Why are people worried about the Saints?

NumOneQB

Reaction score
Their head coach is head and shoulders above Garrett-top. That alone gives you a shot to win every Sunday. They cannot go into this game like they did Miami just because Brees is out.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
I think it's just more about respecting the fact that they are a team who is coached by Sean Peyton and that even without Brees they are still good enough to win on any given Sunday, especially at home.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
Is this a serious question? They have a solid defense. They have playmakers in offense and are a very well coached team. Also playing in the dome is not easy. This is going to be the first test to see where this team is at. The first 3 games were the JV squads.

cern

Reaction score
"who scares you?"...…………………………...the great bill parcells

Reaction score
Cowboys can't make the mistakes the Seahawks did that cost them the game. Special teams TD, fumble return TD.

That's the stuff that results in losses. Cowboys must avoid mistakes like this at all costs.

johneric8

Reaction score
My take on this game is that the Cowboys are very well prepared to play under Garrett as always, and we all know that they won't give up no matter what because of Garrett's coaching. Having said that, I think we're a better team overall obviously bu they're at home and playing with lots of emotion. If Brees was playing I would chalk this up as a loss, but since Brees isn't there, I really don't think the Saints will be able to totally hang with us through 4 quarters. Most of this is because of the chemistry with Dak and Amari and even Witten. Lets also not forget the Saints suck at stopping the run, I just can't see them hanging 4 quarters, logic tells me they can't unless some crazy voodoo happens. Like I said, if Brees plays I give the saints the win if I had to choose.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Their defense is ranked like 27th with our offense being 3rd. Our defense is in the teens while their offense is 21st. Both of our units are better than their counterparts.

Not to worried about them without Breez. But our defense has issues.

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
Because they can still win and just beat a decent Seahawk team.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Their defense is ranked like 27th with our offense being 3rd. Our defense is in the teens while their offense is 21st. Both of our units are better than their counterparts.
they maybe ranked 27thm, but they played Rams, Seattle and Texans, combined 7-2....while we played Commanders, giants and dolphins, combined 1-7 (probably combined 1-8)....

they maybe missing Brees, but Bridgewater was a talented enough player to be drafted in the first round and is probably the best back up in the league....they still have some weapons. it will be our toughest test and its on the road. its never easy to win on the road in the NFL

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
They have a good defense.

Theyve played Goff and McVay, Russel Wilson, and Watson

We've played the Skins, Giants and Phins defenses

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
My take on this game is that the Cowboys are very well prepared to play under Garrett as always, and we all know that they won't give up no matter what because of Garrett's coaching. Having said that, I think we're a better team overall obviously bu they're at home and playing with lots of emotion. If Brees was playing I would chalk this up as a loss, but since Brees isn't there, I really don't think the Saints will be able to totally hang with us through 4 quarters. Most of this is because of the chemistry with Dak and Amari and even Witten. Lets also not forget the Saints suck at stopping the run, I just can't see them hanging 4 quarters, logic tells me they can't unless some crazy voodoo happens. Like I said, if Brees plays I give the saints the win if I had to choose.

The Cowboys are better prepared on offense because Moore knows how to call plays and formulate a proper game plan. The defense needs some work.

Garrett is doing his usual quality cheerleading show on the sidelines. That fanny smack to Dak after that one TD was quite the motivator.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Night game in the Super Dome, that's a very intimidating atmosphere. They just beat a very good Seahawks team in their own house. The Saints are not a team to be taken lightly.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
They have a good defense.

Theyve played Goff and McVay, Russel Wilson, and Watson

We've played the Skins, Giants and Phins defenses

This does actually look like a trap game. Hopefully that pick put Dak back into reality mode. He was getting cocky. This might be the game the defense gets exposed. Or it could be the game they begin to put it together.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
A night game in the Dome is always a worrisome event. So anything can happen. I personally think we will smoke them. Something like 38-10. Our D is not as bad as many want to exclaim. They are 4th in scoring D, which is really the only stat that matters for defense, to me any way. They also started playing more aggressive after halftime yesterday and totally dominated the Dolphins, 65 total yards in the 2nd half. I am looking for the D to come out without any training wheels on Sunday night and shut down the NO Offense.

johneric8

Reaction score
The Cowboys are better prepared on offense because Moore knows how to call plays and formulate a proper game plan. The defense needs some work.

Garrett is doing his usual quality cheerleading show on the sidelines. That fanny smack to Dak after that one TD was quite the motivator.
We all give hoody doody a hard time, but there is lots that goes on behind the scenes that we aren't privy too.. Garrett does have the players respect, and he has them focused more often than not.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
We all give hoody doody a hard time, but there is lots that goes on behind the scenes that we aren't privy too.. Garrett does have the players respect, and he has them focused more often than not.

Garrett might be likeable. A few Cowboys have mentioned that he isnt an X and O guy. And this was Romo and Witten I believe. The two big leaders of the offense. So they dont respect his football knowledge that is clear. Romo lobbied for more command of the offense before he would resign. Obviously didnt like how Garrett was running the offense.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Because they are a professional NFL team. That's why they should be feared.
And they handled the Seahawks on the road with Bridgewater.
I respect every team on our schedule. Fear, no. Respect, yes.

blueblood70

Reaction score
on the road, hostile environment. great coach and good players.. why wouldn't you worry..

its going into feel like slap in the face or gust of wind to our team to step onto field for the first time this year against a team thats a threat to beat you..

some of you fans are WAY over evaluating this team at 3-0 looking at who they played and when...than after is GB, a few eagles games a rams game and MN and CHi wont be easy..its time and more reason to wprry

our D just isnt clicking...

9darter

Reaction score
I'm not worried about anyone other than Belichick and Brady or Badell and Mara.