Why Bellichecks Pats could beat 90's Pokes

Waffle

Not Just For Breakfast Anymore
Reaction score
Nors said:
All I'm stating is BB and this Patriot teams would give that Dallas team a game. He beat them with the Browns in the day..............
So did Marv Levy and the Bills in early 1993...but we kicked the living @#$% out of them in 2 Super Bowls. SO WHAT NORS????? What's your point?

Why don't you take a picture of your basement "Shrine to the Patriots" and post it in your sig for us. Geez!!
:banghead:

scottsp

Reaction score
Prolly not. Those teams were well coached and had too much talent.

CaptainComeback

Reaction score
irvin88 said:
Let's look it up. Wouldn't be shocked if it was Garrett.

A few things.

Aikman played in that game.

Nors stay off of that sh!t.

I'm going to use your assed backward logic here. If Edgerrin James routinely runs for 150 yards on NE what do you think Emmitt would have done to them?

BTW, Troy Aikman was Tom Brady before Tom Brady was Tom Brady.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Nors hadn't baited anyone into an argument in awhile. He was due a foolish statement. :jerk:

CaptainComeback

Reaction score
Nors said:
All I'm stating is BB and this Patriot teams would give that Dallas team a game. He beat them with the Browns in the day..............

Belichick also had his *** handed to him three times against a Steeler team that Dallas beat handily that year.

Thank you for playing oh, cyber village idiot.

gbrittain

Reaction score
Nors said:

What was the name of the interim Miami Dolphin coach this year who beat Bill Belichick?

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
kmp77 said:
I was meaning would the Pats even be able to beat the Bills.

That Bill team was one of the great choke artists of the forever. Pats would kick their ***! To even go there is clueless.

I am just stating the obvious that Bellicheck, his schemes with a Pats team of serious talent could have given that Dallas team a game. All this rah, rah Pro Dallas by 40 is misguided. I think Dallas wins that game 6-7 out of ten times. Not 10 out of 10.

Any given Sunday! Bring it!

Waffle

Reaction score
Nors said:
I think Dallas wins that game 6-7 out of ten times. Not 10 out of 10.
Ok... I can live with that.

My problem is that you just bow to the Patriots so much and so often that it gets everyone fired up, including me.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
CaptainComeback said:
Belichick also had his *** handed to him three times against a Steeler team that Dallas beat handily that year.

Thank you for playing oh, cyber village idiot.

Keep the insults coming! Proves your point oh so much better!

Again Bellicheck beat the 1994 Cowboys with a ****ty Browns team as you astutly pointed out. Could he do better with Pats:) :skins:

scottsp

Reaction score
Nors said:
That Bill team was one of the great choke artists of the forever. Pats would kick their ***! To even go there is clueless.

I am just stating the obvious that Bellicheck, his schemes with a Pats team of serious talent could have given that Dallas team a game. All this rah, rah Pro Dallas by 40 is misguided. I think Dallas wins that game 6-7 out of ten times. Not 10 out of 10.

Any given Sunday! Bring it!

That any given Sunday nonsense doesn't apply so much in the playoffs. I am not one of these wahoos who feels those Dallas teams win every matchup by four touchdowns, but those great schemes Belichick runs and gets away with are vs. vastly inferior teams that pale in comparison to what he'd be facing vs. those great Dallas, Niner, or Buffalo teams.

The biggest problem these Pat teams would encounter are those teams' incredible depth. Dallas, for one, would wear them down with the waves of talent they could throw their way. The Bills would kill NE with Thurman and spell him with Davis. Kelly would pick their secondary apart. So too would Aikman or Young.

And I'd love to see them trot Troy Brown out there. I think Michael Irvin would actually chuckle.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Waffle said:
Ok... I can live with that.

My problem is that you just bow to the Patriots so much and so often that it gets everyone fired up, including me.

I root against the Pats, I'm not a fan. But dang, Bellicheck has moved past Parcells and built a team and Defense that is approaching dynasty status.

The dude is coaching at a level that is almost unprecedented. I have seen in person what he did to Payton, saw the Rams biggest crash on turf.

