Why Bellichecks Pats could beat 90's Pokes

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Waffle said:
Well Nors, please don't put the cart before the horse. Yes, the Pats have a great chance to do the 3 SBs in 4 years thing. But it's far from a shoo-in in my opinion.

Let's chat after the Pittsburgh game and see where we are then before prematurely crowning the Patriots, "Greatest Pro Football Team To Ever Be Assembled By The Best Director of Player Personnel and Head Coach Of All Time."

thats on you, Pioli and BB are obviously very good at that they do - not yet "best ever" status as you profess but food for fodder!
"Greatest Pro Football Team To Ever Be Assembled By The Best Director of Player Personnel and Head Coach Of All Time." [/QUOTE]

goshan

Reaction score
NE has better LBs and Brady compared to Aikman is a push.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
goshan said:
NE has better LBs and Brady compared to Aikman is a push.

I disagree on the QB... Brady is fantastic... but he is no Aikman... not yet anyway...

and I did say the LB corp was a push...

gbrittain

Reaction score
Nors said:
I root against the Pats, I'm not a fan. But dang, Bellicheck has moved past Parcells and built a team and Defense that is approaching dynasty status.

The dude is coaching at a level that is almost unprecedented. I have seen in person what he did to Payton, saw the Rams biggest crash on turf.

I draw ire tonight for stating that that Pat team "could" compete with Dallas 90's team. We are 2 weeks away from looking at the only 2 that ever did it 3 in 4 years. I don't discount that accomplishment in any era. And Historians will not either.

Think about this for a moment. Name the teams the Pats have beat in the playoffs that could compete with the 90s era Cowboys or the teams that Dallas beat on the way to the Superbowl.

The Pats have played 7 post season games including the Superbowl. Four of the games were decided by a field goal, one of them by a touchdown, and have only had double digit victories twice both against Indy.

trickblue

Reaction score
gbrittain said:
Think about this for a moment. Name the teams the Pats have beat in the playoffs that could compete with the 90s era Cowboys or the teams that Dallas beat on the way to the Superbowl.

The Pats have played 7 post season games including the Superbowl. Four of the games were decided by a field goal, one of them by a touchdown, and have only had double digit victories twice both against Indy.

You are right... and in todays NFL... last years goat could be this years SB Champion...

That didn't happen prior to the salary cap...

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
I would take the 90's Cowboys against any team in history. I've even heard people who aren't Cowboys fans and have been watching since Johnny Unitas admit that was the greatest team they ever saw. I don't give a damn what X's and O's Belichick brings to the table. We were a pretty darn predictable team. (Except when Jimmy would pull the occasional fake out of his hat. ;) ) Everyone knew what was coming next. No one could stop us. That's what makes a champion.

trickblue

Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
I would take the 90's Cowboys against any team in history. I've even heard people who aren't Cowboys fans and have been watching since Johnny Unitas admit that was the greatest team they ever saw. I don't give a damn what X's and O's Belichick brings to the table. We were a pretty darn predictable team. (Except when Jimmy would pull the occasional fake out of his hat. ;) ) Everyone knew what was coming next. No one could stop us. That's what makes a champion.

I am with you... Ron Wolf said (while he was the GM for GB) that had the salary cap not come into place... Dallas may have won 7 in a 10 year span...

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Cbz40 said:
LOL!! !!!!Nors......wash your face with cold water...........now do 10 side straddle hops...........Wash your face again............Take a cold shower......now go to bed, put one foot on the floor to keep the ceiling from spinning.....You will be just fine in the morning. Pleasant dreams Nors. :D
Post of the day.

kmp77

Reaction score
Nors said:
That Bill team was one of the great choke artists of the forever. Pats would kick their ***! To even go there is clueless.

Oh nice, Nors is calling me clueless. I guess coming from the biggest joke on the board I shouldn't take this too hard.

Derinyar

Reaction score
With Era differences, theres a decent chance in a one up football game that 94 Cleveland team would give a run/beat the current Pats team. Talent level in that day and age was a different thing. Now adays everyone has similar talent, to a certain extent.

Back then there was definately a talent gap between teams. The chances are good that most of the Cowboys teams from 92-96 would steamroll anyone they played from this era. Those were complete teams with as solid of backup units as a lot of teams now are starting. Those were great teams, right now the superbowl might should be called the really good bowl, becuase I don't think theres been a great team in this league for a few years now, just a bunch of really good ones.

