Why are we in a rush to sign Dak?

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Just where does one place Aaron Rogers, who brought Green Bay back twice to beat Dallas in the playoffs.
And what happened after those games? Did Rodgers bring his team to a SB win?

No, he lost both NFC championship games after those Dallas victories. So as a GB fan (not saying you, I'm saying somebody who was) were you happy with Rodgers having a comeback win? Is that what makes a season a success, beating the Dallas Cowboys? Maybe so, but that's a pretty pitiful bit of satisfaction....

Blitzen

Reaction score
ahh, you are now into bundling (perhaps you work for progressive!).....

I didn't defend or point out the successes. I asked questions and subsequently didn't subscribe to the mindset that everything singularly is one person's fault. then you and others (see how it works) like to call that defending and pointing out successes.

so you think that rushing 48 yards with your RBs is an OL playing well? Dak rushed for 22 out of broken plays, scrambling. you think that's acceptable play? in the meantime they rushed for 105 yards....then by that measure, their OL was exceptional

and any Dak thread tends to meander to all kinds of things, regardless of what it started as.
I had said as much, that we shouldn't extend.

and btw, your Rush Crush had the offense average in the 20s across almost all statistical categories including scoring. so no, the team couldnd't score with rush. the defense holding the other team down and scoring helped us. it was painfully obvious Rush fell apart. got lucky against Rams with defenses gifting them 9 points. the wheels came off against Philly. if you think he is the answer, then sorry you are clueless. no need for further discussions.
Where are you headed with the Rush stuff? My point was the team did not need a good QB to beat cruddy teams and even good teams. They lost to the eventual NFC champions on the road. The scheme was extremely conservative in every game to avoid big mistakes (but would also decrease point output). They scored enough points to win-so I guess the team could score with Rush. The team does not need Dak to beat most teams in this league. You agree don’t you?

The team faced the best defense in the league-which tends to happen the farther you get in the playoffs. Very difficult to run on that defense. Even Philly struggled for awhile till the defense tired out because SF had no QB or offense.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Where are you headed with the Rush stuff? My point was the team did not need a good QB to beat cruddy teams and even good teams. They lost to the eventual NFC champions on the road. The scheme was extremely conservative in every game to avoid big mistakes (but would also decrease point output). They scored enough points to win-so I guess the team could score with Rush. The team does not need Dak to beat most teams in this league. You agree don’t you?

The team faced the best defense in the league-which tends to happen the farther you get in the playoffs. Very difficult to run on that defense. Even Philly struggled for awhile till the defense tired out because SF had no QB or offense.
my point is that Rush deteriorated very quickly and he would and did struggle beating cruddy teams. we saw the same story with Dalton, he struggled. Dalton is >>>> Rush.

and was detroit a crudy team? was Minn a crudy team? were the giants a crudy team? was philly a crudy team?

nobody plays a season filled with teams who are all great. there are crudy teams. there are good teams. there are average teams.

so if you are insinuating we would have similar results with Rush as opposed to Dak, then you either don't understand football or you have an agenda to drive. because nobody in their right mind would think we can win with Rush on a consistent basis.

and this team has to get over their niners hump and be able to play tough, physical football and not this soft, shifty offense we play. the offense folded when they got punched in the mouth. that includes Dak.

Blitzen

Reaction score
my point is that Rush deteriorated very quickly and he would and did struggle beating cruddy teams. we saw the same story with Dalton, he struggled. Dalton is >>>> Rush.

and was detroit a crudy team? was Minn a crudy team? were the giants a crudy team? was philly a crudy team?

nobody plays a season filled with teams who are all great. there are crudy teams. there are good teams. there are average teams.

so if you are insinuating we would have similar results with Rush as opposed to Dak, then you either don't understand football or you have an agenda to drive. because nobody in their right mind would think we can win with Rush on a consistent basis.

and this team has to get over their niners hump and be able to play tough, physical football and not this soft, shifty offense we play. the offense folded when they got punched in the mouth. that includes Dak.
The team won consistently with Rush. He was 5-1 as a starter. He did not deteriorate (they just played a much better team). Rush is not a good QB. Yes, I believe the win/loss results would have been similar (perhaps 2 more losses) in the regular season with Rush playing. Less points scored in total for both teams playing (not just the Cowboys).

Dalton had a decent season with a bad Cowboy’s team in 2020 (one of the worst defenses in the franchise history).

The results he put out prove the team did not need Dak to beat the other squads. They beat Cincinnati with Rush lol (one of the final four teams).

CCBoy

Reaction score

No, he lost both NFC championship games after those Dallas victories. So as a GB fan (not saying you, I'm saying somebody who was) were you happy with Rodgers having a comeback win? Is that what makes a season a success, beating the Dallas Cowboys? Maybe so, but that's a pretty pitiful bit of satisfaction....
I certainly don't think this is a capital L on the forehead grounds...you?

DeaconMoss

Reaction score

What is a NFC championship game? I thought the playoffs only had one round.

