Why are we at least not trying to run?

burmafrd

Reaction score
Bledsoe is not having a good day- so why are we not trying to run?
At least to mix it up if nothing else. Draw= have we even tried a draw?

Ken

Reaction score
burmafrd said:
Bledsoe is not having a good day- so why are we not trying to run?
At least to mix it up if nothing else. Draw= have we even tried a draw?
Bledsoe has 349 yards..... no good?

burmafrd

Reaction score
2 picks and that is not a good day. Have we tried a few draws- should work with as much as we are passing?

DLCassidy

Reaction score
burmafrd said:
2 picks and that is not a good day. Have we tried a few draws- should work with as much as we are passing?

One of those picks Glenn bobbled into the air. That's the QB's fault?:confused:

NickZepp

Reaction score
1.5 ypc in the 2nd half. That's a good reason not to run. Offense wasn't the problem in the game. Defense in the first half was the problem. I love what I saw from the D in the 2nd half though.

Gaede

Reaction score
Bledsoe had an excellent game.
But I was extremely frustrated with Payton's playcalling in the second half. Virtually every first down play was a play action pass that resulted in nothing.

Julius was on his way to having a monster game-so was Witten. What do we do in the second? Ignore both players

I think Payton tries to be too cute. Just go with what works

Kevinicus

Reaction score
I think the 49ers adjusted to stop the run and witten, which is why glenn and keyshawn both came up big in the 2nd half. And those playaction passes. One drive was 3 in a row for about 70 yards. They provided a lot of time, and a few big plays.

canters

Reaction score
We seem to have trouble consistently rushing the ball so far,,this will improve as the year goes on and the guys get used to each other. When we are able to control the LOS more consistently, we will be a much better team. Right now, we are better at pass blocking that run blocking.

burmafrd

Reaction score
JJ only had like 2 carries in the fourth; 7 or so the whole second half. AND NO DRAWS!!!