Why couldn’t the vaunted Eagles defense stop the Cowboys offense?

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Eagles defense came into the game as the #1-#3 rated defense depending on what stat you chose. They had been playing lights out all year long. Even after Saturday the Eagles are #2 in yards allowed. They’re #1 in passing yards allowed. They came into this game at full strength defensively. Why couldn’t they stop the Cowboys offense? Please one of you doubters tell me why the best defense in the NFL couldn’t stop the Cowboys offense?
It is odd that the worst QB in the league and the worst OC in the league put up 40 on the best defense in the league. A real head-scratcher.

lukemartin79

Reaction score
When you cough up the ball 4 times then you struggled on offence...its that simple. I’ll take our D taking away the ball 4 times over getting 6 sacks all day long. I love how Cowboy fans look for excuses for why the eagles lost...

And our D is hardly at full strength...
The defense was sucking long before the injuries. They =started to regress severely as soon as Dak came back- remember the Bears game. OC's have figured out what Quinn was doing and they know how to neutralize it now. Its not like we are getting any all=pros back from injuries, they are avg players at best. The D is what it is, vastly overrated.

Rayman70

Reaction score
The defense was sucking long before the injuries. They =started to regress severely as soon as Dak came back- remember the Bears game. OC's have figured out what Quinn was doing and they know how to neutralize it now. Its not like we are getting any all=pros back from injuries, they are avg players at best. The D is what it is, vastly overrated.
this^ FACTS. The offense has to carry us. The defense has to overachieve for us to have a chance.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
They knew they were going to lose before they got there.
With Hurts out they knew the offense would struggle- and it did- giving up four turnovers.
The defense of the Eagles knew they couldn't play as aggressive because they would have to be on the field longer with their offense not being up to par.
It was a good victory, but one that anyone who knows football expected.
Dak got to play against a weaker version of the team Cooper Rush faced, and still nearly gave the game away early. The Cowboys won by six points after getting four turnovers from the Eagles, but Dak gave the Eagles seven points himself.
And the Cowboys were at home. Dak didn't have to play against a hostile crowd, one that would gave eaten him alive after the early pick six.
The Cowboys were able to maintain the momentum going against a weaker Eagles offense, so Dak played well.
You asked.
Tell me, what team do you root for again?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I think main deal is Philadelphia does not intimidate the Cowboys. We face them 2 times a year and frankly Cowboys have had great success vs Philly which bring in the confidence factor of been there done that. the 1st meeting was a hard fought game with our backup QB in the game and was still close.

Flamma

Reaction score
The Eagles defense came into the game as the #1-#3 rated defense depending on what stat you chose. They had been playing lights out all year long. Even after Saturday the Eagles are #2 in yards allowed. They’re #1 in passing yards allowed. They came into this game at full strength defensively. Why couldn’t they stop the Cowboys offense? Please one of you doubters tell me why the best defense in the NFL couldn’t stop the Cowboys offense?

Screw the Eagles defense. They're good, but Dak had a career day against them. The biggest issue Dallas had in that game was getting down 10-0 early. It's not easy to come back against a 13-1 team down 10-0. Remember the 21-0 hole we got into back in 1994? It's an uphill climb.

They did this to us two games in a row. The Cowboys can't let this happen again and I think we have a decent shot.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
With Hurts out they knew the offense would struggle- and it did- giving up four turnovers.
The defense of the Eagles knew they couldn't play as aggressive because they would have to be on the field longer with their offense not being up to par.
Dak got to play against a weaker version of the team Cooper Rush faced, and still nearly gave the game away early. The Cowboys won by six points after getting four turnovers from the Eagles, but Dak gave the Eagles seven points himself.
And the Cowboys were at home. Dak didn't have to play against a hostile crowd, one that would gave eaten him alive after the early pick six.
The Cowboys were able to maintain the momentum going against a weaker Eagles offense, so Dak played well.
You asked.
Dak owns the Eagles, home and away. But nice try.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
I have one word for you...the play calling was excellent! Okay, I'll admit...I dropped out of high school in elementary. But the facts remain the same. Play calling stretched the defense vertically and horizontally. When a defense gets stretched both ways like that...good things happen.

POST SCRIPT...
Despite the short fields from turnovers, Dak still passed for over 300 yards.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
You asked.
The OP asked but your response was bs. Your total rebuttal shows you know nothing about the game. I must say, you are comical and I enjoy your disdain for my team. The eagles lost because of 4 turnovers. Pretty simple.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Easy answer. 4 turnovers

Similar to how our top defense was so vulnerable to Egirls in 1st meeting.

starfan1

Reaction score
You asked.
As per norm what a load of garbage

Sanders fumble aside the picks we got were not bad throws or reads by Gardner they were good plays by the secondary certainly the bland 1 was
The offense of the eagles didn’t struggle they never punted

Gardner throws the ball better than hurts and is sneaky mobile. He scrambles to throw where hurts just flat out scrambles to run for big plays

you can stop with the cooper rush garbage he threw 3 picks because he’s easy to defend if you have a decent secondary

I’m appreciative he played well enough to go 4-1 when the defense played well then against 4 compromised lines

when we played bengals their line was garbage they came together with playing time but we benefitted from the timing of playing them not sure we could duplicate that now
Rams line still sucks as do the giants and we benefitted from Carson Wentz lead commanders team so let’s not act like rush came in and beat last years version of Super Bowl teams

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The Eagles are not the best defense in the NFL the 49ers are. Eagles stats are skewed because of their cupcake schedule. You can see flaws in this defense and they aren’t going anywhere in the playoffs. I still believe the 49ers will shred both of these teams in the playoffs.
I’d have to agree with this as well. 49ers look to be the best team in NFC. No doubt best defense in NFL. And I’m picking them to win conference as a result .

Diehardblues

Reaction score
When you cough up the ball 4 times then you struggled on offence...its that simple. I’ll take our D taking away the ball 4 times over getting 6 sacks all day long. I love how Cowboy fans look for excuses for why the eagles lost...

And our D is hardly at full strength...
4 turnovers is extremely tough to overcome against good teams, which we are. Same reason we lost the first meeting. Turnovers.

Portnoy1

Reaction score
49ers are the best D in the league and it’s not even close.
The 49ers are scary on both sides of the ball and the cowboys want nothing to do with them. It was bad for us in the playoffs last year and I fear it will be worse this year

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The 49ers are scary on both sides of the ball and the cowboys want nothing to do with them. It was bad for us in the playoffs last year and I fear it will be worse this year
49ers defense might even give Chiefs or Bills a tough time in SB.