Why Cowboys and other teams are not interviewing Bill Belichick

Chasing6

Reaction score
oh but it is , coaches come out of owners wallet, not the cap and many owners are tight with their own money, and jerry and his boy are the worst.
Jeruh has plenty of money to buy what he wants.

1942willys

Reaction score
I am not denying bill or the patriots were not great teams. I am saying that for a good part of bradys career they had a high percentage chance of getting into the playoffs, a bye, and home field advantage, where as the cowboys with romo had a lower chance during that time due to the competition in the east. It is not a comparison of skill or a complaint, it is a comparison of schedule strength and the playoff bracket. I am sure there were teams that had the ability and design that would have given them a high percentage chance to beat the patriots, that due to their division, were kept out of the playoffs.

An example would be, if the packers, 49ers, eagles, and lions were in the same division, it would be a different looking year for the cowboys. If the cowboys had 2 more teams like the Commanders in their division, they would have had a higher chance of getting that bye in week 1.

The coaches do play a part during the week and gameday. What I was trying to get over is that belichick is not some other wordly abnormal talent. There are 32 good head coaches in the nfl. They all make winning calls and dumb calls. If 50 percent is average out of the 32 hc's, belicheck might be at 54% and Mccarthy is at 52%. I personally believe their division was more of a factor in the patriots becoming a dynasty than the 2 % difference in coaching from the other team

I dont think coaching in the nfl is a range from 0 percent to a 100, where some coaches are at 8 % and some at 98%. Like i said, i think it is more like 46 to 54
For ONE thing there clearly are NOT 32 good HC in the NFL since there are a number of them fired each year
so that kind of makes your whole argument worthless
BUT an 5-10% edge is significant when all else is nearly equal; you seem unable to make that distinction

dsturgeon

Reaction score
For ONE thing there clearly are NOT 32 good HC in the NFL since there are a number of them fired each year
so that kind of makes your whole argument worthless
BUT an 5-10% edge is significant when all else is nearly equal; you seem unable to make that distinction
You could make a very good case that there are good coaches that get fired because of social media pressure not lack of skill

Answer this for me. How do you quantify the difference between Mcarthys 1 superbowl win and Belichicks 6. Is Belichick 6 times the coach Mike is?

1942willys

Reaction score
You could make a very good case that good coaches get fired because of social media pressure not lack of skill

Answer this for me. How do you quantify the difference between Mcarthys 1 superbowl win and Belichicks 6. Is Belichick 6 times the coach Mike is?
and how do you with a straight face claim all firings are due to social media?
so wins and loses have no effect?
SERIOUSLY?
As regards BB, clearly he is a better HC because he set up a system that lasted twenty years, How long did MM last?

dsturgeon

Reaction score
and how do you with a straight face claim all firings are due to social media?
so wins and loses have no effect?
SERIOUSLY?
As regards BB, clearly he is a better HC because he set up a system that lasted twenty years, How long did MM last?
i never used "all"

I think brady and the division were responsible for the majority of the dynasty. If you put belicheck on a different team as a hc, he might not even have 1 superbowl win (keeping in mind I think he is a great coach). The same might go for Brady

Last edited:

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Mack Jones is a first rd pick. Bill before and after Brady, and we are not talking about 2 years, we are talking 11 seasons. Has been horrible. Well below a 500 coach. The one outlier is the 11-5 Matt Cassell year that everyone brings up. Just happens to be 08, so he had a roster coming off an 18-1 season, of course Cassel won 11 games. Even with that season, he's not close to a 500 coach. He's a great DC that stepped in $!@@ and landed the best QB of all time.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
If you are an Owner or GM or in our case both are you going to build your team around a 72 year old coach? How long is your contract going to be?
forget the age lol.
there would be no "building" with the cowboys, he would work with whats here and the drafted players, maybe 1 or 2 FA.

as for contract I would give him 2 year deal and demand a win in div round 1st year, and champ game appearance in 2nd.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I agree with what you are saying,..but just think, BB comes in, they go to the NFCCG, or heavens the SB and WIN.....Jerry could not live with himself and everyone would know it was BB, NOT Jerry, as the one who got them their 6th. Jerry's big ego would never be able to deal with this....far worse than when Jimmy was here, because he has wasted three decades wanting to win and have the credit. Another banner hanging on the rafters that does not have his name on it.
Ok that is a good point, but jerry would get credit for bringing bill in and be holding up another SB trophy , which should sooth his bruised ego.

Truth is no one is going to give jerry any credit for when he does win another one,(If he does lol) they would say MM did it.
The time for jerry to get any credit is long gone, that ship has sailed.