Why are our fans so scared?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toro9

Reaction score
We've had our hearts broken too many times. Being a Cowboys fan is hard. Much like any other habit or obsession. The highs are awesome and the comedown is debilitating. There's very little reward of ultimate payoff. The epitome of being a Cowboys fan, to me, especially in playoff games, is like constantly reliving the botched Romo snap or Ware jumping offsides on 3rd and 5.

Last edited:

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
I have never seen a fan base of another team. Bash their own players to no end. And this isnt about the QB. I have seen in the threads for the upcoming game people bashing Micah.

Do you have any idea what 31 other teams would do for a Micah Parsons on their team? This is why we are called the worst fan base in sports. We dont appreciate what we have. Ever. Even when Ware was here the same people that were saying "He doesnt show up in the playoffs" are the same people who were complaining that Jerry cut him and he won with Denver.

I understand being a little worried about Sunday. However. Just as our fans like to say the Cowboys havent played anyone. Neither has San Fran. This is really the first test for BOTH teams.

Sit back, crack a cold one and enjoy the ride.
I think it's a fear of the unknown. Which Dallas team will come out to play. If the D is hitting, watch out SF.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I'm not scared. It's a football game and I'm not playing it nor coaching it. I just don't trust that this time Lucy will let Chuck kick the football.

peanuts-charlie-brown.gif

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm not scared. It's a football game and I'm not playing it nor coaching it. I just don't trust that this time Lucy will let Chuck kick the football.

peanuts-charlie-brown.gif
If they score TD's they don't need to be in that situation. Well PAT's, but you get the idea. :muttley:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I personally think we're different this time and that we win this game. However, I have to admit the Ari debacle definitely took some wind out of my sails.
I was kinda just kidding for humor sake.

They just disappoint so often.

Proof

Reaction score
if you've never seen this before you just don't pay attn to other teams/fanbases much. literally every team other than probably the chiefs and patriots do the same things. just the nature of people and sports. we have the added weight of the decades of failure and certain teams continually having our number. but yeah, it's grown old and wearisome for sure.

DallasCowboys2080

Reaction score
I have never seen a fan base of another team. Bash their own players to no end. And this isnt about the QB. I have seen in the threads for the upcoming game people bashing Micah.

Do you have any idea what 31 other teams would do for a Micah Parsons on their team? This is why we are called the worst fan base in sports. We dont appreciate what we have.
nah. i dont think thats the reason.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Do you have any idea what 31 other teams would do for a Micah Parsons on their team? This is why we are called the worst fan base in sports. We dont appreciate what we have. Ever. Even when Ware was here the same people that were saying "He doesnt show up in the playoffs" are the same people who were complaining that Jerry cut him and he won with Denver.

I understand being a little worried about Sunday. However. Just as our fans like to say the Cowboys havent played anyone. Neither has San Fran. This is really the first test for BOTH teams.

Clearly you haven't spent much time around the Philadelphia fanbase. Ask Mike Schmidt what it was like being there.

When teams don't do well, fans invariably bash the best players on the team. It's what they do. If your team consisted of Babe Ruth and 8 tee-ballers, fans would blame Ruth when they didn't make the playoffs: "he doesn't make his teammates better," "he can't win the big one," "he's all about his own numbers, not the team," blah blah blah. Fans are gonna fan, not a thing you can do about it.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Don't see anyone being scared.
I'm scared.

I want my team to win and I'm afraid they won't. It's hard to imagine how a fan could feel otherwise. About any game.

I'll note that a few folks here are scared that we're going to win, because they won't get to play their "adult in the room" role. They're here in this thread denying it, but it's true. Actually, I take that back. They'll just ignore it and go on to predict defeat next week, like they've been doing every week. But anyway, that's a whole different kind of being scared.

Blackspider214

Reaction score

Nearly 3 decades of not even making a conference championship game will do that to you. Even with seasons of having the 1 seed and looking like the best team in the league (or one of them) and always failing in the dvisional round. Seeing real good offensive talent wasted. Good defensive talent, like DWare and now Parsons and DLaw, wasted. This isn't a fanbase that gets all upset just because we don't win it all one year after always doing so (see Patriots fans), like throwing a tantrum.

