Why Cowboys and other teams are not interviewing Bill Belichick

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I guess the billionaires are all tightwads with the cash lol . It explains why the jones boys were not interested. They would have to pay 20 + 6 for mikes last year.

You get what you pay for. And Jerry who said money was no problem to win another SB, but I guess it is.

Then there is the full power thing, they would not have any say in draft, FA, etc.

The recent record is easily explained, Brady left because he knew the talent had all left, and drafting in lower rounds EVERY year adds up.

Since brady left Bill had the team with no talent and had to make do with a lower round QB. Hard for any coach to win with that.

It is a shame as it would have been interesting to see what Bill could have done with the current cowboys players.
There would not have been a rebuild, but just some adjustments.
One thing for sure cowboys would have been prepared to play games, and not just show up to play with a stupid game plan.
Our defense would take out of the game the other teams best player.
Dak would have been good enough to win, as BB won a SB when brady was just a bus driver who didnt make mistakes.

The jones boys passed up a golden opportunity, and so have the other teams.
Also bill wanted the cowboys job, so may have given in on the gm and full power thing. But jones boys saw that 20 mil tag and blew him off .
Too expensive for ol jerry lol he couldnt afford Bill is bottom line.

khiladi

Reaction score
I guess the billionaires are all tightwads with the cash lol . It explains why the jones boys were not interested. They would have to pay 20 + 6 for mikes last year.

You get what you pay for. And Jerry who said money was no problem to win another SB, but I guess it is.

Then there is the full power thing, they would not have any say in draft, FA, etc.

The recent record is easily explained, Brady left because he knew the talent had all left, and drafting in lower rounds EVERY year adds up.

Since brady left Bill had the team with no talent and had to make do with a lower round QB. Hard for any coach to win with that.

It is a shame as it would have been interesting to see what Bill could have done with the current cowboys players.
One thing for sure cowboys would have been prepared to play games, and not just show up to play with a stupid game plan.
Dak would have been good enough to win, as BB won a SB when brady was just a bus driver who didnt make mistakes.

Also bill wanted the cowboys job, so may have given in on the gm and full power thing. But jones boys saw that 20 mil tag and blew him off .
Also to point out, Ernie Adams and Dante Scarnecchia, the only real personnel that mattered for Bill Bellichek, retired around the same time Brady left. Adams was basically “Rainman” for BB.

But even BB isn’t winning with Dak. Winning with Brady pre-2006 defensive back rules is completely different than winning with a QB that “drives the bus”.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
BB won squat before TB and won squat after TB.

He's neither evil nor a genius. He simply rode TB's coat-tails.

The owners see right through that clown.
I said this during the Tom Brady years as well.

I kept telling people he did not win anything before Brady arrived and it would be the same after Brady retired.

Brady left and won a Super Bowl with the Buccaneers of all teams. Belichick's Brady-less Patriot teams got worse.

I think Belichick is a good defensive coordinator, but unless he wins a Super Bowl without Brady, Brady will always be the reason why the Patriots were so good.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Money is not the issue about hiring coaches like Belichick.
Brady left because he and Belichick were not seeing eye to eye on having his personal trainer involved in every little thing. It had reached epic proportions.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I really do not think money is a factor for Jerry.

I do think Jerry and the team's front office (not just Jerry) do not want to give up their power and control, but Belichick also said that he was open to handing over more control to someone else before the Patriots moved on from him.

We can speculate the reasons why, but I have a feeling it was multiple reasons, with the strongest being the support the players have for McCarthy, Quinn (if he remains) and the rest of the coaches.

I think the opinion of the players though should not matter as some of them will jump ship the moment the team falls again.

They also likely do not want new coaches because they don't want to have to learn new playbooks, deal with new coaches, especially ones who may not be as friendly or personable as McCarthy and Quinn have been.

Kwyn

Reaction score
Brady left because he and Belichick were not seeing eye to eye on having his personal trainer involved in every little thing. It had reached epic proportions.
Oh, you mean the reason Brady famously “took less money” because the Pats were paying him under the table with their agreement with TB12?

Always amuses me when people point to that as why every other player who “wants to win” should take less than the market demands.

Kwyn

Reaction score
Brady wasn't the Brady people think of his first few years. That first year especially he was just a good bus driver.

And we don't have to wonder about Jimmy. He didn't win anything in Miami even with Dan Marino.
Shh, we don’t talk about Jimmy in Miami around here. He left the league after Jerry fired him.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Also to point out, Ernie Adams and Dante Scarnecchia, the only real personnel that mattered for Bill Bellichek, retired around the same time Brady left. Adams was basically “Rainman” for BB.

But even BB isn’t winning with Dak. Winning with Brady pre-2006 defensive back rules is completely different than winning with a QB that “drives the bus”.
so those guys were asst coaches? what did they do for bill?
Bill is a def guy so he would need a good OC.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
so that was toms personal trainer ? hadnt heard about this.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I said this during the Tom Brady years as well.

I kept telling people he did not win anything before Brady arrived and it would be the same after Brady retired.

Brady left and won a Super Bowl with the Buccaneers of all teams. Belichick's Brady-less Patriot teams got worse.

I think Belichick is a good defensive coordinator, but unless he wins a Super Bowl without Brady, Brady will always be the reason why the Patriots were so good.
Well Brady became a great qb and helped bill and those teams win the SB's etc. There were different teams in that time span.
But 20 years of drafting low makes it really hard to maintain a talented team, drafting not just low but at bottom of the round every year.
I think that is why NE lost to NYG both SB's because they had more talented players.

The patriots were done before tom left, and it was bill and tom that got the team into the playoffs those last few times.
Brady went to a loaded buccs team lol that just needed a qb.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Oh, you mean the reason Brady famously “took less money” because the Pats were paying him under the table with their agreement with TB12?

Always amuses me when people point to that as why every other player who “wants to win” should take less than the market demands.
I was referring to hiring coaches. Did you read the OP?