Why are so many Cowboys fans obsessed with WR?

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
It's amazing to see how many people are in support of drafting a WR in the first round or even the first 3 rounds. It seems like this is the case almost every year no matter what. This is also in spite of the fact that our two best teams since the 90's were heavy running teams (2014 and 2016). Furthermore, Dak is an average QB so the best thing you can do for him is run the ball more.

Like most years, WR is the least of our worries. We just drafted one in the first round and signed another to a big contract. Washington will be a fine third receiver. We have a million other needs so drafting a WR before round 5 would be incredibly stupid. Unfortunately our front office is also obsessed with WR's so lets hope that none fall to them.
Because we have lost 2 in free agency ?
Asking for a friend.

cowboyec

Reaction score
i'd go for another dez in this offense.
we could use that physicality and passion.
just not on the sidelines.
but you know what.
some of them could use a good yellin' at.

Ren

Reaction score
I love this never ending cycle of the WR position is overrated we don’t need <insert name> to be good, then we suck until we find another one only to once again start acting like we don’t need good receivers.

Remember when we tried to replace Dez with Hurns and Tavon Austin? that went so well we had to trade a 1st for a WR to save the season. Now here we are again

TheHerd

Reaction score
Who the hell is "everyone"? I think the vast majority of everyone thinks they're average to crappy.
I hear so many times - on here and in the media - that the Cowboys talent and the results don't match up. I couldn't disagree more with that assessment. We are a team of average to below average players at most positions, with some glaring weaknesses which are never addressed.

kskboys

Reaction score
I love this never ending cycle of the WR position is overrated we don’t need <insert name> to be good, then we suck until we find another one only to once again start acting like we don’t need good receivers.

Remember when we tried to replace Dez with Hurns and Tavon Austin? that went so well we had to trade a 1st for a WR to save the season. Now here we are again
Is that like the cycle of overvaluing WR's so much that we use major resources to get them and then lose because we had other positions that needed addressing worse?

Remember when we gave up major high picks for Galloway, RW, and Cooper and they didn't make us appreciably better?

morasp

Reaction score
Fix the trenches and the offense and defense will improve. The FO knows we got pushed around by the 49ers. Lamb and Washington will be WR1 and WR2 until Gallup returns. They can find a WR3 in the draft to compete with Brown and Fehoko and who will become WR4/5 with Gallup's return

Last edited: