Why are people so upset about Jeff Heath

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ok but in 2016 he only was on the field for 20% of the snaps. 2017 84% of snaps he hit his ceiling and was an anomaly. 2018 is who hes been most of his career

OK, the lack of snaps in 2016 is a fair answer, but prior to 2016 he wasn't getting a lot of snaps so those ratings are held in question also.

Personally I feel his true rating is somewhere between what we saw in 2017 & 2018.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I feel like I should be drinking while reading this garbage. Yeh and this is why the team hasn't won a conference championship in 23 years. If we were winning super bowls then the direction makes sense. But that isnt the case.
Hell, be my guest, I was drinking when I wrote it.

Did I say I agreed with the direction they've been taking? I just stopped complaining about it all the time, there's enough of that **** already here. It overflows.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
OK, the lack of snaps in 2016 is a fair answer, but prior to 2016 he wasn't getting a lot of snaps so those ratings are held in question also.

Personally I feel his true rating is somewhere between what we saw in 2017 & 2018.
That would be an average grade of 66.5 where would that put him? I'll look it up since you whined last time............ranked 55th....... bottom half

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Heath makes the team. Until someone we have can beat him out then he is the starter. Hey, I didn’t say you had to like it. Just the facts.. lol.
Won't stop the pissin' and moanin' over something we have 0 control over. A little is OK and expected but a lot is just overkill and mob mentality. Hell, they should have put Heath on the DL in LA. He couldn't have done any worse that those armless DL they had up front.

Xavier187

Reaction score
Because he is trash.
He is a ST player only shouldnt be on the DEF side of the ball at all.
He cant tackle or cover very well.

The thing is he has to stay on ST period. We wont go far with his trash on the field

ESisback

Reaction score
Lol yeah and Iloka is just such a beast(insert eye roll), no offense but he's nothing special at all. Most on the boards are upset because the draft totally seemed to go Dallas way and they had a buffet of safeties to choose from at 58 and even a couple that could have been pretty nice with their second pick and choose to ignore the position. I tend to agree with those that are upset. A great safety could take this defense to the next level and a couple of those that were available at 58 could have possibly done that for this team IMHO.

I tend to agree with those that are excited and intrigued. Most of the “experts” think we’ve improved our team.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Won't stop the pissin' and moanin' over something we have 0 control over. A little is OK and expected but a lot is just overkill and mob mentality. Hell, they should have put Heath on the DL in LA. He couldn't have done any worse that those armless DL they had up front.
Ya know Coach I know that the players don’t take the games the same as we do but I wonder if our Defense will play with a chip on there shoulder this year and won’t forget that game and how they were ran over.. The staff needs to be reminded also. The didn’t exactly do the players any favors.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ya know Coach I know that the players don’t take the games the same as we do but I wonder if our Defense will play with a chip on there shoulder this year and won’t forget that game and how they were ran over.. The staff needs to be reminded also. The didn’t exactly do the players any favors.
They weren't beaten in LA, glimm, they were whipped and humiliated. Any team in the division round of the playoffs give up 275 yards rushing, most of it up the gut to a backup, good backup though, has their butt whipped and their lunch money taken.

If I were the HC, I would make the team, including coaching staff, watch every play of that game to get ready for the regular season. And I wouldn't say a word during it and after it was, mercifully, over I would say one thing and walk out. "That, gentlemen, is the textbook example of us not doing our job".

I am a big believer in the motivation of the avoidance of pain over gain. I would want them to feel that pain again. It's like a boxer keeping the clippings of all of his losses.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
I'm not quite as negative on Heath as others.

Yes he was awful in 2018.

However his 2016 & 2017 seasons were more than acceptable.
He did have some injury issues last season.
I wouldn't be surprised if he did bounce back (some).

Heath was far from awful last year. If the Cowboys cut Heath today, he would have at least 15 offers tomorrow in my opinion.

Xavier187

Reaction score
Heath was far from awful last year. If the Cowboys cut Heath today, he would have at least 15 offers tomorrow in my opinion.
That would be great he could go to the Commanders or Giants and play there at Safety and we can take advantage of him there instead of him with us here

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
He already got replaced as a starter when we signed George Iloka.

There is even the possibility he doesnt make the 53 if cheaper backup options like Wilson, Frazier and/or Thompson show they are worthy of a roster spot
why the hate on heath....even as a back up.....because he doesn't live up to fans high expectations..he is better than frazier or Thompson or wilson

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
Give me the heart of Jeff Heath on every player on this team and we are set. Heath gives it all he has in natural ability. But unfortunately, that ability is limited in scope. He is rotational at best and in spot duty. He plays special teams really well and deserves a place on this team. I'm far, far from a Jeff Heath ha8ter.

Kingofholland

Reaction score

There is even the possibility he doesnt make the 53 if cheaper backup options like Wilson, Frazier and/or Thompson show they are worthy of a roster spot

The Iioka signing doesn't mean Heath isnt the starter, but it may take him off the field a bit more. Also don't think Heath is anywhere near the bubble.

Beaker42

Reaction score

He’s the reason we didn’t advance to the NFCC. He had ZERO idea Goff was going to keep that ball and I was screaming at him that Goff had it. Too late.

kskboys

Reaction score
I'm not quite as negative on Heath as others.

Yes he was awful in 2018.

However his 2016 & 2017 seasons were more than acceptable.

He did have some injury issues last season.

I wouldn't be surprised if he did bounce back (some).
As a downhill S, Heath grades as an 8. In coverage and open field tackling, he's a 3. People are upset that he's a starter, not with him personally.