Why cant we copy the Chiefs

kskboys

Reaction score
I know your being sarcastic, but they are out there,but no one can see them.
If NE does not draft tom and let him sit almost 2 years, he would have just faded into oblivion.
Tom wasnt ready to play out of college.

Also 31 teams did not see much in mahomes lol, if KC doesnt pick him, he might have fell
into 2nd round, and wound up on some other team where things dont go like they have in KC.
The experts are not very good at evaluating talent, especially at QB.
KC traded up to get him because there was a ton of interest.

DC Cowboy

Reaction score
Chiefs had a bus driver QB in Alex SMith. Traded up in draft and drafted Mahomes. We can ship Dak off to some QB needy team and draft the next who we think Mahomes will be. We have our version of Tyreek Hill in our Lamb.

Mcarthy can go head to head against Reid in a lunch buffet.
are you over looking Andy Reid's paly designs?

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Chiefs had a bus driver QB in Alex SMith. Traded up in draft and drafted Mahomes. We can ship Dak off to some QB needy team and draft the next who we think Mahomes will be. We have our version of Tyreek Hill in our Lamb.

There is no Mahomes available, not on this team, not in the draft and not available in free agency or trade.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Because these guys are trying to copy the 1992 Cowboys and they can't even get that right.

jerry-stephen.jpg

Silverz1972

Reaction score
No one wants dak that much. That is the problem.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
No one wants dak that much. That is the problem.

Mahomes was taken 10th overall. The Cowboys are sitting at 10th overall. Dak isn't keeping them from anything.

They can let Dak walk and draft their Mahomes, if the Jones' are so inclined...and capable. THAT is the problem.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I was happy that MM was allowed to pick most of his staff but ultimately they were no better expect ST.
Well me too, I thought MM and his staff would be alot better than they turned out.
They talked good during summer, but then as soon as season started, I could just tell things were a mess.
And some of his game mgmt, like not taking a fg to tie the ram game, were just awful, worse than JG !

About 3 games in I was stunned, because mm and his staff were worse than JG and his staff lol.
And I dont buy all the excuses, because every team had same scenario to deal with.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
KC traded up to get him because there was a ton of interest.
Well KC wanted to make sure they got him, but 9 teams passed on him.
If they could go back, most of the 9 would now grab him.
The experts were not that high on him, or he would have been a 1-3 pick.

I would be interested to see all the draft boards for teams from that year, and see where they had mahomes, and how interested they were in him.
It could be that only another team or 2 were looking to grab him, but they made no effort to move up.
I wonder who was picking at 11-13? those might be the ones KC thought would grab him, so they moved ahead of them.

KC gets credit for seeing more in mahomes than most other teams and experts, I wonder where he was on dallas board?
probably not even on the board, as we had stats prescott ! and jerry likes his guy, so no need for some guy named mahomes.:rolleyes:

DandyDon52

Reaction score
There is no Mahomes available, not on this team, not in the draft and not available in free agency or trade.
again you dont need a mahomes, like you say, not one available , but you can get a good qb, or one that could be coached into being a good qb.
A team doesnt need dak, wilson, or any of the top qb's just a good one and design a offense for him and players you have.
Spend the money on FA, and get a cheap qb , for few years.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
2022 QB class is garbage.

Bingo. If we tag Dak, we have no choice but to use the #10 pick on a QB this year. The Cowboys cannot gamble on being able to sign Dak to a long term contract when they couldn't accomplish it the past 2 years......... this is the best QB class on paper since maybe 1983 and next year is garbage.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
again you dont need a mahomes, like you say, not one available , but you can get a good qb, or one that could be coached into being a good qb.
A team doesnt need dak, wilson, or any of the top qb's just a good one and design a offense for him and players you have.
That's nice and all but the title said copy KC. You can't copy what KC is without Mahomes

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
These threads ......... Why not just draft Mahomes?

Heck why not just draft Tom Brady or Emmitt Smith or Jerry Rice.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Well me too, I thought MM and his staff would be alot better than they turned out.
They talked good during summer, but then as soon as season started, I could just tell things were a mess.
And some of his game mgmt, like not taking a fg to tie the ram game, were just awful, worse than JG !

About 3 games in I was stunned, because mm and his staff were worse than JG and his staff lol.
And I dont buy all the excuses, because every team had same scenario to deal with.

Me too. They changed almost nothing on offense and everything on defense. It doesn't even make sense to have hired an offensive minded HC if he's not going to atleast make some tweaks. And yes i thought his game management was worse than Garretts.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
we are offensively there. we need to fix the defense and that needs to happen through the draft. even if we went with rookie QB or bottom of the barrell like Dalton, if we can't draft defense, nothing will ever get fixed.

So give us the timeline as to drafting and development this defense (and injury prone O-Line) and competing for deep playoff appearances?

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score

Cheap QB = The Dalton's of QB's or worse.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
So give us the timeline as to drafting and development this defense (and injury prone O-Line) and competing for deep playoff appearances?
SMH...

like I said, this offense is ready. the problem is defensive drafting which has been abysmal for years...

lets grant your wish, lets assume we hadn't and wouldn't resign Dak.....lets assume we go minimum wage with QB position and really skim it. lets say Dalton. there is a huge drop in QB play and offense being compromised, .so this defense better be top 3-5 and dominant like the ravens for us to have any chance at all. so 40M (in fact 22M this year),I can't think of one player on defense that I would want to extend and franchise.... what does that get you in FA? two top notch players? like who? which top notch players are available? and you know its FA so they will get over paid by 2,3,4M a year. you OK with players getting over paid? but you just complained about Dak being over paid? you know if those FA defensive players are worth it, they get franchised, which simmons and Maye already have been. so over priced, older, injured types remain....lets assume.so you get two players. how do you plug the rest of the holes? we end up with a bunch of over paid under deliver players like Poe, Griffin, Crawford....

the only way to rebuild this defense is through the draft and we better draft well. if we don't, then we have no chance. all you have to do is see Wilson in Seattle. everyone claims he is elite...ok, but he is 1-3 in the playoffs in the past three years and he has a bad defense that he has to overcome.....

so if we draft well, we will have a shot in 2 years......and you complement with a FA or two, to fill the gaps you couldn't find in draft....

Cmac

Reaction score
Let's start with coaching.....FO is a given.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Can't believe nobody posted a picture of Andy Reid and Patrick Mahomes