I draw ire tonight for stating that that Pat team "could" compete with Dallas 90's team. We are 2 weeks away from looking at the only 2 that ever did it 3 in 4 years. I don't discount that accomplishment in any era. And Historians will not either.

deerp02

Reaction score
Bill Belichick

Head Coach

+--------------+----------+ | Reg. Season | Playoffs |+----------+--------------+----------+| Year TM | W L T | W L |+----------+--------------+----------+| 1991 cle | 6 10 0 | 0 0 || 1992 cle | 7 9 0 | 0 0 || 1993 cle | 7 9 0 | 0 0 || 1994 cle | 11 5 0 | 1 1 || 1995 cle | 5 11 0 | 0 0 || 2000 nwe | 5 11 0 | 0 0 || 2001 nwe | 11 5 0 | 3 0 || 2002 nwe | 9 7 0 | 0 0 || 2003 nwe | 14 2 0 | 3 0 || 2004 nwe | 14 2 0 | 0 0 |+----------+--------------+----------+| TOTALS | 89 71 0 | 7 1 |+----------+--------------+----------+ check out those awesome browns teams under BELICHICK!! not bellicheck

deerp02

Reaction score
deerp02 said:
Bill Belichick

Head Coach

+--------------+----------+ | Reg. Season | Playoffs |+----------+--------------+----------+| Year TM | W L T | W L |+----------+--------------+----------+| 1991 cle | 6 10 0 | 0 0 || 1992 cle | 7 9 0 | 0 0 || 1993 cle | 7 9 0 | 0 0 || 1994 cle | 11 5 0 | 1 1 || 1995 cle | 5 11 0 | 0 0 || 2000 nwe | 5 11 0 | 0 0 || 2001 nwe | 11 5 0 | 3 0 || 2002 nwe | 9 7 0 | 0 0 || 2003 nwe | 14 2 0 | 3 0 || 2004 nwe | 14 2 0 | 0 0 |+----------+--------------+----------+| TOTALS | 89 71 0 | 7 1 |+----------+--------------+----------+ check out those awesome browns teams under BELICHICK!! not bellicheck
well crap...that didnt work out...my point was, he had 1 winning year in cleveland....and would NEVER beat the cowboys of the early '90s

Waffle

Reaction score
Nors said:
I root against the Pats, I'm not a fan. But dang, Bellicheck has moved past Parcells and built a team and Defense that is approaching dynasty status.

The dude is coaching at a level that is almost unprecedented. I have seen in person what he did to Payton, saw the Rams biggest crash on turf.

I draw ire tonight for stating that that Pat team "could" compete with Dallas 90's team. We are 2 weeks away from looking at the only 2 that ever did it 3 in 4 years. I don't discount that accomplishment in any era. And Historians will not either.
Well Nors, please don't put the cart before the horse. Yes, the Pats have a great chance to do the 3 SBs in 4 years thing. But it's far from a shoo-in in my opinion.

Let's chat after the Pittsburgh game and see where we are then before prematurely crowning the Patriots, "Greatest Pro Football Team To Ever Be Assembled By The Best Director of Player Personnel and Head Coach Of All Time."

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
deerp02 said:
well crap...that didnt work out...my point was, he had 1 winning year in cleveland....and would NEVER beat the cowboys of the early '90s

He beat the 1994 Cowboys - Fact.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Nors said:

Although I see your point... Belichick hasn't gotten there JUST yet...

Belichick has the advantage of one team over a few years...

Parcells took two seperate teams to the dance... and one just a game shy of such...

Belichick didn't fare to well in Cleveland... and Dallas may very well be Parcells' Cleveland... let's hope not...

True... these Pats WOULD have a chance, but in a 10 game series I think the Cowboys would be a bit overwhelming...

I posted this in an earlier thread... it is, of course, subjective...

Offense:
QB: Dallas
RB: Dallas
WR: Dallas
OL: Dallas
TE: Dallas

Defense:
DL: Push
LB: Push
CB: Dallas
Safeties: Push

Special Teams:
Kicker: New England
Punter: Dallas
Punt Coverage: Dallas
Kickoff Coverage: Dallas
Punt Return: Dallas
Kickoff Return: Dallas

Given 10 games... I say the Cowboys win 7-9 of these contests...