Why are you even here claiming your Fandom?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I always find it odd that when a once great franchise goes through a quarter of a century of failure that the fans were negative about it.
When you say it that way, I agree. Quarter of a century doesn't sound as bad as 25 years, usually followed by a !

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
80% of the posts around here are negative , they go beyond the normal chatter of an unhappy disappointed fan..

Its insane , most of the suggestions are off the chart ridiculous and cant and wont be done, especially for the constant call for the Jones to sell the team or hire a GM and change the way they do things, its NOT CHANGING. if that what you are waiting for pack it up..

IM not sure why you are on DC related forums and SM outlets. If they make you that upset and unhappy, seriously why are you here?

whining and demanding things this that wont change is insane, its the definition of insanity..

its like we are in sports version of groundhog day around here, everyday the same thing the front page is littered with hate and negativity..

the Same thing for cutting and trading everyone, seriously , thats not happening we have the contracts we all might no t like but there's a cap and they wont blow this up the way you want, thats not changing..

so why wait around to be unhappy , upset, mad, and the famous word around here ," IM DONE".. Really if you were truly done, why do you feel the need to come to a DC named forum and do nothing but rip the team..

..its like you all are in a toxic relationship, one where you are being abused and stay and think you cant leave , yet you stay and stay unhappy..like you dont have choice, YOU DO..

Its one thing to be upset and disappointed as i'd say all of us are right now but hate and rage, nothing but emotional outbursts and hope for losses..thats NOT what Fan who truly is what we call a diehard reacts..

BTW lets stop forgetting that we are not just an injured team, we are decimated with injuries' at every key position on the team and now on our 3rd qb...knowing this but seeing new posts about how we are worse then this team or that one and can be beat by a college team right now , yet , some of you have amnesia to what actually is suiting up is NOT the DC TEAM, its a team fielded to honor the schedule but no where close to the team that was supposed to play..

Its one thing to try and cover up 2-4 injuries to key players but that not the case the entire OL is backups or backup to backups, thats the most important group on the field IMO.. Without them it doesnt matter who plays QB , RB, or WR.. I mean Dak might have made few more plays but IMHOP Dalton would be fine with the same OL dak had the first 3 games but thats changed even more, the blocking so bad they can't run, leads to teams being able to play a simple defense to equally play the pass or run to point where its max coverage and 4 man lines are getting to the qb in 2 secs, no one can function in that type of offense,

sad this board finds every nook and cranny to hate on our own team. Every last keystroke this year is hate posts.

i remember when the Cowboy Zone was more strict and only related to DC posts were allowed, hows this relate we played them beat them and its different team we have now than back then but they mean nothing to us right now,.,

dismissing the injury list we have as an excuse when its the #1 reason we are in a lost season right now..the defense is bad but injuries' have cost us a chance to rebound..it started before game 1 and snowballed but some fans hate are so blind they choose to Omit the obvious,

INJURIES DECIMATED THIS TEAM AND IS THE REASON FOR THE LAST 2 WEEKS BEING OUR WORST NON COMPETETIVE GAMES OUTCOMES..SERIOUSLY WAKE UP, I KNOW ITS COMMON TO SAY NO EXCUSES AND NEXT MAN UP BUT THE HATE FOR THE TEAM FROM THE TOP DOWN HAS CAUSE DTHIS PLACE TO BECOME TOXIC WITH HORRIBLE FANS..YOU ALL HAVE NO CHARACTER TURNING ON YOUR TEAM WHEN THEY ARE DOWN , YET YOU EXPECT THE TEAM AND PLAYERS FOR MORE ON THE FIELD..

SHAME!!!

If you hate your team so much why do you come here and talk about them, is that your end game have an account to simply bash your team?

you aren't changing the owners , FO or structure

so if thats your contention to why you no longer support the team, its time to go that wont change for another decade at least,.

the Jones will be here..so go look for another place to make your day more merrier, this obviously isnt because they are more anti cowboy sentiment in here then actually support..

kick them while they are down, right thats real fan..
80% of the posts around here are negative , they go beyond the normal chatter of an unhappy disappointed fan..

