Why are we in a rush to sign Dak?

Mannix

Reaction score
Listen to the records predicted to the question at 8:42. What would the prediction be if it were another NFL QB that you really trusted? We all know who those QB's are. If we are predicting 1-3 or 2-2, what in the hell does that say about confidence in Dak's ability to go on a playoff run against the better teams? Especially if it's the Wild Card route. I think their answers SPEAK VOLUMES about the actual situation we are in, which is Booger and Chuckles inability to switch gears on the fly. I would call it paralysis by analysis, but that would be incorrect....there is zero analysis going on....only paralysis due to their own lack of confidence in making Howie Roseman type decisions. Signing Dak prior to letting 2023 run its course, would be asinine beyond belief.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I’m not sure that they are. They are saying everything right in the media but once they restructured his deal why would they be in a rush to extend dak before next offseason? His cap hit is reasonable for 2023 and he can be a June 1st cap casualty next year if they truly want to move on. If dak improves over his 2022 season then you can revisit another extension. I’m skeptical something gets done prior to Feb 2024.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I have no problem making Dak play 2023 and determine what he deserves in an extension. I also want to see Dak force his agent to give the Cowboys a discount if an extension is given to Dak. If Dak and his agent refuse to give a discount, definitely draft his replacement early in next year's draft. Tired of overpaying QBs, especially those who hold the team hostage.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I have no problem making Dak play 2023 and determine what he deserves in an extension. I also want to see Dak force his agent to give the Cowboys a discount if an extension is given to Dak. If Dak and his agent refuse to give a discount, definitely draft his replacement early in next year's draft. Tired of overpaying QBs, especially those who hold the team hostage.
They did that last contract and it burnt them in the end. I’m all for extending him as soon as possible.

RS12

Reaction score
I am actually impressed.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Thats all I've ever wanted to hear you say.

Mannix

Reaction score
-----I have no problem making Dak play 2023 and determine what he deserves in an extension. I also want to see Dak force his agent to give the Cowboys a discount if an extension is given to Dak. If Dak and his agent refuse to give a discount, definitely draft his replacement early in next year's draft. Tired of overpaying QBs, especially those who hold the team hostage.

Should have drafted Aiden O'Connell in the 4th like Corky wanted to do....for once I agreed with him.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Because he's set to make nearly $60 million next year and cutting him would cost us $62 million.

AmericasTeam81

Reaction score
Listen to the records predicted to the question at 8:42. What would the prediction be if it were another NFL QB that you really trusted? We all know who those QB's are. If we are predicting 1-3 or 2-2, what in the hell does that say about confidence in Dak's ability to go on a playoff run against the better teams? Especially if it's the Wild Card route. I think their answers SPEAK VOLUMES about the actual situation we are in, which is Booger and Chuckles inability to switch gears on the fly. I would call it paralysis by analysis, but that would be incorrect....there is zero analysis going on....only paralysis due to their own lack of confidence in making Howie Roseman type decisions. Signing Dak prior to letting 2023 run its course, would be asinine beyond belief.

Because we would be in cap hell bro and we would never recover. It would be worse than not winning anything for 27 years.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
They did that last contract and it burnt them in the end. I’m all for extending him as soon as possible.
Good! Use next year's 1st or 2nd round pick on a QB, plus sign a free agent vet on a team friendly 2 year deal. Gives the rookie time to get ready.

Or do you prefer paying $50+ million/year while limiting even more the team's salary cap going forward with so many other key players due for a contract extension?

I want to hear how your plan would work.

Remember, there is no bigger Dak supporter around here than me, but there comes a point where you simply can't keep overpaying any QB at the detriment of the team.