Why are people worried about the Saints?

Reaction score
Their defense is ranked like 27th with our offense being 3rd. Our defense is in the teens while their offense is 21st. Both of our units are better than their counterparts.

statistical rankings are worthless this early in the season, especially when we've played crap teams and they played the Texans, Rams and Seahawks,,, sheesh

Rayman70

Reaction score
we punched them in the mouth and imposed our will on them early last year. It set the tone.Our D hasn't had a game like that yet this year. THIS would be a great time to do it.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Like last year, you have to key on 2 players in Kamara and Thomas to beat the Saints. We did that perfectly last year with Brees at QB. We should be able to do the same this year.

You can't give them a defensive TD and a special returns TD like Seattle did and put yourself in a hole.

That said, you can't throw the ball in the dirt like RW did all game either!

mrmojo

Reaction score
Our D needs to step up, Kamara is going to be a handful, our LBs need to play well this game.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Saints are very well coached and play twice as well at home.

Fans don't matter but I hope the team is awake when they play them unlike the first half of Miami

basilhayden

Reaction score
statistical rankings are worthless this early in the season, especially when we've played crap teams and they played the Texans, Rams and Seahawks,,, sheesh

No kidding. The great defense against the run last year was chewed up by Gurley's backup in the last game of the season...

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Superdome, Kamara, Thomas and Peyton. That's enough to cause me to worry.

They are going to dink and dunk down the field. Just hold them to FG and Dallas should be ok. Still will be a hard game

glimmerman

Reaction score
Going to be our hardest test yet. They need to execute all night.. That crap show in the first half yesterday can’t happen this week. Looked like Dak got greedy and was costing the Offense. Still played well but has to be better and smarter. That pick should have been him using his legs. Throw should have never happened. And he took a sack from taco. Grrrr... Lol.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If we commit stupid penalties and don't take advantage of turnover opportunities it will be a tough game.

Yes we have a lot to clean up and need to play mistake free. Or play well enough to over come them.
This is what helped NO wins.
They were opportunistic with turnovers and ST's.

Saints did not have a lot of total yards on Seattle half way through the 4th quarter, it was like 265 yards. Kamara was their offense. Stopping him is key, which with the way our D has been, they will not do, at least between the 20's. So again, must limit the scoring.

Seattle offense had around 500 yards on the Saints defense. Yes it was a home game, bad weather, so that may or may not mean as much. So our offense should be able to move the ball. I think they need to run Zeke and Pollard a lot, and stop so many down field throws that are not there. I love the deeper routes and passes. But in the 1st half against Miami, they did not seem to work as well as the 1st 2 weeks. We need Gallup back.

However being a home game in a tough venue to play, against the Dallas Cowboys with revenge on the mind will be a very tough game.

jsb357

Reaction score
noise
national game
SNF
crazy cajuns
BHS (big head syndrome)

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Their defense is ranked like 27th with our offense being 3rd. Our defense is in the teens while their offense is 21st. Both of our units are better than their counterparts.
Dang, I'm surprised they are even playing it out.

TexasBoys2288

Reaction score
The Saint just went into Seattle and kicked their butts. That just doesn't happen. NO is a formidable team. Better on defense and can still score a lot of points.

And the big thing:

Sean Payton > Jason Garrett
Not to mention the Saints were in the NFC Championship game last year, a game our coaching staff has miserably failed to get to in more than 20 years.

Carson

Reaction score
I’m worried Peyton is going to have tricks up his sleeve with Hill

the_h0wey

Reaction score
Maybe because they just beat a good Seahawks team. It's also in New Orleans which is a difficult place to play

3rd_n_inches

Reaction score
Cause if the Saints defeat the Cowboys I won’t hear the end of it even if we win the super bowl.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD WE HAVE TO TAKE THIS TEAMS SOUL