DeaconMoss

Reaction score

Give me a shanahan protege coach and a couple of rookie dual threat qbs and Dallas will win just as many games and save a kings Ransom to dedicate to the trenches, defense and playmakers. This season we are forced to watch the same terrible movie that we have seen the trailer and outcome for many times over. Yes the Shanny system is that good, always has been and Dak is that bad. For real. If Daddy Mike Shanahan was coaching now with all this dual threat talent he would have won a million games. An NFL team can win just as many games if not more with young versions on cheap deals with QBs like Danny dimes Mariotta RG3 Jimmy G hurts and fields as any of the avg joe wanna be traditional qbs like Dak Cousins and Carr. But if ur gonna run that system you need at least 2 bc they will get hurt. BTW what was the name of the waterboy who beat Dallas playing QB for SF? My point exactly.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
what!!???
Exactly....you haven't actually read anything I've written. You've ASSUMED I have an agenda of Anti-Dak and gone on your usual rant.
This thread is about the rush to extend him now in 2023 (which I wouldn't), but if he doesn't show that he can step up and show he's got the temperament and an ability I think it's time to move on when the positives are the good QB draft class and our CAP situation means we could even make a splash in FA.

HotDog37

Reaction score
We are (Jerry is) in a rush to sign Dak for the very same reason he was so very hesitant to let go of Jason Garrett.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Exactly....you haven't actually read anything I've written. You've ASSUMED I have an agenda of Anti-Dak and gone on your usual rant.
This thread is about the rush to extend him now in 2023 (which I wouldn't), but if he doesn't show that he can step up and show he's got the temperament and an ability I think it's time to move on when the positives are the good QB draft class and our CAP situation means we could even make a splash in FA.
no, on the contrary. I haven't assumed. its a fact, as you have shown yourself, answering things irrelevant to the comment, trying to stick to your script. its all there in the comments that can no longer be deleted.

and once again, you stick to your script..."rant" what rant.....if you actually read anything, no, let me rephrase, if you actually read your own posts, anyone would clearly see who is ranting.

and this thread, just like any other Dak thread, veers into 100 different topics about Dak. now, you try to steer it back to original topic...seriously dude. its a Dak thread. read through the 25 pages and see for yourself.

btw, we have 20M on the cap last year. 20M on the cap this year. and given the script you tend to follow which FAs should we have signed and couldn't that would make a difference on this team. tell us more....

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
no, on the contrary. I haven't assumed. its a fact, as you have shown yourself, answering things irrelevant to the comment, trying to stick to your script. its all there in the comments that can no longer be deleted.

and once again, you stick to your script..."rant" what rant.....if you actually read anything, no, let me rephrase, if you actually read your own posts, anyone would clearly see who is ranting.

and this thread, just like any other Dak thread, veers into 100 different topics about Dak. now, you try to steer it back to original topic...seriously dude. its a Dak thread. read through the 25 pages and see for yourself.

btw, we have 20M on the cap last year. 20M on the cap this year. and given the script you tend to follow which FAs should we have signed and couldn't that would make a difference on this team. tell us more....
You can't get your head around anything other than classifying anyone that voices a concern as a Hater.
My position (as has been shown throughout the thread) is wait until we see what happens in 2023...you can't grasp that as it doesn't fit your script.
CAP isn't the main reason to wait, its that there's no point being tied into an aging QB if he can't step up a Championship. In anycase I wouldn't discuss CAP with yourself as you just aren't knowledgeable enough to even mention prorated bonus and the effects on the CAP moving forward...and not falling for your deflection of the topic = the rush to extend Dak.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
You can't get your head around anything other than classifying anyone that voices a concern as a Hater.
My position (as has been shown throughout the thread) is wait until we see what happens in 2023...you can't grasp that as it doesn't fit your script.
CAP isn't the main reason to wait, its that there's no point being tied into an aging QB if he can't step up a Championship. In anycase I wouldn't discuss CAP with yourself as you just aren't knowledgeable enough to even mention prorated bonus and the effects on the CAP moving forward...and not falling for your deflection of the topic = the rush to extend Dak.
wow, the pot calling the kettle black. well color me surprised. I didn't expect anything less from you. and once again, as usual on queue. where did I call you a hater in my last response? but yeah, you are seeing ghosts. I get it. it says so in the script and you have no choice but to follow it.

btw, I never disagreed with not extending him until we see what happens in 2023, but your script says, if they don't hate on dak, they must be a supporter, if they are a supporter they must want to extend, so I am going to make accusations, truth be damned.

p.s.
I appreciate you mimiking me and now accusing me of following a script. I love having a follower.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
wow, the pot calling the kettle black. well color me surprised. I didn't expect anything less from you. and once again, as usual on queue. where did I call you a hater in my last response? but yeah, you are seeing ghosts. I get it. it says so in the script and you have no choice but to follow it.

btw, I never disagreed with not extending him until we see what happens in 2023, but your script says, if they don't hate on dak, they must be a supporter, if they are a supporter they must want to extend, so I am going to make accusations, truth be damned.

p.s.
I appreciate you mimiking me and now accusing me of following a script. I love having a follower.
You're one of the strangest poster's on here?