Why are the Rangers so bad

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
I recall the ATLANTA BRAVES SWINGING-IN with there Jane Fonda inspired 'tomahawk chop' back when& the ARIZONA DIAMONDBACKS fielding that BIG UNIT, TOO!
other than that, if the team ain't got 4or 5 TY COBBS on the ROSTER,,, it's of little to no importance in my vast orbito_O

thanks fer' this soap-box gang!:thumbup:

triplets_93

Reaction score
I would very much like to support The Rangers by attending games at the stadium. But, until they get the new enclosed stadium built, I will not risk driving all the way to Arlington, to be rained out, or to suffer in either sweltering heat, or, as I experienced in April one year in the upper deck, a cold wind blowing throughout the game in what felt like 40 degree temperatures that night!

triplets_93

Reaction score
I would very much like to support The Rangers by attending games at the stadium. But, until they get the new enclosed stadium built, I will not risk driving all the way to Arlington, to be rained out, or to suffer in either sweltering heat, or, as I experienced in April one year in the upper deck, a cold wind blowing throughout the game in what felt like 40 degree temperatures that night!

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
I think your wish is coming sir

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ryan was against trading the farm for rentals. It depleted their farm system and left them no WS wins to show for it. They should have been trading anyone with value this year, but missed the boat.

Yep. And now their farm system is in the lower half of all of baseball.

Their lineup has a little talent. The starting pitching is an absolute train-wreck. They needed a couple of their youngsters to become something good at the major league level and it never happened.

RodeoJake

Reaction score
Yep. And now their farm system is in the lower half of all of baseball.

Their lineup has a little talent. The starting pitching is an absolute train-wreck. They needed a couple of their youngsters to become something good at the major league level and it never happened.

Their starting pitching is a joke, nothing but retreads and guys lacking big league stuff. Their lineup is mostly aging vets and AAAA players. MLB rosters are dotted with their former farm hands. To make matters worse, they haven't drafted well in recent years. Until they dump Daniels, they'll be a train wreck.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Banister just got fired. Yep, I miss Nolan Ryan. Amazing how our pitching started tanking, and making terrible roster moves/trades after he left.
:facepalm:

Not sure Bannister should be the "fall guy".

The front office did him no favors.

The farm system is a shadow of its former self due to questionable trades and the few pitching prospects they did have simply did not pan out.

jrumann59

Reaction score
I think its an over reliance and over valuing the farm system. Cardinals fall into it a lot of teams fall into in, yes the farm system is important being able to keep your farm system stocked is what makes good teams great, it can also make good teams horrible. The farm systems allow you grow your own players but over relying on those players and not using FA to bolster a position can make your team weak. If you have top prospect 1st baseman but he is 3-4 years away from major playing time you should go out and sign a FA that fits your needs, if your prospect shoots through the farm system trade the vet, if the prospect fails you still have the vet in the fold. I see too many on the fence teams stand pat on position because they think their prospects are ready to make a jump.