Garrett as long is we did is sickening.
You and I are on the same page on this one. Say it with me, loud and proud. On 3,2,1 ...... Garrett Sucks!!!!!!! Don't you feel better? Love ya, maaaan!

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I love it.

I'd rather be this then be mediocre.

Burn the forest down and watch it grow back stronger. These losers proved they couldn't win and they rewarded them with big contracts.

You reward failure then players will know thats the standard.

1 playoff win in the last 4 years and we're paying everyone and treating them like rock stars.
You didn't complain when Romo and his bunch got overpaid repeatedly throughout 10 seasons.

Dre11

Reaction score
And no one has denied that coaches still need talent to win. But you've gone beyond that claiming that basically claiming coaching is fungible. They are all the same. There is basically no difference in coaching.

That's pretty preposterous.

yet there's been study that unless you're GREAT coach the difference in wins from what is considered a good coach to what is considered a bad coach is 1.5 games.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
I'm having a great time this season, there's no pressure or stress! I said from the beginning that this season really didn't matter in the grand scheme of things due to the pandemic. If a team wins it all then good for them and if not, just chalk it up to the pandemic season. It's a free pass to tank for all teams in the league.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Non sequitar. Just because the change didn't work out, it does not follow that it wasn't needed. This org needed revamping badly.

What you're missing is that this change was not going to be instant.
I took the OP to mean that people are getting extremely upset that they got what they wanted, and even though they expected growing pains, they're acting as if there shouldn't be any....and I see his point, if that's what it was.

Reactions: G2

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I took the OP to mean that people are getting extremely upset that they got what they wanted, and even though they expected growing pains, they're acting as if there shouldn't be any....and I see his point, if that's what it was.

Sadly, it wasn't. It was a clear attempt at a call-out post, from a guy who is wrong about everything he says. Quite ironic.

Consider yourself lucky that you don't know his track record.

Sydla

Reaction score
yet there's been study that unless you're GREAT coach the difference in wins from what is considered a good coach to what is considered a bad coach is 1.5 games.

1.5 games is pretty large. It's the difference between being a 7-8 win team missing the playoffs and a 9-10 win team that makes the playoffs. There's a pretty big difference between a 10 win team that has to go on the road for the playoffs or an 11-12 win team that might have home field for some games.

You aren't helping your case here. You just admitted that coaching does, in fact, matter. Thanks.

Dre11

Reaction score
1.5 games is pretty large. It's the difference between being a 7-8 win team missing the playoffs and a 9-10 win team that makes the playoffs. There's a pretty big difference between a 10 win team that has to go on the road for the playoffs or an 11-12 win team that might have home field for some games.

You aren't helping your case here. You just admitted that coaching does, in fact, matter. Thanks.

I never said coaching doesn't have it's place, its not what you think it is. wins and losses are determined by players, just as qb wins doesnt matter because it's a team stat, just as qb Superbowl rings doesnt matters, another team achievement, people like to reference those things as some sort of indication of how good someone is, but in reality it's a false indication

Dre11

Reaction score

so someone can read

JonesBoys

Reaction score

Don’t they have like 12 guys on the IR? Between injuries, no off season with a new staff the absolute worst has happened. Can’t judge McCarthy on this. Give me a few years without all these injuries and covid to judge him. Garrett had 10 years I know its still hard for you that he’s gone but to act like we can compare McCarthy to Garrett right now is a joke.