Why are folks so up in arms?

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
In my defense, I didn’t want McCarthy as HC. I wanted someone from the college leagues, or someone with a good defensive mind. When Jason Garrett was fired, McCarthy wasn’t really in my mind as our next HC...
Only 3 HC's have won the Division 1A college National Championship & the NFL SB. Johnson, Switzer & Carroll.

The odds are NOT in your favor.
Ask the Egals fans when they wanted Chip Kelly after winning a College National title. How did he pan out from the college leagues?!

J12B

Reaction score
I love it.

I'd rather be this then be mediocre.

Burn the forest down and watch it grow back stronger. These losers proved they couldn't win and they rewarded them with big contracts.

You reward failure then players will know thats the standard.

1 playoff win in the last 4 years and we're paying everyone and treating them like rock stars.

Completely agree.

2-14 feels much better than 6-10.

2021 Draft baby!

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
is it disappointing the season could be over already sure, but I don't get most of you.
a whole bunch of you wanted this or was fine if this happened. most of you wanted the last staff gone at all cost even if it meant they would struggle a couple years(so you said) so many was praising this hire and even proclaiming it night and day difference from the first press conference. so many praised the free agent moves and the change in philosophy on defense, Poe,McCoy,Haha was the saviors.
some here had questions about all 3 of those additions bit it fell on deaf ears. why are so many standing on the ledge now, it's what you wanted and praised.

I will admit....I was for dismissing the former staff....and I quote myself "come what may". But I haven't really beeched and moaned too much. Sure...a little frustration....especially with my boy zeke.

I really didn't/don;t know enough about GMing/scouting to comment on all the free agent pickups. As I stand right now...a very large buffet of issues plague us...not just one thing or player. Covid of course (all teams had that)....new staff/schemes, injuries, suspensions and disappointing performances by veterans.

That's a big heaping helping of dog food sandwich!

The one thing that gets under my skin is all the QB bickering and chest-thumping. Now THERE'S some hypocrisy for ya!

The very same people who called out others all high and mighty for not supporting Dak are doing it to Andy.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And no one has denied that coaches still need talent to win. But you've gone beyond that claiming that basically claiming coaching is fungible. They are all the same. There is basically no difference in coaching.

That's pretty preposterous.

And the worst thing a wannabe coach could or would ever say.

Anything bad happens? 'It's all on my players man! None of this is my fault!'

The worst example of passing the buck that I've ever had the misfortune to read. Zero personal accountability.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I don't know about being up in arms -- all I know is that this team has broken my heart for what I've been hoping they'd become for many decades. I can't imagine what it would take to change their destiny at this point in time. Whatever it would take to change things, may it happen before it's too late for them to have hope to recover and become champs again before my life on this earth is over. Now, that's something that would make this endless waiting all worthwhile! Maybe the humiliation we're seeing now serve to bring on some desperately needed change. I sure hope so! :oops:

Last edited:

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
is it disappointing the season could be over already sure, but I don't get most of you.
a whole bunch of you wanted this or was fine if this happened. most of you wanted the last staff gone at all cost even if it meant they would struggle a couple years(so you said) so many was praising this hire and even proclaiming it night and day difference from the first press conference. so many praised the free agent moves and the change in philosophy on defense, Poe,McCoy,Haha was the saviors.
some here had questions about all 3 of those additions bit it fell on deaf ears. why are so many standing on the ledge now, it's what you wanted and praised.

When Cowboys win we are all happy when they get torched we are all miserable...

Flamma

Reaction score

Ok. Thanks Mrs. Garrett.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score

LOL, agree. Was not crazy about the coaching hire BUT surely thought the FA signings would have perform better than did. Boy we got sold fool's gold. Those signings goes down as the worse signing ever. It goes down with the ST draft only as dang right horrendous.

Mk2_Cowboys

Reaction score
I think Meathead Mike as head coach was a mistake but I’d go 0-16 if it meant Garrett out . Nothing is worse than Garret . Meat head Mike is Tom Landry compared to the mad clapper .