Its insane , most of the suggestions are off the chart ridiculous and cant and wont be done, especially for the constant call for the Jones to sell the team or hire a GM and change the way they do things, its NOT CHANGING. if that what you are waiting for pack it up..

IM not sure why you are on DC related forums and SM outlets. If they make you that upset and unhappy, seriously why are you here?

whining and demanding things this that wont change is insane, its the definition of insanity..

its like we are in sports version of groundhog day around here, everyday the same thing the front page is littered with hate and negativity..

the Same thing for cutting and trading everyone, seriously , thats not happening we have the contracts we all might no t like but there's a cap and they wont blow this up the way you want, thats not changing..

so why wait around to be unhappy , upset, mad, and the famous word around here ," IM DONE".. Really if you were truly done, why do you feel the need to come to a DC named forum and do nothing but rip the team..

..its like you all are in a toxic relationship, one where you are being abused and stay and think you cant leave , yet you stay and stay unhappy..like you dont have choice, YOU DO..

Its one thing to be upset and disappointed as i'd say all of us are right now but hate and rage, nothing but emotional outbursts and hope for losses..thats NOT what Fan who truly is what we call a diehard reacts..

BTW lets stop forgetting that we are not just an injured team, we are decimated with injuries' at every key position on the team and now on our 3rd qb...knowing this but seeing new posts about how we are worse then this team or that one and can be beat by a college team right now , yet , some of you have amnesia to what actually is suiting up is NOT the DC TEAM, its a team fielded to honor the schedule but no where close to the team that was supposed to play..

Its one thing to try and cover up 2-4 injuries to key players but that not the case the entire OL is backups or backup to backups, thats the most important group on the field IMO.. Without them it doesnt matter who plays QB , RB, or WR.. I mean Dak might have made few more plays but IMHOP Dalton would be fine with the same OL dak had the first 3 games but thats changed even more, the blocking so bad they can't run, leads to teams being able to play a simple defense to equally play the pass or run to point where its max coverage and 4 man lines are getting to the qb in 2 secs, no one can function in that type of offense,

sad this board finds every nook and cranny to hate on our own team. Every last keystroke this year is hate posts.

i remember when the Cowboy Zone was more strict and only related to DC posts were allowed, hows this relate we played them beat them and its different team we have now than back then but they mean nothing to us right now,.,

dismissing the injury list we have as an excuse when its the #1 reason we are in a lost season right now..the defense is bad but injuries' have cost us a chance to rebound..it started before game 1 and snowballed but some fans hate are so blind they choose to Omit the obvious,

INJURIES DECIMATED THIS TEAM AND IS THE REASON FOR THE LAST 2 WEEKS BEING OUR WORST NON COMPETETIVE GAMES OUTCOMES..SERIOUSLY WAKE UP, I KNOW ITS COMMON TO SAY NO EXCUSES AND NEXT MAN UP BUT THE HATE FOR THE TEAM FROM THE TOP DOWN HAS CAUSE DTHIS PLACE TO BECOME TOXIC WITH HORRIBLE FANS..YOU ALL HAVE NO CHARACTER TURNING ON YOUR TEAM WHEN THEY ARE DOWN , YET YOU EXPECT THE TEAM AND PLAYERS FOR MORE ON THE FIELD..

SHAME!!!

If you hate your team so much why do you come here and talk about them, is that your end game have an account to simply bash your team?

so if thats your contention to why you no longer support the team, its time to go that wont change for another decade at least,.

the Jones will be here..so go look for another place to make your day more merrier, this obviously isnt because they are more anti cowboy sentiment in here then actually support..

I think you get it completely wrong. they complain because they are angry, they are angry, because they love this team, they complain about owner, some of the players, because they expect more, so don't take the complaining as the fans not rooting for the team, in fact its the exact opposite. if they didn't care, they wouldn't be complaining and you can't tell me this team is playing at any acceptable level, after what the GM sold everyone, following an 8-8 season. injuries may have had a hand, but this team is historically bad. specially on the defensive side. losing LVE, Chido shouldn't lead to a team giving up 176 yards of rushing per game. three games where they gave up over 200 yards and one game 300 yards.

so I think you need to calm yourself down, as much fan as you claim to be, so are everybody else.

shawe on you

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I can present an argument why at 78 being GM he still provides the greatest chance for Cowboys Football success. And his son is obviously steering us in a better direction too. Great handling of contracts and FA. Jerry has sold us. Surely we can sell it.

