Why are you even here claiming your Fandom?

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Well for some venting is healthy, as Sydia said what we say or think has no impact on the team. If anyone thinks Jerry reads these posts, think again. Jerry is about the most confident person there is, even if he does read the posts he'd just say he's the expert, not the fans, he appreciates their pain, and he's working on the problem, "it'll be ok". Which is what he's said already of course, just don't know if it's from reading fan blogs or somebody tells him what the fan blogs say.

Fans feel like they have to do SOMETHING, if they can't sign or draft players or sign coaches or run the team, then they can scream and yell and curse (not on her of course) and complain. Maybe it doesn't help the team, but it releases some of the frustration...

cern

Reaction score
i am often vilified, even excoriated for my support of stephen. i was disappointed when he said some players don't see their qb taking a cheap shot to the head. but was overjoyed when we started culling out the likes of poe and worley and trading griffen. ambiguous? ambivalent? homer? negative nancy? who really cares.

ICP

Reaction score
Of course, I will always be a Cowboys fan. I do freely admit to there's that it's not pleasant and the team won't go anywhere until Jerry is no longer GM though. I also have refused to purchase any Cowboys merchandise or financially support them team in any way for quite a few years.

Brax

Reaction score
i am often vilified, even excoriated for my support of stephen. i was disappointed when he said some players don't see their qb taking a cheap shot to the head. but was overjoyed when we started culling out the likes of poe and worley and trading griffen. ambiguous? ambivalent? homer? negative nancy? who really cares.
iu

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
But there are some fans who come on here for camaraderie with other fans as they don’t have Cowboy fans in their area to enjoy the success with or discuss their concerns.

When I lived in South Florida, pre internet, I craved for Cowboys news. Now the Palm Beach Post had a great sports section, especially game day coverage in the Sunday morning paper. They also had great draft coverage.

ESPN was still getting going, added ESPN2. That was when Suzy Kolber left the local WPB fox sports news and went to ESPN2, and CNN even had a sports show. But other than the USA Today sports, that was it.
I would have loved this place for the news and updates back then...and still do...
I then got my subscription to the Dallas Cowboys Weekly, but it was still not enough for me. Even when we got the internet, it was not like it was today. And there was one forum on the old usenet service for Cowboys, then it was a bunch of idiots, no real news.

After I moved here to the DFW area, I thought, I would get everything I needed, and sports sites exploded with news.
however, I still check in here 1st for any news and articles, ever since 2003 when I 1st found this place. Though now it is mostly tweets as news. :laugh:

As frustrating as this place can be at times. It is still a once stop shop to get it all, good and bad. :muttley:

blueblood70

Reaction score
Of course, I will always be a Cowboys fan. I do freely admit to there's that it's not pleasant and the team won't go anywhere until Jerry is no longer GM though. I also have refused to purchase any Cowboys merchandise or financially support them team in any way for quite a few years.
this is NOt about the Lack of support or positive posts its about the threads going out of the way to be hateful, angry , and nothing but anti cowboy sentiment.. no need for those either..no one asking for more support or to be positive for no reason but to be basically an eagles fan in sheep's clothing is another..wishing for losses and further embarrassment to SHOW that bad owner..

Right thats a fan for sure hoping we get our azzes kicked Sunday night.. no its not dont make it like oh but we get better draft pick,. sorry fans do NOT ever hope we lose especially to a NFCE rival or the packers or Steelers..that an anti fan.. someone who believes they are fan but truly deep inside its time to accept that our ownership wont change and hope each season can be better then the last..living in the past and constant negativity, well what good does that do?

its wont change you are stuck with Jerry and Stephen and no GM .. get over it accept it if not my point is move on because the DC you are hoping for doesnt exist..

Reactions: ICP

Aven8

Reaction score
I’m at peace because I got my wish, JG is gone.

I’ve now moved that to Jaylon.

I get the posters wanting to lose out for picks. It seems like a lost cause this year. Having said that, there is nothing more that I would love to see Ben, have the game of his young life and beat the Eagles on SNF for all of America to see and take over 1st place!

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
80% of the posts around here are negative , they go beyond the normal chatter of an unhappy disappointed fan..

Its insane , most of the suggestions are off the chart ridiculous and cant and wont be done, especially for the constant call for the Jones to sell the team or hire a GM and change the way they do things, its NOT CHANGING. if that what you are waiting for pack it up..

I'm here for the long-winded posts lecturing other people about their fandom.

Sydla

Reaction score
the negative posts go far beyond whining about loses and on field play or coaching..they are ridiculously out of control. Seriously if you cant see that , well you are in denial..

and no its not im better fan then anyone its that REAL Fans do not go to this extreme to rip an organization to this level knowing all well its not changing!!

so again,

those that seem to hate 100% of everything Cowboy related, you know the ones that state 25years narrative, state they dont like the owners , GM, or FO structure as to why its business as usual and nothing will change..

if nothing will ever change and you know this, why are you here, why are you still watching and claiming your fandom?

It's NOT GOING TO CHANGE ANYTIME SOON..so give uo the posts on the wishes that it were, they are clogging up the zone for no reason..

This is some of the most ridiculous logic I have ever heard.

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Fans can complain. Fans can be upset with the product that is put on display. Nothing wrong with being critical.
Now some take it way overboard and probably need an enema because they are too full of themselves, their shtick and persona...but nothing wrong with complaining or criticizing the team.

jsb357

Reaction score
claiming your Fandom

The first step to solving a problem is admitting there is one.

For years we've heard "players need to execute better " or "we like our guys".

Meanwhile the "on the field" product continues to suffer for several reasons.

Some fans don't like the "on the field" product as presented
and voice their opinions.

I for one have no problem with that.

Crad|e

Reaction score
I read about half that.. Take your own advice..this is a public forum people are allowed to say whatever they like. Maybe your the one that needs to pack up and move along..

CoachD

Reaction score
Been a Cowboy's fan for around 45 years now but I know the difference between objective and subjective and when I watch these Cowboys it's easy to be honest instead of waving the pom-poms!

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
So the dude doesn't like the team being treated the way he treats Dak?