News: Why Cowboys Have a New DB Coach

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why Cowboys Have a New DB Coach
http://profootballtalkline.com/nfl/.../115630/why-cowboys-have-a-new-db-coach.html/

The Dallas Cowboys have a new DB Coach and Passing Game Coordinator they scooped up from the Seattle Seahawks and all the right things are being said in regards to the new hire (Kris Richard). What’s not being said is, ‘why the change?’

An example of ‘why’ is a flashback to the Giants scoring a go-ahead TD while the defensive coverage that was called was not able to enact effective coverage on the play and Sean Lee knew it. Unfortunately, his coach was in the dark and again, this is just an example of what Dallas had been experiencing for several seasons with the back seven in the current scheme. Sub-par results caused by design rather than the player’s performance.

Why is Sean Lee so important to Dallas? Here’s the in-game conversation between Lee & Joe Baker (was let go by Dallas this offseason) after NYG scored a TD to go up 10-3. Cowboys coaches called a defense that was physically impossible to execute, and Lee had to tell him so.

10:08 AM - May 10, 2018

It was past time to make a change and credit the Cowboys Front Office and Jason Garrett for pulling the trigger on Baker and several other assistants whose units were not performing up to standards.

That looks really bad.

I'm happy he was replaced but I will say that it's difficult to have that conversation without looking at the film together.

CCBoy

Reaction score
That looks really bad.

I'm happy he was replaced but I will say that it's difficult to have that conversation without looking at the film together.

I don't know X..you want the head coach or even Jerry in every film review, including players?

Sometimes one just has to give credit for those actually responsible for change, and move on...

VACowboy

Reaction score
That looks really bad.

Sometimes it's just that obvious.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I thought Garrett said they were changing staff because coaches weren't bought into his message and there was only going to be one message...the Garrett message.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I thought Garrett said they were changing staff because coaches weren't bought into his message and there was only going to be one message...the Garrett message.

Ugh. I heard that kind of "Don't Question My Word" talk in All or Nothing from Garrett. It's true that guys have to know how to march and follow orders. But demands for silence are for guys who don't believe they can win an argument.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
What do you have to do to get fired? How long was he here?

It's.like where I work......you'd have to go to the HR director, kick him in the nads and then tell him you've lost 40 pounds porkin' his wife.

Geez........

LLLOOLLL

RoboQB

Reaction score
Ugh. I heard that kind of "Don't Question My Word" talk in All or Nothing from Garrett. It's true that guys have to know how to march and follow orders. But demands for silence are for guys who don't believe they can win an argument.

I got to challenge that a bit.

I saw it as he didn't like the snickering and undermining of his message.
Like it or not, he's the HC. If the players see that the assistants don't respect the HC,
eventually, they won't respect him either.

Now, I'm not saying I buy into his message. He seems a bit corny to me... like a fake tough guy act.
However, he's the HC and he should be respected.

I'm pretty sure there's basically "one voice" in New England.

waving monkey

Reaction score
Also when employees arent buying in I go get new employees. Garrett is the boss