Maybe we are all taking the wrong angle fighting with a narcissist and his puppets. Praise him for poor mishandling of football operations. Clap for the lack of success. We are stuck with him and we like it. We should be as ridiculous as he is.

Mediocrity is more than we could have ever hoped for. It’s wonderful not contending for championships. Here’s our money. We love you. We want more!!

Being #1 in Revenue is bragging rights we can be proud of. We should start hanging banners and we should have gear. We are champions of the world in entertainment sports. No one has done it better.
See , I can do this . Lol

America’s Team
#1 in Revenue
Jerry-Jones-1-696x392.jpg.cf.jpg

Last edited:

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
someone might argue that negative posts = just being realistic with no sugar coating.

GMO415

Reaction score
Give us the Reader's Digest version.

Why question what someone feels or their beliefs? Last time I checked it's a free country.

Learn it
Love it
Live it.

Vanilla2

Reaction score
OP is right guys. True fanzz like me and him are few and far between. I didn’t read his post but I’m sure it was well written. You all should be ashamed of yourselves.

Scotman

Reaction score
As much as I hate the negativity in the fan base, I don't think that's what will kill the franchise. What will kill the franchise is apathy. The franchise dies when no one cares enough to be positive or negative. 25 years breeds more apathy than anything else.

No one dislikes constantly negative people more than a homer like me. And while they might make the message board a lot less enjoyable, they are the franchise's problem.

What the franchise needs to be worried about is a potential growing sense of apathy among the fans.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
One thing I get from the OP and he's not the only one but it is unrealistic.

The negative vibe here is like a weight, pulling the forum down but based on the expectations many had and the results so far, what would anyone expect?

Top this off with the Garrett fatigue over the last few years, he leaves and the team is actually worse and that compounds the frustration.

It's just like what we have now. The D sucks and it's all Nolan. Before that, it was all Marinelli, then it was Richard. See a trend here?

I can tell you one observation after so many years on this planet about that glass, half empty or full. Pessimists, or Realists as they like to be called, can stand Optimists a lot better than the reverse. Optimism is active; pessimism is passive. Spend energy to be a certain way and the rain on the parade stings a little more.

That and the Pessimists Club doesn't sell Christmas trees.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As much as I hate the negativity in the fan base, I don't think that's what will kill the franchise. What will kill the franchise is apathy. The franchise dies when no one cares enough to be positive or negative. 25 years breeds more apathy than anything else.

No one dislikes constantly negative people more than a homer like me. And while they might make the message board a lot less enjoyable, they are the franchise's problem.

What the franchise needs to be worried about is a potential growing sense of apathy among the fans.
Until that sense of apathy is felt in the ratings and revenue, nothing happens.

What needs to happen is for the ratings on this SNF game to tank. It's going to take a while for Booger to feel anything in the wallet relating to the level of play of his team.

kskboys

Reaction score

SHAME!!!

Weak.

So, if the doctor accidentally cut off your leg, you'd cheer him on and make excuses?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Agreed. I've never seen the purpose of viewing sports through rose colored glasses. If your favorite team is bad (or individual players are bad), there's no reason to ignore it.

It's like those insufferable fans we all know who literally think the Cowboys are going to win the Super Bowl. Every. Single. Season.

So....as was mentioned...what's wrong with cheering (or criticizing) the Cowboys the way you want?

I think we forget what "fan" means sometimes. It's just short for FANATIC. And what is reasonable or logical about fanatic?

I'll take those rose colored glasses in a heartbeat over "fans" who think they have to be ESPfingN and oh so very "objective" because it makes them think they are so much better and in-the-know than just a regular old fan who cheers for wins, and stands by them in losses.