Capt.Gut

Reaction score
Nors said:
He beat the 1994 Cowboys - Fact.
Are you even a Cowboys fan? If you are so in love with the pats and BB, why don't you just google for a Pats message board? They also have Ty Law on the roster. Give it a try, so we don't have to bother with your posts any longer.
On the other hand, you could also try an Eagles board. :iggles:

Tobal

Reaction score
Nors said:
That Bill team was one of the great choke artists of the forever. Pats would kick their ***! To even go there is clueless.

I am just stating the obvious that Bellicheck, his schemes with a Pats team of serious talent could have given that Dallas team a game. All this rah, rah Pro Dallas by 40 is misguided. I think Dallas wins that game 6-7 out of ten times. Not 10 out of 10.

Any given Sunday! Bring it!

Bill schemes well against trick pony offense, Dallas was not a trick pony offense and the Colt defense is not in the same league as the Dallas defense. Dillon wouldn't go crazy on us like he did on the Colts.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
DOOMSDAYREBORN said:
Nors
If I remember correctly Dallas had that game but Aikman threw and interception in the end zone. You must remember Switzer was the coach. Emmitt and Irvinwent over a 100 yards. Aikman didn't play that well, It may have been raining. I am not saying that the Patriots would not have given them a game.I just think the Cowboys would have beat them.

Peace

Actually, you are right, we had the game. Aikman threw a slant to Novacek who was going to score the winning TD with about 10 seconds to go but he slipped on the ice and went down at the one. Time ran out before we could spike it.

Nightshade

Reaction score
Nors said:
I root against the Pats, I'm not a fan. But dang, Bellicheck has moved past Parcells and built a team and Defense that is approaching dynasty status.

The dude is coaching at a level that is almost unprecedented. I have seen in person what he did to Payton, saw the Rams biggest crash on turf.

I draw ire tonight for stating that that Pat team "could" compete with Dallas 90's team. We are 2 weeks away from looking at the only 2 that ever did it 3 in 4 years. I don't discount that accomplishment in any era. And Historians will not either.

Give it up Nors. You're just wrong here.

If the game had any meaning the Cowboys would have destroyed them.
Just a fact.

With FA now, teams can't keep the same kind of talent around as they could then. That Cowboys team was loaded at almost every position.

We would have chewed them up and spit them out. Emmitt, Irvin and Novachek would have helped Aikman and our HoF O-line embarass Belichek.
And our D at that time. Look man don't even get me started on our D and what they would have done to that dink and dunk O the pats have now.

Absolutely NO comparison.
Really.

Skip

Reaction score
Paleazzeee find something to do with your time that means anything!

Not only would the Cowboys have kicked some major butt, it really doesn't matter.

TexasCowboy

Reaction score
The contest wouldn't even be close with Aikman, Irvin and Smith killing
them with the offense, Deion, Haley and Lett would be jumping down Brady's throat so fast the boy couldn't **** fast enough

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
TexasCowboy said:
The contest wouldn't even be close with Aikman, Irvin and Smith killing
them with the offense, Deion, Haley and Lett would be jumping down Brady's throat so fast the boy couldn't **** fast enough

I think he missed the first two SB's. Haley was GREAT. As I said before Dallas wins this game 6 1/2 to 7 out of 10 times. But not 10 out of 10. Brady, he gets the ball out and always had. If there is ever a coach and a team that might be able to stop the great Dallas offense it would be this Bellichecks Pats team.

TexasCowboy

Reaction score
Dallas durin those days had a nasty defense Haley, Lett, Hennings, Tolbert and Jeffcoat anchoring the line. with Norton covering at linebacker, and
Washington, Holt, Smith, Brown, Marion and Woodson in the backfield. If we want to skip ahead a year and add Deion their is no way in the world Brady is getting a pass into the wide out with Prime Time covering their best reciever

so I disagree that the Pats could beat them as many times as you claim
they can. especially with the explosive offense Dallas used when we
made our championship run durin the 90's. Aikman, Irvin, Smith, Harper,
Jimmy Smith, Moose, Novaceck Stepnoski, Gogan, Gesek, Williams, and lets not forget Larry Allen. how can their defense penetrate such a massive line like that? considering Aikman was I think the fastest
QB to get a ball off before he even felt the pressure.

That is the one great thing about Troy he never had to wait for a reciever
to be open. it only took what seemed to be a split second and the ball
was right in their hands. I just can't see how the Patriots could go up
against a team like that and beat them.

Don't get me wrong the Patriots are a great team no doubt but against a
very dominating Dynasty Dallas team of the 90's I can't see it