And those complaints are very valid about Ware and Parsons. They haven't showed up in the playoffs. Ware went to win a ring in Denver because he was surrounded by one of the best modern day defenses and carried that whole team the whole playoffs.

Dallas fans haven't had much to cheer for at all. So yeah, that's why,.

foofighters

Reaction score
I asked the same question in several other threads. Why are some afraid? It really has nothing to do with the past 30 years, or the past 2 years in the playoffs.
But yet they keep throwing that out there. It is like an old sour jokes or stories or topics you hear from the same person(s) over and over.
Get some new material. Past results have nothing to do with future performances.

And I know one of those guys. since 1998 I hear 1 or 2 times a week. Same old crap. Oh how many times have I heard Earl Campbell is the greatest RB ever, college and NFL.
One of the better ones, yes, but so many better ones as well. How many times I hear who is favorite bartender was.

New year, different teams as both teams have a turnover of about 1/3 of the team. Though mostly depth.
SF top team in the NFL, maybe, but they are not unbeatable.
Do you deal in patterns or isolated incidents? When running a business do you make decisions based off patterns and trends or do you make those based off hopes and dreams?

Now, I hope they can win this Sunday night. If we lose, it's not the end of our season and if we play well after this game (if we lose), we will see them again if we make the playoffs so we can build towards revenge. However, a lot of people just don't buy what Jerry is selling anymore. I hope we win, but for me, I just want us to compete. I want a good showing that we can build on and if we win, great.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nearly 3 decades of not even making a conference championship game will do that to you. Even with seasons of having the 1 seed and looking like the best team in the league (or one of them) and always failing in the dvisional round. Seeing real good offensive talent wasted. Good defensive talent, like DWare and now Parsons and DLaw, wasted. This isn't a fanbase that gets all upset just because we don't win it all one year after always doing so (see Patriots fans), like throwing a tantrum.

And those complaints are very valid about Ware and Parsons. They haven't showed up in the playoffs. Ware went to win a ring in Denver because he was surrounded by one of the best modern day defenses and carried that whole team the whole playoffs.

Dallas fans haven't had much to cheer for at all. So yeah, that's why,.
Hmm, so Ware won a SB when the players around him were better than they were when he was in Dallas...and it was his fault that Dallas didn't do better in the playoffs? Okay.

dcstar

Reaction score
The year was 1982...the game was the 49'ers vs Cowboys.

Like the 5th or 6th game of the season I believe...news hype was all about the Cinderella 49'ers with upstart Joe Montana and the Mr Walsh "innovative" west coast offense versus the vaunted Cowboys...game labeled as the "real test" of how good the 49'ers are when playing the mythical Cowboys...result...49'ers win and the rest of the decade is history

Script is flipped 40 years later. 49'ers stood tall. Time will tell if the Cowboys stand tall.

At the end of the day...it is still just a game.

Go Cowboys!

P.S. From memory did not use Bing for info

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Hmm, so Ware won a SB when the players around him were better than they were when he was in Dallas...and it was his fault that Dallas didn't do better in the playoffs? Okay.
Yeah, you completely missed my point. Ware's criticisms when HERE IN DALLAS were absolutely warranted. Just because he went to Denver to win has nothing to do what he did here. He was at fault for his lack of presence and big plays being made when he played here.

Never said it was all his fault for Dallas' troubles on defense in the playoffs. But yes, he was a big part of it.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The year was 1982...the game was the 49'ers vs Cowboys.

Like the 5th or 6th game of the season I believe...news hype was all about the Cinderella 49'ers with upstart Joe Montana and the Mr Walsh "innovative" west coast offense versus the vaunted Cowboys...game labeled as the "real test" of how good the 49'ers are when playing the mythical Cowboys...result...49'ers win and the rest of the decade is history

Script is flipped 40 years later. 49'ers stood tall. Time will tell if the Cowboys stand tall.

At the end of the day...it is still just a game.

Go Cowboys!

P.S. From memory did not use Bing for info
It was 1981 but you have it generally right. The '9ers stomped the Cowboys that day. And then in the NFCCG they barely squeaked by on The Catch in a game that could have gone either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.